Quote from: wingtips2 on November 11, 2014, 12:37:43 PM
Quote from: Letthekidsplay59 on November 10, 2014, 02:52:39 PM
Let's Literally Go.

Final Four Prediction:

Brandeis
Chicago
Messiah
Emory
I'm going to predict that 3 of your choices do not make it - the UAA has underachieved for years and they are not getting three of the final 4.

Two have made the final four in the last 30 years.    I forget the Elite 8 numbers, but I think we're only talking about 5 or 6 in the last 15 years.   

Emory might not even get by Covenant... 

Can't see Chicago getting passed UWW or Wheaton

Brandeis/Rochester pod is just a crapshoot...  Hard to see one of the reach the final 4, but that's the UAAs best bet to reach it.

Lastguy, you are spot on . The UAA is over-rated, every year they are gifted multiple teams into the tournament and every year they bow out early. At least this year they only got 3 teams in, as opposed to previous years when its been 4 or 5 teams.

I think Chicago is going to struggle to get past Wartburg, and may never even see UWW/Wheaton...Wartburg looks very strong this year, and IMHO are the favorite to win that 4 team grouping.

Soccergeek

My "bid" to predict the Final Four and Champion:

Final Four
F&M
Messiah
Calvin
Trinity

Semis
Trinity over Calvin (2-1)
Messiah over F&M (3-1)

Championship
Messiah over Trinity (1-0)

PaulNewman

Quote from: 1970s NESCAC Player on November 11, 2014, 12:55:32 PM
20+ Club

Messiah (25)
Babson (23) -- this surprised me

NCAC, perhaps you are too young, but Babo was the original D3 soccer powerhouse . . .  Their tradition has endured.

Not doing one's homework always gets someone in trouble.  So I see Babson won in '75, '79, '80.  Those were my high school and soph and junior college years.  That's a long, long time ago, so "too young" is appreciated at this point I guess.

I had also forgotten that Kenyon not only had hosted before but actually hosted a Final Four in '96 when they lost the final to TCNJ in 4 OTs.

Christan Shirk

Quote from: Mr.Right on November 11, 2014, 11:08:31 AM
Oneonta St bracket-------Pool C Paradise
Messiah bracket----------14v1
Kenyon bracket-----------Who is my #1 seed?
Wheaton bracket----------How did I get placed here and why am I playing this team

Very well done.  I like it . . . a lot!  But may be a little too "unconventional" to use on the website.
Christan Shirk
Special Consultant and Advisor
D3soccer.com

Christan Shirk

Quote from: NCAC New England on November 11, 2014, 10:32:41 AM
Looks almost impossible...go by numbers (Quadrant 1, Quadrant 2, etc or by name of top seed...Messiah Bracket, etc)...OR

New England/New York
Northeast
Mideast or Midwest/Southeast
West or West/North
Quote from: NCAC New England on November 11, 2014, 10:47:00 AM
For the women...

Mid-Atlantic
Midwest
Mideast
Northeast (or New England)

An alternative to the using names of top seeds suggestion would be to use the region of the top seeds as the name...

Back in the old days the NCAA bball tournament used to be East, Mideast, Midwest and West Regionals (and maybe it's still like that)
Mideast? Mmmm.  Might have to use that.  I used "Transcontinental" one year to cover a quadrant that had a broad geographic mix.

Here is what I was coming up with before looking at the responses here . . .

MEN
Oneonta-F&M-Brandeis-St. Lawrence (top left): ATLANTIC or NORTHEAST
Wheaton (Ill.)-Wartburg-Loras-Trinity (bottom left): MIDWEST or CENTRAL
Messiah-Cortland-Wheaton (Mass.)-Muhlenberg (top right): NORTHEAST OR ATLANTIC
Kenyon-Calvin-Emory-Chris. Newport (bottom right): ??????

WOMEN
Messiah-Nazareth-Lynchburg-Montclair St. (top left): MID-ATLANTIC or EAST
Wheaton (Ill.)-Chicago-Washington U-Lake Forest (bottom left): MIDWEST or CENTRAL
Carnegie Mellon-Johns Hopkins-Trinity (tx.)-Thomas More (top right): ??????
Williams-MIT-William Smith-Misericordia (bottom right): NORTHEAST OR NEW ENGLAND
Christan Shirk
D3soccer.com

PaulNewman

A good poll would be pick the best potential 2nd round game out of these blockbusters....

Rochester/Salisbury vs F&M

Amherst vs SLU

Dickinson/Tufts vs Wheaton

OWU vs Calvin

Emory vs Whitworth

Montclair vs CNU

For me the most titanic are OWU/Calvin, Amherst/SLU and Montclair/CNU

This tournament is going to be great!

Flying Weasel

Quote from: lastguyoffthebench on November 11, 2014, 11:34:40 AMYou would think the ECAC regions would have an ultimate winner after all is said and done...  It is comprised of 3 regions, so their should be a final weekend with the New England, Metro/Upstate, and South winner (1 wild card perhaps)...  OR just get another region together somewhere in the Midwest/West

Metro/Upstate
No. 8 The Sage Colleges (9-7-1) at No. 1 Rutgers University-Camden (13-8-1), 6:00 p.m.
No. 7 Alfred University (9-7-3) at No. 2 Drew University (9-5-6), 6:00 p.m.
No. 6 Centenary College (12-7-1) at No. 3 Richard Stockton College (11-5-5), 7:30 p.m.
No. 5 William Paterson (9-8-2) at No. 4 New York University (11-6), 7:00 p.m

Can see a Stockton vs Camden final here.

