FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UMHB03 and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Weak Safety

Quote from: Conrad on May 29, 2009, 10:45:35 PM
Sporting News College Football magazine preseason magazine is out. UMHB is ranked #4 and HSU is #7.

Wouldn't that make for an exciting first round playoff match up!   >:( >:( >:(

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Weak Safety on May 30, 2009, 01:29:48 PM
Sporting News College Football magazine preseason magazine is out. UMHB is ranked #4 and HSU is #7.

+1!   :D    :P

@d3jason

Agreed +1

Toby Taff

+1 from me also...I say let's get our mad on good and early this year
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

CRUfanatic31

Ill second that game ;D What's the outlook of the CRU defense this year? Any hopefull recruits coming in?

crufootball

Lindy's Sports Annual also came out recently and had UMHB at #7 and HSU at #15. The only article written about DIII was about UMHB titled "Division III Finds Strongholds Deep In Heart of Texas", the article does mention that HSU and Trinity have helped that fact.

The UMHB-HSU game is also one of five games spotlighted as The Big Ones. Tan Stokes of ETBU was named the newcome of the year.

One thing I found interesting was the Sporting News poll had UW-Whitewater as #1 and Mount Union as #2. MUC did lose a lot but I couldn't believe they didn't take the poll position.

cowboyfan

I think if both teams (hsu and umhb)  play well this year then a first round (or maybe second at best) match up is inevitable. Here's to staying healthy and having a good season so that we can watch Two outstanding programs duke it out at the beginning of the playoffs. I wonder what the playoff landscape would look like if UMHB and HSU had not been forced to meet every year 1st or 2nd round. Can't wait for the season... Neither can my 2 year old. We should be making it out west for a few games good luck to everyone this year. Stay healthy.

etbualum

Tan Stokes of ETBU was named the newcome of the year.

Stokes was a good JV back last year.  We have a pretty crowded backfield and he didnt get 1 varsity carry last year.  Good kid and if he gets a chance may show some good stuff, but I am not sure about newcomer of the year.

If you want to read some interesting stuff, ETBU's Football mission trip faced some adversity and Coach Sartain Blogged about it.
http://www.etbu.edu/News/news_item.jsp?NewsID=847

http://www.tigersinlondon.blogspot.com/

Ralph Turner

Some friends of mine live in Forney TX which is east of Dallas on Hwy 80.

The suburb is growing quickly and has built a new high school on the north side of town.

The school board has considered several names.

It originally considered Forney North High School, similar to McKinney North or Plano East Senior High School or Plano West Senior High School which are other high schools in the Dallas suburbs.

After careful deliberation, the school board thought that "FN High School" did not reflect correctly on the school.

The school will be named North Forney High School.

Now I wonder what the mascot will be?    :D :o ;D ;)

Toby Taff

Quote from: Ralph Turner on June 03, 2009, 04:49:51 PM

The suburb is growing quickly and has built a new high school on the north side of town.

It originally considered Forney North High School, similar to McKinney North or Plano East Senior High School or Plano West Senior High School which are other high schools in the Dallas suburbs.

After careful deliberation, the school board thought that "FN High School" did not reflect correctly on the school.

Maybe a Cowgirl named Forney Kate?  ::) ;D
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Toby Taff on June 03, 2009, 05:22:59 PM

ROTFLMAO

That is honestly better than the  "Gators"!   :D

Toby Taff

Quote from: Ralph Turner on June 03, 2009, 07:58:11 PM
Quote from: Toby Taff on June 03, 2009, 05:22:59 PM

ROTFLMAO

That is honestly better than the  "Gators"!   :D
you have to love the flexibility of the english language.

Ralph Turner

Centenary is doing its due diligence.  The travel in the Summit League must be a killer!

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20090603/SPORTS02/906030350/1001/SPORTS

I would love to have Centenary!

Ron Boerger

Kudos for you ASC faithful posters:  in an interview on the "Advantage:  Catdome" blog, Pat Coleman singles out the ASC board as being his favorite from a "information and content standpoint."  Congratulations.  :)

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Ron Boerger on June 04, 2009, 01:35:08 PM
Kudos for you ASC faithful posters:  in an interview on the "Advantage:  Catdome" blog, Pat Coleman singles out the ASC board as being his favorite from a "information and content standpoint."  Congratulations.  :)
Wow!!!

But we have a half-dozen really great SCAC fans that help a lot!   :)