MBB: Northwest Conference

Started by The Show, March 06, 2005, 08:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

playball

Quote from: Keandre on March 04, 2014, 07:56:59 PM
Can we send Pincone some Karma points? Those two things will never get old with me either.
Does anyone have any idea how the leaguw will end up next year? If anyone right now, can pick the top 4 teams in league and be right this time next season, I will meet up with you and buy rounds of whatever you want (alcoholic or not) all night long!!!!!!!!!!

Whitworth, Whitman, L&C, and ugh, George Fox. 

Wiser's Whiskey and coke please and thank you.

As for my predictions that are way to early to actually be educated for next year....

1)WW squeaks out another championship
2)Whitman takes second in a tie breaker, beats WW at home loses on the road, etc.
3)L&C beats who they should and steal a couple they should've lost.
4)George Fox's guards carry them to 10-6 and fourth place finish
5) I still hate Fox and it pains me to put them in the playoffs
6)UPS splits with Whitman, loses one to Pacific and Linfield and finishes a game out of the playoffs.
7)Linfield picks up a quality big, but being a freshmen he struggles.  (Sophomore year for the kid will be better overall and will make playoffs)
8)PLU starts off ok (5-3) but then underwhelms to a 6-10 record
9) Pacific struggles as they always seem to have injury issues in Forest Grove (bad floor?)
10) Willamette beats Linfield in Salem for their only league win. 
11) Lunt still looks like Rumplestilskin when Greg Adrien blows a call in the second half of a close game
12) Lunt and Bridgeland fight each other in the first matchup spurring the second meetings home court fans to put on a faux wwe styled halftime show
13) Bridgeland shows that old man strength and wins the scuffle
14)2 NWC teams make the national tournament, will play each other in the second round (which stinks)

Thank you for taking note and I will revisit this at the end of next season!

A Buc Forever

Playball,

I like the detail and I agree with a lot of what you said, but I don't see it playing out that way:

#1.  Whitworth--they go from a guard dominated team to a bruising inside game.  Love stops loving the cheeseburgers and changes his body composition to 5% fat and knocks over anyone getting in his way. Valle hits the weights, ignores the pleas from the football coach to be his tight end, and dominates the high post like he's Ryan Symes. Farnsworth and Wilks play 20 minutes a game each and bet each game which one will make the opposing center cry.  It won't be pretty, but they will go 15-1.

#2  UPS--Lunt, who learned from the best coach in D3, evolves after watching every game film from the last 10 seasons of WW basketball so that his team is ready earlier in the season and plays more consistently.

#3 Fox--The new coach steps up the discipline so that shot selection and defense improves but not enough to get into the top 2.

#4 LC or WM--Their inconsistency bumps them way down the pecking order.  However, they are talented enough that it will be one of these teams that bumps off WW for their only regular season loss. 

Other predictions:

The combined win total at PLU and Willamette does not surpass the combined win total of their football teams.

Linfield--the new coach becomes besties with the football coach and they have a combined football/basketball offseason weightlifting program.  Linfield wins 12 games and D O.C. and Playball meet, have a beer together, and hug. 

The west side teams are going to whine about traveling to play in brutally cold Eastern Washington.  Actually, I will keep that on my list of predictions for the next 20 years.

Keandre

Rat, Playball, and Buc, drinks on me for just attempting to pick at this point and time. If any of you win, I will add a happy hour special for some hot wings as well.

Wiser's Whiskey and Coke's sound like winners to me.

Gray Fox

Will any of you be in Dallas tomorrow night?
Fierce When Roused

(509)Rat

I never finished my top 4...

Whitworth
Whitman
UPS
L&C

I'll even go ahead and say the finish will be in that order. Same order as this year.

I don't think any of the bottom 4 teams are in a position to move up. They may rearrange among themselves but no playoffs for Linfield, Willamette, PLU or Pacific. GF loses Atkins and Bolte plus they can't play defense or stop themselves from fouling, therefore graduation hits them harder than LC and UPS.

Unfortunately I will not be in Dallas this weekend. And I'm as bummed about it as you are fox!

Keandre

Watching the 3A state tournament in Tacoma, there are some serious players here.

madzillagd

Brutal way to lose that game for Trinity.  Got open on the broken play back door cut to get the tie and it's fumbled away.  Ouch.  Clutch shooting down the stretch by Whitworth. 

(509)Rat

Rainier Beach is once again the real deal...

Whitworth wins 75-73!

I don't care what blackhawks says about not winning championships, this never gets old. Another NCAA tourney, another win, another year this rat's team is still playing in March while you all wait for next year.

(509)Rat

Quote from: madzillagd on March 07, 2014, 07:46:20 PM
Brutal way to lose that game for Trinity.  Got open on the broken play back door cut to get the tie and it's fumbled away.  Ouch.  Clutch shooting down the stretch by Whitworth.

Lambert did unspeakable things to Farnsworth. Good job by Trinity coach to keep forcing that matchup and attacking. But Whitworth was the better team and squeaked one out in TX.

D O.C.

Gray Fox

Quote from: madzillagd on March 07, 2014, 07:46:20 PM
Good defense forced this error.  I was there in person.
Fierce When Roused

dahlby

Pullin' for 509's Rats tonight. Should be a very close game.

(509)Rat

(509)Rat

Whitworth up on UT-D 35-28 at the half

UT-D has some talented offensive players for sure, but I'm guessing Whitworth is the best team they've seen all season. If Whitworth can continue to limit the Comets in transition and rotate on defense like they did in the first half they will be in good shape and could even pull away in the 2nd half. I don't expect UT-D to let that happen though...

(509)Rat

Whitworth 57-44
8 min left