FB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olinemom

Llamaguy, are we Tailgating this weekend?  If so, where? Let me know the details please.  After a week where I attended a wonderful concert  ;D by my nephew, I am ready to enjoy a little football and tailgating and friends :) :).  it is not that I don't love my family, but this is FOOTBALL SEASON, for crying out loud. ;D ;D  If I think positively enough, maybe Sandra will bring that divine chicken salad?  It probably would take the ruby slippers and the ones I have on are just blue plush ones.  Drat!!     

While I'm wishing for the moon, I also wish for the plays that we used against W&L to show up again as they sure didn't against RMC.  Is that asking too much or was it just a tribute to Coach Bob because he was at the W&L game.  It was such a fantastic difference and contrast with most of the rest of the season's offensive showing.  Sigh . . . 

Where is W&L going to be sent?  Any possibility of a place we can get to?  IE not Texas and NOT DELAWARE. . . . 
Brownies for Film Day--Now there's a Slogan I can live with!!!:)  Go EAGLES!

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Olinemom

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 08, 2006, 01:50:29 AM
There isn't much left. :)

I know but I can't afford to go to Texas and the people at Wesley were pretty hateful last year.  I'd only go if I had Llama, Skoal, ReligionMajor, Hug etc. with me.  You need a buffer between. ;D
Brownies for Film Day--Now there's a Slogan I can live with!!!:)  Go EAGLES!

hasanova

OK, where are we now regarding ODAC Coach of the Year?  I'm leaning towards Frank Miriello at W&L, although Montgomery and Kiesel may also deserve some consideration.

Snakehandler

"Fear the Snakehandler, for he speaks with forked tongue"

Jacketlawyer

Quote from: hasanova on November 08, 2006, 11:15:04 AM
OK, where are we now regarding ODAC Coach of the Year?  I'm leaning towards Frank Miriello at W&L, although Montgomery and Kiesel may also deserve some consideration.

Got to go with Monty, and the dramatic turnaround from 2005.  Schizophrenic turnaround at that. . .  :P

Had W&L managed to beat the Eagles, then Miriello.  But everyone knew coming in the W&L was going to be formidable this year.  No expectations for E&H.  In fact, and please correct me if I'm wrong, I believe E&H was picked to finish lower than R-M. . . . . .
" and do as adversaries do in law, strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends." -The Taming of the Shrew

miz

Quote from: Jacketlawyer on November 08, 2006, 11:59:03 AM

Got to go with Monty, and the dramatic turnaround from 2005.  Schizophrenic turnaround at that. . .  :P

Had W&L managed to beat the Eagles, then Miriello.  But everyone knew coming in the W&L was going to be formidable this year.  No expectations for E&H.  In fact, and please correct me if I'm wrong, I believe E&H was picked to finish lower than R-M. . . . . .

Agree w/ your points, but contingent on EHC beating Guilford this weekend.  If not, the win at BC looks more like a fluke than a pattern.  But if EHC is sitting at 6-4 and 4-2 in OCAC than yes, he deserves it. 

hasanova

Quote from: Jacketlawyer on November 08, 2006, 11:59:03 AM

I went to the ODAC website to look up the preseason votes, clicked on "2006 Preseason Poll" and got ... voila! .... the 2005 preseason poll and news release!  lol  Does anyone every double-check the site?  :)  Anyway, relying on memory, I think you're correct with RMC picked 5th and CUA tied with E&H for 6th.  Whether Montgomery's Wasps win 5 or 6, you can certainly make a strong case for him.  Keep in mind, however, Mike Clark was 2005 Coach of the Year when the Eagles were preseason #1.  Meanwhile, Kevin Kiesel, in a year similar to E&H's, took the Quakers from 1-9, 1-5 in 2004 to 5-5, 4-2 in his first year when Guilford was picked to finish last again.  I think the ODAC's past voting style favors Miriello.  

abnrgr

Maybe we can get to week 10 before it's decided next year. GC-Q 45- EH 44. 3OT
Ah... what a dreamer
Never shall I leave a fallen comrade

Jacketlawyer

Hasanova, yeah, I agree with your assertion that Miriello will likely get the COY award.  Believe me, I know about precedent! 8) ;D

I'm just saying that if E&H beats your Quakes this weekend, then Monty certainly deserves very careful consideration.  As Miz pointed out, this would make the Wasps 6-4.  And what a turnaround it would be.  :o

Enough to make you want to mutter to yourself, run around with scissors, or otherwise engage in unhealthy mental and physical habits. . !!

Not that I'm doing that! ;)
" and do as adversaries do in law, strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends." -The Taming of the Shrew

hasanova

Quote from: abnrgr on November 08, 2006, 12:40:37 PM
Maybe we can get to week 10 before it's decided next year. GC-Q 45- EH 44. 3OT
Ah... what a dreamer
Sounds good to me, but you have to go for two in the third OT!  How about GCQ 46, E&H 44?  I like the way you think, abnrgr.  :)

hasanova

Quote from: Jacketlawyer on November 08, 2006, 12:43:40 PM
Hasanova, yeah, I agree with your assertion that Miriello will likely get the COY award.  Believe me, I know about precedent! 8) ;D

I'm just saying that if E&H beats your Quakes this weekend, then Monty certainly deserves very careful consideration.  As Miz pointed out, this would make the Wasps 6-4.  And what a turnaround it would be.  :o

Enough to make you want to mutter to yourself, run around with scissors, or otherwise engage in unhealthy mental and physical habits. . !!

Not that I'm doing that! ;)
"I read ya."  :)

Matt Barnhart (kid)

I'd say Coach Miriello will get COTY.

If Guilford wins this weekend, then all Coach Montgomery has done is beat the teams he was suppose to (R-MC and CUA) and upset the Eagles.  Hardly worth COTY, IMO.

Miriello has led the Generals to their best conference record since he came on board 12 years ago.  Although he didn't beat Bridgewater, he won a conference title with extremely tough admissions standards and 76 players on his roster.  He'd get my vote.
Former Publisher of BridgewaterFootball.com

e h dad

Hasanova/Jacketlawyer...................I'd just settle for a for a win by E&H. Forget about all the drama.

Peace,
E&H Dad

richardmcgritt

Knowing Coach Monty somewhat...he'd trade a dozen COTY's, a set of candlesticks, three live chickens, and maybe a few years off his life for a win...