MBB: Midwest Conference

Started by siwash, February 10, 2005, 01:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory Sager

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on January 22, 2020, 11:56:24 AM
Quote from: Greek Tragedy on January 22, 2020, 10:42:13 AM
After opening the season with two losses, the Green Knights have rattled off 14 in a row. In those wins is an OT win over Oshkosh and a win over a good Eau Claire team that just beat my Pointers. They can win the MWC all they want and no one will bat an eye. They need to win in the NCAA tournament...on a semi-regular basis before anyone notices.

What's the capacity at the new gym?  With all the carnage across the CCIW and WIAC, we could see some hosting opportunities come SNC's way, right?  The SOS is solid.

SNC is halfway through their conference season. I'm guessing their SoS will continue to drop even if they keep winning.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on January 22, 2020, 12:29:29 PM
Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on January 22, 2020, 11:56:24 AM
After opening the season with two losses, the Green Knights have rattled off 14 in a row. In those wins is an OT win over Oshkosh and a win over a good Eau Claire team that just beat my Pointers. They can win the MWC all they want and no one will bat an eye. They need to win in the NCAA tournament...on a semi-regular basis before anyone notices.

What's the capacity at the new gym?  With all the carnage across the CCIW and WIAC, we could see some hosting opportunities come SNC's way, right?  The SOS is solid.

SNC is halfway through their conference season. I'm guessing their SoS will continue to drop even if they keep winning.

A bit, but not too much.  The MWC was .530 in the non-con, so they're starting from a pretty strong place.  If the rankings came out right now, they're probably third.  An Elmhurst loss or two might get them up to second.  That's hosting position for sure.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

gbpuckfan

Quote from: Gregory Sager on January 22, 2020, 12:24:15 PM
Mulva FF&SC has a 2,500 seating capacity, according to the St. Norbert website.

A) It's not really a "new" gym. Schuldes was remodeled, expanded, and renamed. But the gym space is largely the same.

B) It's not usually done, but there is space along the baselines for temporary bleachers. I believe those were used when SNC hosted the women's final four, and when it used to host high school playoffs. Converting that from standing room could add 100-300.
St. Norbert College Green Knights
NCAA D3 Hockey National Champions 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
Midwest Conf. football champs: 85, 87, 88, 89, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 07, 10, 12, 13, 15, 18

sncdangler

SNC has beaten Oshkosh and Eau Claire, both of which have beaten UWSP the first time around in the WIAC. I guess the Knights are more noticeable so far this season than the Pointers.

Greek Tragedy

If you want to hang your hat on that, go ahead, but that's not saying much. Point wasn't supposed to be very good anyway, missing out on last year's tournament and being picked 4th in the WIAC preseason poll. You basically just repeated what I said about SNC beating Oshkosh and Eau Claire, both of whom beat Point.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

sncdangler

Strange doings in DePere today...St. Norbert couldn't hit water if they went out the backdoor of their gym and threw a ball at the Fox River and consequently got clobbered by Ripon. Then the Ripon women, who hadn't lost in the league yet either, get bumped off by the Green Knights. That's why they play the games.

Greek Tragedy

How bad is the MWC or how good is Monmouth that they are able to be 8-2 (13-4) and a game back of SNC without Will Carius?
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on January 29, 2020, 01:59:47 PM
How bad is the MWC or how good is Monmouth that they are able to be 8-2 (13-4) and a game back of SNC without Will Carius?

I watched their first game without him and there were sparks of quality.  I watched a bit the other night and they've definitely improved.  I imagine they were always a bit more than a one man team.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Greek Tragedy

There was definitely an adjustment period. I think hey lost their first four after his injury. They obviously figured out how to play without him. Look at Wheaton in the CCIW. They are surprising some people without Francis.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

gbpuckfan

I know it's a women's story but thought some here might be interested in update on a Ripon players health.

https://fox11online.com/sports/college/kassidy-walters-playing-basketball-again-for-ripon-a-year-after-chemotherapy
Midwest Conf. football champs: 85, 87, 88, 89, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 07, 10, 12, 13, 15, 18

gbpuckfan

SNC beats Grinnell 109-79. Lowest point total of the year for the Pioneers, who shot 3-19 from 3 in the first half. 

judgetrainer

Why they play the games...Went to the Alex on Friday night to watch what I thought would be a Viking win over Cornell. Oy. Flat, lethargic, and disinterested resulted in a Cornell win. Women played quite well but I did not expect a win there anyway.

Ok, fine, I will go back on Saturday to support the teams. Monmouth will kill the men, and God help the women after Monmouth beat Ripon by 23 the night before. Huh. Lawrence men beat Monmouth (how does that happen?) and the women hung with Monmouth until the last few minutes.

Strange game.

sncdangler

Anyone hear any truth to a rumor I heard that Ripon may follow St. Norbert out the door and join the NACC?

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: sncdangler on February 07, 2020, 03:13:06 PM
Anyone hear any truth to a rumor I heard that Ripon may follow St. Norbert out the door and join the NACC?

That would keep them at an even number, possibly split them into two divisions.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!