East Region Fan Poll

Started by gobombers15, December 19, 2008, 01:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magicman

Brockport hanging with Carnegie Mellon. Down 2 41-39 with 6:40 to go.

magicman

Brockport  loses to CMU 75-70 in double OT. Tough loss for the Eagles.

SUNYIT beats  #12 Elms 85-77.  Way to go Wildcats.

RIT goes down against Salem St. 83-71.  Thought they might also pull the upset. 

RPI loses to Richard Stockton 79-65. No surprise there Stockton is a solid team with Final 4 potential.

St. Lawrence downs Brooklyn 81-69 and now has to play SUNYIT to get to the Sweet 16

Medaille loses to #15 John Carroll  90-79. Not a blowout as many anticipated.

with age came?

Again I stand by my post back on 3/1/09.  I do not think the east is way down from previous years. 3 east teams with a chance to go to the sweet 16 with one guaranteed (SUNYIT / ST Law winner).  Even in losses, the east was represented pretty well - Brockport 2 ot loss - RPI even at the end of the first half with pretty powerful Richard Stockton. Medaille turns an unvictoried season of a couple of years ago to a firm challenge to a top 15 school.  And Medaille and RPI had to play against the home teams. The jury is still out but in my book but so far at least the showings are equal to last years achievements for east teams.

P.S. My Poll 1) Ithaca 2) St Law 3) Rochester 4) Roch Tech 5) Hamilton 6) RPI 7) SUNYIT 8) My big cop out- Utica & NYU

magicman

Quote from: with age came? on March 07, 2009, 01:47:33 AM
Again I stand by my post back on 3/1/09.  I do not think the east is way down from previous years. 3 east teams with a chance to go to the sweet 16 with one guaranteed (SUNYIT / ST Law winner).  Even in losses, the east was represented pretty well - Brockport 2 ot loss - RPI even at the end of the first half with pretty powerful Richard Stockton. Medaille turns an unvictoried season of a couple of years ago to a firm challenge to a top 15 school.  And Medaille and RPI had to play against the home teams. The jury is still out but in my book but so far at least the showings are equal to last years achievements for east teams.

P.S. My Poll 1) Ithaca 2) St Law 3) Rochester 4) Roch Tech 5) Hamilton 6) RPI 7) SUNYIT 8) My big cop out- Utica & NYU

with age,
I agree with that. Parity not mediocrity in most cases. 7 teams dancing this year, only 4 last year. SLU if they get by SUNYIT(and I think they will)has a realistic shot at the Final 4. Richard Stockton who will probably be their opponent in the sweet 16 lost to Middlebury earlier this season, and SLU owns a win over Middlebury. Not saying that's going to happen but it's not out of the question either. I saw Stockton play last year in the Sweet 16 and they're a well coached, balanced team, that doesn't know the word quit. Will be a tough matchup for the Saints. Would love to see a Saints-Bombers rematch in the Final Four. And even if that happened we'll still be hearing how down the East is this year.

FisherDynasty

I still think the east is down this year.  I also think they were down last year as well compared to normal.   i think the big difference this year as that the northeast is down this year as well making it easier for east teams.  i think slu is a lock for sweet 16 same with ithaca without much of a fight. 

magicman

Hartwick downs St John Fisher 69-60 to win the ECAC Upstate Tournament.
Jan Cocozziello was named the tournament MOP. Nice way to finish his career.

with age came?

As the season comes to a close I would like to congratulate NY's 3 All-American's (Chmielowiec of U of R, Carson of RIT, and Burton of Ithaca) and also OUR BEAST FROM THE EAST ---   MAGICMAN who just beat down everyone involved in the Fantasy Playoff league over on the multi-regional board!!!   Way to go Magic!!!

FreddyState

Lets get a early season poll going for the east region.  I willl take your votes or you can just post your regional rankings here.

FreddyState

1. St. John. Fisher
2. SUNYIT
3. Fredonia
4. Medaille
5. Rochester
6. Hamilton
7. Cortland
8.RPI/Utica

These are my top eight anyone have any input.  I know Fredonia looks a little random but just trust me they should have a solid season this year in the east, four starters back from a team that lost in the SUNYAC championship. 

bomber3

Quote from: FreddyState on November 14, 2009, 02:22:44 AM
1. St. John. Fisher
2. SUNYIT
3. Fredonia
4. Medaille
5. Rochester
6. Hamilton
7. Cortland
8.RPI/Utica

These are my top eight anyone have any input.  I know Fredonia looks a little random but just trust me they should have a solid season this year in the east, four starters back from a team that lost in the SUNYAC championship. 

Care for a do over on that homer pick after the loss to elmira?

FreddyState

I take back my homer pick for now with Fredonia at number 3 haha....This years east division has been and seems to be very interesting this year.   No real consistancy just teams beating up on each other...i beleive Medaille, SUNYIT, and oneonta only undefeated so far..skidemore 5-1, RPI 4-1, Plattsburgh 6-1. stevens 4-1 and utica 4-1... IDK

magicman

Quote from: FreddyState on December 05, 2009, 03:29:12 AM
I take back my homer pick for now with Fredonia at number 3 haha....This years east division has been and seems to be very interesting this year.   No real consistancy just teams beating up on each other...i beleive Medaille, SUNYIT, and oneonta only undefeated so far..skidemore 5-1, RPI 4-1, Plattsburgh 6-1. stevens 4-1 and utica 4-1... IDK

SUNYIT got  handled by Union Thursday night 75-60.  Up 26-24 with 6:30 left in the 1st half Union goes on a 21-2 run to end the period and take a 47-26 lead at the break. Union never let them get closer than 10 the rest of the way. SUNYIT is now 4-1. Funny how games play out. Union couldn't beat an 0-4 SUNY-Cobleskill(now 1-6 thanks to Union), but beats up an undefeated SUNYIT. I think after Saturday's games we might have a better idea of the teams in the mix for regional honors.