New England Collegiate Conference (NECC)

Started by d3bballinboston, May 31, 2007, 06:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

Is there a need to make "retarded" references?
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

asu50

What are you guys think abouth the preseason rankings at NECC?

1-Elms, 72(8)
2-Becker, 60
3-Daniel Webster, 56
4-Wheelock, 48
5-Mitchell, 38
6-Southern Vermont, 31
7-Lesley, 25
8-Newbury, 22

I think top 4 teams will remain the same with few changes in standings. I think Elms is the team to beat w/o question, then Becker, D. Webster, and Wheelock are pretty similar and will compete to get that 2nd spot and 1st round by at conf tournay and perhaps one of them might beat Elms this year! Mittchell and St. Vermont will push to get their spots in conf tournay and they still have a chance to shake the top 4 out and sneak in there to host a conf tournament game. For Lesley and Newbury, I think it will be another tough year for them this year.

Hugenerd

Wheelock has been the most impressive team to date out of the NECC.  They won the UMD tourney, beating Springfield and UNE (who beat UMD).  They are at 4-0 and look poised to go 10-1 in their first 11.

Becker is currently 1-3, so they dont seem to be on track yet.  I think Wheelock is under-ranked, they could push Elms for that top spot.  The others look about right.

BornBalla

I wouldn't sleep on Becker. Still think they will be a player in the NECC.

Wheelock's start is great overall for the NECC. Not taking anything from them but their wins are against average at best teams.I know UNE beat UMD but play that game 9 more times and I think UMD wins. Wentworth, Springfield, and Emmanuel on paper are thought to better because of "better leagues" and facilities but seems like none are anything special. I can't wait to see how they do over next few games. By the way, I heard Wheelock doesn't have a gym. Where do they play home games? I saw they play a late season league game vs Newbury at Simmons.

Anyone see Elms play this year? What do they look like? Saw their roster and looks like they lost 6-7 guys from last year. Some of the new guys are playing(3 or 4). How Daniel webster anyone see them?

leelowlang

NECC First Semester All-Conference Team
Sure this'll bug somebody...just one basketball junkie's opinion.

First Team:
Sherard Robbins – 6'5", Sr., F, Wheelock – 16.3 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 91% FT, 1.4 bpg
Juan Maldonado – 5'4", Sr., G, Elms – 19.4 ppg, 3.6 apg, 90% FT, 2.5 spg, 48% 3FG
Javon Mathis – 6'5", Sr., F, Elms – 15 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 62% FG, 67% FT
Max Kaim – 5'9", So., G, Wheelock – 13.1 ppg, 55% FG, 3 apg, 3.3 spg
Rajai Leggett – 6'1", Jr., F, Becker – 18.9 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 48% FG, 61% FT, 1.5 spg

Second Team:
Terrance Favors – 6'3", So., G/F, Becker – 15.5 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 4.3 apg, 59% FT, 0.8 bpg
Lance Spratling – 6'2", Jr., G, Southern Vermont – 21.7 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 48% FG, 3.7 apg, 1.4 spg, 0.9 bpg
Jesus Trejo – 6'8", Jr., C, Lesley – 15 ppg, 11.1 rpg, 61% FG, 1.3 bpg
Chris Hanson – 6'2", Jr., G, Daniel Webster – 21.6 ppg, 5 rpg, 36% 3FG
Joe Karnik – 6'6", Sr., F, Southern Vermont – 18.6 ppg, 11.3 rpg, 48% FG, 1.3 spg, 0.6 bpg

Player of the Semester:
Sherard Robbins – 6'5", Sr., F, Wheelock – 16.3 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 91% FT, 1.4 bpg

Newcomer of the Semester:
Timothy Young – 5'10", Fr., G, Newbury – 18.1 ppg, 41% 3FG

Coach of the Semester:
John Preziosa, Wheelock

dewcrew88

I would cast a vote for derrick cenicola from SVC for freshman of the year. Guy is third on the mountaineers in ppg and is helping to run the offense. He scored 26 against mitchell a couple weeks ago.

asu50

conference games are started.. Elms and Wheelock both had great starts.. Elms cruise thru Newbury easily but no-one really expexted Wheelock to win by huge margin..Wheelock is improved alot and showing lots of intensity to be in top 2... since the loss of Jenel Russell, Mitchell is struggling..it seems like if they dont get him soon it will be a very tough season for Mitchell..

also, gotta give Lesley a credit as well.. They got the win aganist D.Webster and suprised alot of people around the league.. Behind their big man Trejo, they will be a playoff contender.. Tough loss for D.Webster tho... SVU's Spratling had very strong game with 34 points but they fell short aganist Becker..

top 4 teams in the current standings are facing each other on Tuesday the 12th.. Elms hosting Lesley and Wheelock hosting Becker..so there will be only 2 undefeateds left on Tuesday night.. while Mitchell is hosting Newbury to keep their playoff hopes alive..

asu50

Becker (3-0) won over Preseason #1 pick Elms (2-1) in front of their home crowd and got the #1 seed in the standings..

Wheelock (2-1) won over Southern Vermont (1-2) in a very close one by 2 points and hold off the #2 seed..

Newbury (2-1) got the W at home vs Lesley (1-2) and get a seeding in the winning column..

This weeks suprise was Mitchell (1-3) winning over D. Webster (0-2) and getting their 1st conference win this year..

This week's schedule somehow will shape up the top 3-4 spots in the conference... This week's most exacting game will be played between Elms and Wheelock..

Ralph Turner

Regis College to join NECC

Regis College (Massachusetts) on Monday accepted an invitation to become the 10th member of the New England Collegiate Conference at the close of the 2010-11 academic year.

Regis, presently a member of the Commonwealth Coast Conference, sponsors seven men's sports and 10 for women. The Pride will compete in all NECC sports except baseball.

T990

Since the NECC does not sponsor Mens Lacrosse, does anyone know what will happen to the Regis' mens lax team?  Will they compete in the Pilgrim Lacrosse League (with Mass Maritime and the NEWMAC schools)?

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: T990 on July 26, 2010, 12:06:38 AM
Since the NECC does not sponsor Mens Lacrosse, does anyone know what will happen to the Regis' mens lax team?  Will they compete in the Pilgrim Lacrosse League (with Mass Maritime and the NEWMAC schools)?

The New CCC or whatever it will be called currently only has six schools offering Men's Lacrosse.  I imagine, unless Nichols, Curry, or WIT is picking it up, they'll be looking for an affiliate school to qualify for an AQ.  Regis may fit what they're looking for.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

T990

Nichols, Curry, and Wentworth all have established Mens Lacrosse programs.

Bill Gorman

Quote from: Hoops Fan on July 27, 2010, 10:37:24 AMThe New CCC or whatever it will be called currently only has six schools offering Men's Lacrosse.  I imagine, unless Nichols, Curry, or WIT is picking it up, they'll be looking for an affiliate school to qualify for an AQ.  Regis may fit what they're looking for.
All nine of the schools who will be forming the new league sponsor men's lacrosse.
Bill Gorman
Associate AD/SID
Wentworth Institute of Technology

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Sorry, it didn't seem right - I must have looked at the wrong column on the chart.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Yeah, I was looking at M-XC.  I apologize.