New England Region
No. 8 Lesley University (10-6) at No. 1 Norwich University (13-6)
No. 7 Elms College (9-8) at No. 2 Endicott College (9-7)
No. 6 Curry College (10-9) at No. 3 Bridgewater State University (10-8)
No. 5 Albertus Magnus College (11-6) at No. 4 Colby Sawyer College (11-6)

I guess none of the NESCAC teams applied for this...  No exciting matchups on this slate.

South
No. 8 Cabrini (13-7-0) at No. 1 Penn State Harrisburg (12-5-1)
No. 7 Widener (10-6-1) at No. 2 Grove City College (12-5-1)
No. 6 Marywood (10-4-4) at No. 3 Misericordia (12-6-2)
No. 5 Swarthmore (9-6-3) at No. 4 Alvernia (11-6-2)

How does Swat get placed as a 5 seed?  Cabrini the 8th seed that ruined Camden's season, but won't beat PSU-H.   Swat should take this one down.   Haven't seen Miseri this year, but they went to PKs with MSU last year in the dance...   How long ago was it when Grove City tied Messiah? 

Is there another organization within the NCAA for the teams out in Midwest/West?

I'd be happy with a Kzoo, Camden, RPI, John Carroll, Wesleyan or Middlebury, Centre, UW-O, Haverford, Luther, and Elmhurst as well in the mix.     7 v 10,  8 v 9 as a play in.

I know some people and coaches poo-poo a runners-up tournament, and I completely get why an relatively strong established program might take a pass in the odd year they miss the NCAA's, but I like to see upstarts and wanna-be upstarts play in the ECAC's.  It gives your players a couple more do-or-die, win-or-go-home games against decent competition to add to their experience they will carry into next season and it has served some coaches very well in building up their program.  I think Rutgers-Camden is one example of that, if I'm not mistaken.  And without being able to recall at the moment, I think other ECAC champions have then gone on to get into the NCAA's the next year.  For a up-and-coming team, seems to me there's something to be gained and nothing to lose as long as you can approach it the right way and keep your players focused and serious.  And if you can't manage that, either you or your squad might not have what it takes to make the step up to the next level.  I think this is an awesome opportunity for PSU-Harrisburg, for example.  Alvernia had high number of seniors starting, so maybe not as useful for them, but still benefits the underclassmen. Why wouldn't Lycoming participate?  Their squad is on the younger side if I recall, and this could have been good for them.

PaulNewman

BTW, the ref should step in and stop the current poll contest.  John Carroll is winning in a landslide.

Christan Shirk

Quote from: NCAC New England on November 11, 2014, 04:47:20 PM
A good poll would be pick the best potential 2nd round game out of these blockbusters....

Rochester/Salisbury vs F&M

Amherst vs SLU

Dickinson/Tufts vs Wheaton

OWU vs Calvin

Emory vs Whitworth

Montclair vs CNU

For me the most titanic are OWU/Calvin, Amherst/SLU and Montclair/CNU

This tournament is going to be great!

I might use that!  And the rest of this year and next year, if you ever have suggestions, let me know. I'd love to change the pools more quickly, but to be perfectly honest, it's not the highest priority and sometimes I just am plumb out of ideas.  So I'm always open to suggestions.
Christan Shirk
D3soccer.com

Flying Weasel

Quote from: NCAC New England on November 11, 2014, 05:04:40 PM
BTW, the ref should step in and stop the current poll contest.  John Carroll is winning in a landslide.
It would have been more lopsided if the poll had been about which team that got in least deserved it, don't you think?  We would have found out how many Texas-Dallas fans, players, and family visit our website!

PaulNewman

Hey, the polls are always great.  You do a great job with them.  Occasionally they are up a day or two too long, but nothing to complain about.

PaulNewman

Quote from: Flying Weasel on November 11, 2014, 05:12:48 PM
Quote from: NCAC New England on November 11, 2014, 05:04:40 PM
It would have been more lopsided if the poll had been about which team that got in least deserved it, don't you think?  We would have found out how many Texas-Dallas fans, players, and family visit our website!

I actually think there would have been a better distribution... among Tex-Dallas, Dominican, North Park, Salisbury, Rochester and Brockport, with the first 3 dominating the votes....but of course now that all of them are in most of them are being predicted to do some damage.

Ron Boerger

Interesting ... the Texas sub-bracket originally had Trinity-UTD and HSU-Pomona in the first round; per a tweet from Trinity (and confirmed at the UT-D athletics site) that has been changed to UTD-Pomona (first game, 5:00pm Saturday) and Trinity-HSU (7:30 Sat) with the winners meeting Sunday at 5:00pm.

Mr.Right

I am betting Trinity is the actual home team but could not host due to women or something else. In 2009 Williams was the higher seed but still had to travel to RPI and play there in the 1st round because of their women hosting even though they have 2 fields. The committee screwed it up and thought they only had one. Williams played the weakest side in the pod Husson while RPI played ECONN. When RPI and Williams met the next day, Williams was the home team on RPI's turf field.

Mr.Right

Nescac teams have been banned from the ECAC's since 2000. If you are not good enough for the NCAA's then your season is over. Why waste academic time for and 2nd tier tournament I can imagine the school Presidents saying. In 1993 Nescac teams were allowed to compete in the NCAA's and ECAC's but when the leauge was formed into an actual playing league in 2000 the Presidents said good bye to the ECAC's. Also, to the poster pining for intra region competition in ECAC they used to do that as well. The New England region winners would always compete with the Metro region and since the NCAA fields were much much smaller back then you could have some really intense games. One year you had Dave Masur's(St.Johns coach now) Montclair St team against Williams. Middlebury played TCNJ one year. It was always a very good NJAC team against a very good Nescac in the final.