2019 NCAA Tournament

Started by Greek Tragedy, October 06, 2018, 10:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

We talked about tickets and such with Nathan Dennison on Hoopsville Thursday. Plenty of good info in our chat: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2019/mar7

And fees online for tickets are basically SOP. Salem has them as well since they use TicketMaster.

Head's up ... there is a six-dollar per-day fee for parking in Fort Wayne. Again, in the podcast it is mentioned.

And where you sit is being done a little differently this year. Basically, throw out what you remember in Salem ... it may not be the same this time around. Dennison's interview touches on it.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

CNU85

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on March 11, 2019, 03:37:44 PM
We talked about tickets and such with Nathan Dennison on Hoopsville Thursday. Plenty of good info in our chat: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2019/mar7

And fees online for tickets are basically SOP. Salem has them as well since they use TicketMaster.

Head's up ... there is a six-dollar per-day fee for parking in Fort Wayne. Again, in the podcast it is mentioned.

And where you sit is being done a little differently this year. Basically, throw out what you remember in Salem ... it may not be the same this time around. Dennison's interview touches on it.

Thanks for the info D-Mac! I'm making plans now.

Wooster Booster

Two years ago, Ohio Dominican hosted the DII women's national championships.  I was thinking of going to see the eventual champion, Ashland University, play.  However, ODU's online tournament ticket website forced prospective purchasers to set up an account (name, address, phone, credit card info) BEFORE revealing the setup and prices of the tickets!  I considered this to be ridiculous and stayed away.  I guess others did not, as they are hosting again this year.

GoPerry

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on March 11, 2019, 03:37:44 PM

It's killing me that I can't get to Fort Wayne this weekend. Out of town. Do we have any idea yet when CBS network will be broadcasting?   Or do I have to set the DVR to basically tape the entire 2 days?  Maybe even Sunday?

Greek Tragedy

I was thinking of coming up with a place and time to meet up with fellow posters. A late night meal after the 2nd game on Friday or a lunch time meet before the All-Star game on Saturday...
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

ronk

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on March 12, 2019, 12:12:56 PM
I was thinking of coming up with a place and time to meet up with fellow posters. A late night meal after the 2nd game on Friday or a lunch time meet before the All-Star game on Saturday...

Good thought, Greek, but I'll be in Salem for the women's Final 4; maybe next year when the Scranton men may return to the Final 4.  ;)

deiscanton

From what I have seen from the TV listings, CBS Sports Network will show the men's DIII basketball title game on tape delay at approx 11 PM Eastern on Saturday March 16.  CBS Sports Network has obligations to do live broadcasts of the Conference USA women's and men's title games on Saturday evening -- these games wil be playing at the same time as the DIII men's championship game.

It is unclear at this time whether a live video stream will be on ncaa.com Saturday at 7 PM Eastern.

FCGrizzliesGrad

A little fun fact... this year's host institution is Manchester. The last time the title wasn't decided in Salem was back in 1995 when UW-Platteville won the title over... Manchester 69-55.
Some names people outside the D3 world may have heard of were on the sidelines with Bo Ryan coaching Platteville and Steve Alford coaching Manchester. According to Wikipedia on Alford's page... "The loss to Bo Ryan's University of Wisconsin-Platteville team marked the only title game in NCAA history matching two undefeated squads." which if true is quite interesting.
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

Gregory Sager

It's true. The '95 title matchup was the only unbeaten-vs.-unbeaten national championship game in D3 history.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

CNU85

That would be cool. some ideas....There is an Italian place right across the street. Casa Ristorante. However...per the Fort Wayne page, that is the gathering spot for CNU faithful. There is a Ruby Tuesday across the street (but everyone has one of those).  Or...8/10 mile away is Granite City Food and Brewery.

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: CNU85 on March 12, 2019, 02:46:08 PM

That would be cool. some ideas....There is an Italian place right across the street. Casa Ristorante. However...per the Fort Wayne page, that is the gathering spot for CNU faithful. There is a Ruby Tuesday across the street (but everyone has one of those).  Or...8/10 mile away is Granite City Food and Brewery.

What's this page you talk of? Is there an unofficial place for all the teams?
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Greek Tragedy

Listening to Hoopsville now...

https://www.visitfortwayne.com/event/ncaa-division-iii-mens-basketball-championships/21400/

For the first time, the NCAA Division III Men's Basketball National Championship comes to Fort Wayne at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum. The event is hosted by Manchester University and Visit Fort Wayne. The tournament is a 61-team single-elimination tourney, with teams advancing from four regionals, to the semifinals and finals in Fort Wayne.

Friday, March 15: Semifinals at 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. (30 minutes following the conclusion of the first semifinal)
Saturday, March 16: NABC Reese's D3 All Star Game at 4:30 p.m., and Championship Finals at 7:00 p.m.

The best sources of information for NCAA D3 Basketball are www.d3hoops.com and www.d3hoopsville.com.
Ticket prices:
All session tickets (both days):  $26 adults, $16 students/seniors/military, 5 and under is FREE
Single session tickets (one day):  $15.50 adults, $10.50 students/seniors/military, 5 and under is FREE
Groups (10 or more):
All session tickets (both days):  $21 adults, $11 students/seniors/military
Single session tickets (one day):  $13.50 adults, $8.50 students/seniors/military

PARKING
CASH ONLY & SINGLE ENTRY
$6 MAIN LOT; $10 PREFERRED LOT; $18 BUS/RV

Really? Come on Fort Wayne...
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Per broadcasts ... CBS will show the championship on tape-delay, however ... there is still an obligation that the title game be shown LIVE online. As noted a few times on Hoopsville (to steal Greek's comment: come on, people!) ... who is doing that is still up in the air best I can tell. One option is that CBS will show their production, live, online and then show it again on TV on tape delay (and most likely delayed past 11pm to be honest). The other option is that NCAA.com (Tupelo-Raycom) will show the title game, live, online (featuring Brendan Gulick and myself who will be doing the semifinals and All-Star Game as well).

Either way ... the title game will be shown live ... online
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

WUPHF

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on March 12, 2019, 04:01:17 PM

PARKING
CASH ONLY & SINGLE ENTRY
$6 MAIN LOT; $10 PREFERRED LOT; $18 BUS/RV[/i]

Really? Come on Fort Wayne...

Not to mention, they have a Tim Horton's coffee in the coliseum. Blech!

The idea of a parking lot and an upgraded lot is a little crazy.

Greek Tragedy

Parking might get a little crazy as they have some... let's say, inconvenient scheduling. Apparently they have a Monster Truck Jam at the same time. Too bad, I would've loved to take my kid there and then the championship game.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!