York (Pa.)

Undefeated vs D3 only   (with losses to non-D3)  No one left

WINLESS  (5)
Elms
FDU-Florham
Goucher
La Verne
Otterbein

Winless vs D3 only  (with wins vs non-D3) (1)
Rivier

In 2017, on Jan 20 the list looked like this:

Undefeated : (1)
Whitman

Winless : (3)
Pitt-Greensburg
Kean
Washington & Jefferson

Undefeated vs D3 only : (1)
Claremont-Mudd-Scripps

Winless vs D3 only: (3)
Clarks Summiit
Rivier
Maranatha Baptist

The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

Mr. Ypsi

Hamilton is going to take their first loss today.  With under 4 to go, Amherst is up by 26!

John Gleich

No. 4 York (Pa.)    57    Mary Washington    59    Final
UWSP Men's Basketball

National Champions: 2015, 2010, 2005, 2004

NCAA appearances: 2018, '15, '14, '13, '12, '11, '10, '09, '08, '07, '05, '04, '03, '00, 1997

WIAC/WSUC Champs: 2015, '14, '13, '11, '09, '07, '05, '03, '02, '01, '00, 1993, '92, '87, '86, '85, '84, '83, '82, '69, '61, '57, '48, '42, '37, '36, '35, '33, '18

Twitter: @JohnGleich

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Mr. Ypsi

Tough day to be an undefeated team! 8-)

hopefan

Quote from: hopefan on January 20, 2018, 10:01:26 AM
Many more remaining teams this year on Jan. 20 than last year on the same day:

Current year Jan 20, 2018

UNDEFEATED  (5)
Hamilton
Pfeiffer
Whitman
Wittenberg
York (Pa.)

WOW... no sooner said, than DONE

1/20/18  3 disappear from undefeated list..... only Whitman and Wittenberg remain

York Pa loses to Mary Washington (who was 11-5)  by a score of  59-57

Hamilton loses to Amherst (who was  9-6)  by a score of  75-49

Pfeiffer loses to Covenant (who was  7-7)  by a score of  105-101

No change to our loser's group... each of the 5 played, each of the 5 lost by double digits... as did Rivier

hopefan

In one night    1/24/18  we lose 2 from our winless list

Elms wins for the first time.... over Lesley   66-62

AND

FDU-Florham wins too... over Manhattanville   62-54

Our lists are reduced to:

UNDEFEATED  (2)
Whitman
Wittenberg

Undefeated vs D3 only   (with losses to non-D3)  No one left

WINLESS  (3)
Goucher
La Verne
Otterbein

Winless vs D3 only  (with wins vs non-D3) (1)
Rivier

sac

I'm thinking Otterbein is going to make it.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Not sure about the other divisions, but Goucher is the only one in DIII who has two winless programs...

We will remember this year fondly when they turn it around.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Caz Bombers

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on January 25, 2018, 10:56:59 AM
Not sure about the other divisions, but Goucher is the only one in DIII who has two winless programs...

Ouch! I'm not sure about undefeated/winless against D3 opponents, but it looks like the remaining WBB totally winless are Goucher, Bay Path, Bard, Mount Holyoke, NJCU, Medgar Evers, Anderson and Rivier (men 0-for-D3 too, eeep).

sac

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on January 25, 2018, 10:56:59 AM

D1  Miss Valley St is 0-20  on the men's side, 0-19 on the women's side.

Miss Valley St is the only O'fer team in D1 and D2 in men's basketball.

smedindy

Quote from: Caz Bombers on January 25, 2018, 11:35:15 AM

Ouch! I'm not sure about undefeated/winless against D3 opponents, but it looks like the remaining WBB totally winless are Goucher, Bay Path, Bard, Mount Holyoke, NJCU, Medgar Evers, Anderson and Rivier (men 0-for-D3 too, eeep).

NJCU cleaned house, I believe, after their *issues*. Of the 11 listed on the box score after the incident with Yorkny, only four remain. They must have done a all-campus call-out. Several of the numbers had to be re-used. What a mess.

Franciscan's women are 'defeated' as well.

augie77

Any thoughts on how a perennial losing program can turn it around, beyond "getting better players" (easier said than done)?  If you're a newly hired athletic director or coach, how do you proceed?

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: smedindy on January 25, 2018, 02:00:16 PM
Quote from: Caz Bombers on January 25, 2018, 11:35:15 AM

NJCU cleaned house, I believe, after their *issues*. Of the 11 listed on the box score after the incident with Yorkny, only four remain. They must have done a all-campus call-out. Several of the numbers had to be re-used. What a mess.

Yes... basically cleaned house after their fighting incident. A number of players were suspended from what I heard and we know about the coaching staff.

Quote from: augie77 on January 25, 2018, 02:09:52 PM
Any thoughts on how a perennial losing program can turn it around, beyond "getting better players" (easier said than done)?  If you're a newly hired athletic director or coach, how do you proceed?

All depends on the program, department, institution, etc.

At my alma mater, the women's program has a new coach this season (and a lot of bad luck). The men's coach is in just his third season and told some experienced guys not to come back this season - they weren't helping change the culture.

The most important part... have patience and time after major decisions like new coaching staffs.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

sac

Otterbein beats Heidelberg for their first win  78-69