MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndOne

Quote from: Pistol Pete on May 01, 2018, 10:31:43 PM
Quote from: AndOne on April 29, 2018, 08:29:04 PM
Had the pleasure of attending the North Central Basketball Award Banquet

...This season the Cardinals enjoyed spending Thanksgiving in Hawaii while participating in a tournament.
Next season will be highlighted by a tip to Las Vegas where they will play in the Las Vegas Shootout between Christmas and New Years.

I'd put my money on Christmas, though New Years has its backers too.

It appears that the actual game dates are closer to the end of the year, and talk on the circuit has centered on the various forms of frivolity that might be available on The Strip on New Year's Eve.
🎉 🍾 🎆  ;D

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

We don't normally see issues in Vegas regarding teams. As tempting as the city is on paper (or from afar), the teams end up being pretty good, having a great experience, and even staying longer to take things in and enjoy the city for what it really is - an entertaining city not involving "bad" stuff. :)

As for dates... the D3hoops.com Classic is played between the 27th and the 30th with slight variations of starting the 27th or 28th - depending on the year.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

AndOne

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on May 02, 2018, 12:02:18 PM
We don't normally see issues in Vegas regarding teams. As tempting as the city is on paper (or from afar), the teams end up being pretty good, having a great experience, and even staying longer to take things in and enjoy the city for what it really is - an entertaining city not involving "bad" stuff. :)

As for dates... the D3hoops.com Classic is played between the 27th and the 30th with slight variations of starting the 27th or 28th - depending on the year.

Just to be clear, my above reference to "frivolity" was in regard to lighthearted (and legal) fun as opposed to any possible acts of a decadent nature, and emanated not from any student-athletes, but rather from adults. All is well. 😇

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

I just know that it is a concern that is raised when I talk to some coaches... so, I always point out we don't know of any issues with the teams while they are there. Sometimes it proves to be interesting "people watching" (as Pat knows)... but that's about it.  :)
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Pat Coleman

People watching (and eating) are my favorite things to do in Vegas.  8-)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

AndOne

Quote from: Pat Coleman on May 02, 2018, 04:40:03 PM

Yes, Pat. Yours and most others!  ::)

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: AndOne on May 02, 2018, 06:15:27 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on May 02, 2018, 04:40:03 PM

Yes, Pat. Yours and most others!  ::)

There is a great story associated with this ... but for the sake of the innocent and to keep the unnamed ... unnamed ... let's leave it at that.

Let's just say... while I've gotten to know the players well from calling games in Vegas... some times we get to know people better just sitting back at the craps table. LOL

AndOne

AUGIE RECRUIT

Josh Boulanger, a 6'4" *150 pound wing from Brother Rice HS has committed to Augie.

10.7 PPG
8.6 RPG
1.2 APG
1.0 SPG
2.2 BPG

* Grey Giovanine better put in for a couple of extra orders of steak 🥩 and pizza 🍕 for the Augie training table.  :D

Titan Q

An article about IWU's recruiting class from earlier in the week...

http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/college/basketball/iwu-basketball-lands-four-recruits/article_be696c55-4108-5572-a625-77018a95f16b.html

The class consists of:
* Peter Lambesis, 6-3 PG/SG (St. Viator HS)
* Matt Leritz, 6-7 PF (St. Louis U High)
* Gavin Markgraff, 6-4 G/F (McHenry HS)
* Cory Noe, 6-2 PG/SG (Mahomet-Seymour HS)

Based on everything I've heard and learned about these guys, it sounds like Ron Rose and staff have done very well here.

robertgoulet

Posted this on the football board, but per North Central athletics official Twitter a "Major Announcement regarding Cardinal athletics" is coming tomorrow.

The only thing that came to mind is "D2?"
You win! You always do!

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

AndOne

Quote from: robertgoulet on May 07, 2018, 02:40:53 PM
Posted this on the football board, but per North Central athletics official Twitter a "Major Announcement regarding Cardinal athletics" is coming tomorrow.

Not even Merner Fieldhouse, long known affectionately as "The Hangar," could be expected to last forever. ⌛️ 💣 💥 🤫

robertgoulet

Quote from: AndOne on May 07, 2018, 09:51:53 PM
Quote from: robertgoulet on May 07, 2018, 02:40:53 PM

Not even Merner Fieldhouse, long known affectionately as "The Hangar," could be expected to last forever. ⌛️ 💣 💥 🤫

One option we'd (a few former classmates and I) kicked around...but we'd always been told that Merner was untouchable.
You win! You always do!

robertgoulet

Seems to be the "major announcement" is that they are going to offer women's wrestling as a varsity sport.

The initial tease on Twitter had XXVII (27) on it, and the women's wrestling announcement today said it's the 27th varsity sport.
You win! You always do!