BB: Regionals (South) Danville '08, Salisbury '09, Methodist '10, Rhodes '11

Started by A.G., May 10, 2008, 07:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Wally

Error on Sidearm Stats - they said the pitcher fielded the bunt.

7-0....looks like I picked the right inning to make a "look in."

Now 8-0 at the end of four.....back to work!

Hound Dog

If I were in the CNU dugout, I'd be beating those bats against the wall to wake them up.  3 outs to go in your season fellas.

CafeBordeaux

Here's a new topic, how terrible is this video announcer from Rhodes?   He needs a color commentator to help him out.  

Will2Win

Quote from: CafeBordeaux on May 19, 2011, 03:22:49 PM
Here's a new topic, how terrible is this video announcer from Rhodes?   He needs a color commentator to help him out.  

Who cares....CNU's season is almost over  8-) ;D :D

macdade77

Not really surprising to me that Wabash is on the brink of defeating CNU. The NCAC is stronger than many on this site care to believe. The NCAC had a winning record this season against the highly touted OAC. Also, I read on here that CNU had a 25 day layoff from the conference tourney to the regional. Last year Woo scored 42 runs in the NCAC tourney and then had 18 days until the ME regional. We were flat and listless and out in two. It happens!!!!

Will2Win

Quote from: macdade77 on May 19, 2011, 03:33:00 PM
Not really surprising to me that Wabash is on the brink of defeating CNU. The NCAC is stronger than many on this site care to believe. The NCAC had a winning record this season against the highly touted OAC. Also, I read on here that CNU had a 25 day layoff from the conference tourney to the regional. Last year Woo scored 42 runs in the NCAC tourney and then had 18 days until the ME regional. We were flat and listless and out in two. It happens!!!!

Shenandoah's dealt with the same exact layoff the last two years...didnt seem to hurt them the previous two seasons...

CafeBordeaux

Your exactly right, and I LOVE IT!!!!!    All you CNU fans who talk smack all year, when it comes time to play baseball, your Captains NEVER show up.  We took care of you in 09 in Salisbury, you were DEMORALIZED last year by us, and yes, you did get the best of us in conf tourny this year, but you can have your USA South championship cause this CNU team will be talked about as the biggest disappointment of the South Region, and all other Regions for a longggggggg time.  Congrats on your conf championship, and also on your 2 and out of the South Region.  All I have to say is when it comes time to play ball, Shenandoah shows up, CNU doesn't.  You can have your USA South championship ring, Shenandoah has 2 Regional Championship trophies, one of those is courtesy of your Captains.  

Bishopleftiesdad

Glad to see Webster and Wabash were not 2 and done. Makes for good baseball.

BigPoppa

Quote from: CafeBordeaux on May 19, 2011, 03:37:01 PM
Your exactly right, and I LOVE IT!!!!!    All you CNU fans who talk smack all year, when it comes time to play baseball, your Captains NEVER show up.  We took care of you in 09 in Salisbury, you were DEMORALIZED last year by us, and yes, you did get the best of us in conf tourny this year, but you can have your USA South championship cause this CNU team will be talked about as the biggest disappointment of the South Region, and all other Regions for a longggggggg time.  Congrats on your conf championship, and also on your 2 and out of the South Region.  All I have to say is when it comes time to play ball, Shenandoah shows up, CNU doesn't.  You can have your USA South championship ring, Shenandoah has 2 Regional Championship trophies, one of those is courtesy of your Captains.  

WOW! Way to stay classy. And I am certain that your anti-CNU rant makes your Shenandoah alums proud. You should be cheering for teams in your conference to do well as it helps your conference appear stronger in the eyes of the committee when selections are awarded.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

CafeBordeaux

Shenandoah comes to play ball, I don't want to hear ANYTHING about excuses cause I was on both teams from SU that went to Appleton and we had a 3 week lay off and all we did was come out and NOT LOSE A GAME in the region tournament either year.  A lay off should not matter, when a World Series berth is on the line, you come out ready to play, no matter the lay off.   Just goes to show you how well prepared Shenandoah is by Head Coach Kevin Anderson.  Oh and those of you who were knocking Coach Anderson about his "tactitcs" at CNU, I don't care what that man did, he wins and you can NOT deny that.  John Harvell is booking his teams plane tickets home, and SU is in the driver's seat for a 3rd straight South Region title.  

CafeBordeaux

I could NOT care less about my remarks BigPoppa.  You don't cheer for a conference foe when you are in the same region as them.  That is the most asinine thing I've ever heard.  Yea cause I'm sure North Carolina fans cheer for Duke to make it to the Final Four when they are both fighting for a National Championship.  Good post. 

CafeBordeaux

Oh and those "SU alum" you speak of ALL know who I am and I KNOW I have their support in what I say.  All the defending that CNU gets when they don't play well or lose is nonsense.  I don't want to hear anything about a lay off, you either come to play or you don't, and obviously CNU didn't.  Best of luck next year.  The SU alum feel the same way that I do about CNU and seeing them go 2 and out.  It's almost as good a feeling as winning the Region itself... wait, no it's not, but CNU wouldn't know about that from recent years. 

vabaseball

Time and again, the only smacked being talked on this USA South board is by Shenandoah fans such as Cafe Bordeaux. Maybe your team will do well in this tourney, but you, my "friend", have zero class.

PNeal7

Welp, CNU goes 2 and out in Regionals. They certainly had an amazing season/run, and they just picked the wrong time to be sluggish. Either way, great season boys.

AND....although SU will say "we got farther," CNU did take 3 out of 4 from them  ;)

Will2Win

I'm pretty sure not all SU fans are on here "talking trash"...but if I recall some CNU guys were pretty rowdy on here about that good ole USAS Conf tourney a few weeks back. CNU has had their fair share of SU bashing this season, this isn't a one way street where that's concerned...I'm not saying classless is the way to go at all, but don't act like it's all SU here...CNUs right there as well (I'm sure you don't need to be reminded of some recent actions by the CNU faithful)

CafeB...you are coming across a lil strong in regards to all this CNU situation (although I know how heated things can get between the two schools). We better hope the Hornets hold up their end of the deal tonight and tomorrow or we may be booking our flights as well.

Like the passion though Lefty...lol