2012 Playoffs: Bracket Reactions & more

Started by K-Mack, November 11, 2012, 05:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AUKaz00

Quote from: K-Mack on November 19, 2012, 07:45:53 PM
Quote from: hazzben on November 18, 2012, 11:31:00 PM
Quote from: USee on November 18, 2012, 05:16:33 PM
Since HSC brought it up, Elmhurst's appearance in the playoffs means that 7 of 8 CCIW teams have made it to the playoffs since 2000. Only North Park, which hasn't  even won a conference game during that span, has not been to the dance. And of the 7 teams, 6 have won 1st round games.

7 of 8 is an impressive stat and statement about the leagues depth and parity. Especially given how much Wheaton and North Central seem to dominate the headlines in a typical year. Not many other leagues - any ?? - could boast this

The ODAC has sent H-SC, R-MC, W&L, E&H, Bridgewater and Catholic since 2000. 6 of 7, or 7 of 8 since Shenandoah went in 2004 while a member of the USAC. Guilford is the loner, but was 8-2 in 1997 FWIW.

The MAC or CC would be the other leagues I guess have sent more than half of their teams. Off top:
CC: McDaniel, Susquehanna, Johns Hopkins, Muhlenberg, Dickinson. F&M and Gettysburg have had 7-/8-win seasons but no playoffs that I can recall.
MAC: Lyco, DelVal, Widener, Wilkes, King's, Albright. Lebanon Valley went 9-1 with an OT loss to Albright by 1 and missed. Stevenson and Misericordia don't count. That's seven ... not sure which side Moravian counts on, but it's been a while for them. 1993 maybe.

IIAC has sent five I think. WIAC hasn't sent many, but everyone but UW-RF has had eight-win or better years, I believe, now that Platteville and Oshkosh joined the club this year.

So it's not quite as rare as it seems, when you give it a 12-/13-year span, but it is an interesting accomplishment. I think it says more about parity than strength.

The E8 sent 5 of 7 original members in Alfred, Fisher, Hartwick, Ithaca and Springfield.  And Salisbury has gone the past two years.  From that list only Hartwick hasn't played past the 1st round.
Check out the official card game of the AU Pep Band - Str8 Eight!

pg04

Quote from: ExTartanPlayer on November 20, 2012, 10:38:29 AM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 20, 2012, 10:33:37 AM
Yeah, sorry -- that reads as being way more defensive than the tone I had in my head when I wrote it, sorry about that.

Shame, shame, for not being able to convey tone in a typewritten post.  Clearly you need to start inserting more smiley faces.

Yeah. This is my move to change the tone of my posts even though I still really mean to be an a-hole  ;)

Ralph Turner

Yeah, sorry -- that reads as being way more defensive than the tone I had in my head when I wrote it, sorry about that.

Shame, shame, for not being able to convey tone in a typewritten post.  Clearly you need to start inserting more smiley faces.
:)   ;)   8-)   ;D

K-Mack

I adopted these and lol as standard practice, even if making me look silly, after the first five or six times I almost lost a friend over something said over e-mail or on a message board.
Former author, Around the Nation ('01-'13)
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

K-Mack

Quote from: pg04 on November 20, 2012, 05:13:59 PM

Yeah. This is my move to change the tone of my posts even though I still really mean to be an a-hole  ;)

:idea:
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

ExTartanPlayer

Quote from: K-Mack on November 20, 2012, 09:08:54 PM

I adopted these and lol as standard practice, even if making me look silly, after the first five or six times I almost lost a friend over something said over e-mail or on a message board.

Keith, you are dead to me.

:)

See how much better that looks?!
I was small but made up for it by being slow...

http://athletics.cmu.edu/sports/fball/2011-12/releases/20120629a4jaxa

pg04

You are a ****ing idiot!  :) ;)

OK, I may have pushed it one post too far.

K-Mack

I was wondering what I said/wrote to be dead to you for a second there.

;D
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Nastradamus, Triple Take

PA_wesleyfan

Football !!! The ultimate team sport. Anyone who plays DIII football is a winner...

K-Mack

Quote from: PA_wesleyfan on November 28, 2012, 06:21:18 PM
Here's article about one of the Wesley players who . Was diagnosed with lymphoma recently.

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20121128/SPORTS08/311280039/Brooks-after-diagnosis-Don-t-worry-about-me

We have written a story on Kirk Brooks as well, but probably won't post it for a day or two as we currently have a Wesley feature out front.
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Nastradamus, Triple Take

Hawks88

Here's article about one of the Wesley players who . Was diagnosed with lymphoma recently.

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20121128/SPORTS08/311280039/Brooks-after-diagnosis-Don-t-worry-about-me
He'll be in our prayers. That interception he had against Huntingdon was an awesome play. I'll remember that for a long time.

SUADC

Quote from: Hawks88 on November 28, 2012, 07:33:37 PM

He'll be in our prayers. That interception he had against Huntingdon was an awesome play. I'll remember that for a long time.

My prayers are with him and his family as well.

Raider 68

Pat,

Today's Playoff Prediction page would not come up. I checked it a few times. :-\
13 time Division III National Champions

02 Warhawk

Funny, it works for me...unless they just fixed it.

thewaterboy

Great game today in Belton....IMO, this was the Stagg Bowl. Both teams were evenly matched, and plays went either way and it came down to who could get the job done best. Today that was the Cru. Im willing to go so far as to say that they are the best team left. Mount is going to have to come up with something special if they want to win here.