FB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allsky7

Quote from: muchacho on October 09, 2007, 02:21:37 PM
I remember hearing about a coach asking that any shots of the stands get cut from the team highlight tape because he didn't want recruits seeing what D3 attendance looks like.
I wonder how many recruits looking into a D3, D2, or I-AA program actually look or ask about how many people show up on Saturday. Personally that wasn't a concern I had when selecting where I wanted to play ball.
Whether or not the team had a winning tradition and what chance of getting playing time were bigger concerns than how many people would be watching from the stands.

You mean it wasn't based on the academic excellence of the institution or whether or not dad or grandpa went there?  :o What kind of ambassador of D3 are you?  ;) :D

muchacho

Quote from: allsky7 on October 09, 2007, 02:52:04 PM
I remember hearing about a coach asking that any shots of the stands get cut from the team highlight tape because he didn't want recruits seeing what D3 attendance looks like.
I wonder how many recruits looking into a D3, D2, or I-AA program actually look or ask about how many people show up on Saturday. Personally that wasn't a concern I had when selecting where I wanted to play ball.
Whether or not the team had a winning tradition and what chance of getting playing time were bigger concerns than how many people would be watching from the stands.

You mean it wasn't based on the academic excellence of the institution or whether or not dad or grandpa went there?  :o What kind of ambassador of D3 are you?  ;) :D

If I went where Dad and Grandpa went I would have been in the UAA and people would be calling me Doctor. And when was I made an ambassador?

hasanova

Quote from: muchacho on October 09, 2007, 04:17:24 PM

If I went where Dad and Grandpa went I would have been in the UAA and people would be calling me Doctor. And when was I made an ambassador?
If I went where my Dad and Grandpa went I would have been on Tobacco Road - literally! - and people would be calling me "outstanding in my field!"  :)

Pat Coleman

If I went where my dad went I'd have a hockey site (ugh) instead of a football site.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

hasanova

Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 09, 2007, 04:38:15 PMIf I went where my dad went I'd have a hockey site (ugh) instead of a football site.
I'm glad you put that impulse on ice.

CNU85

Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 09, 2007, 04:38:15 PM
If I went where my dad went I'd have a hockey site (ugh) instead of a football site.

d3missingteeth.com?  ;D

allsky7

Quote from: hasanova on October 09, 2007, 04:31:29 PM
Quote from: muchacho on October 09, 2007, 04:17:24 PM

If I went where my Dad and Grandpa went I would have been on Tobacco Road - literally! - and people would be calling me "outstanding in my field!"  :)

Ok...so maybe I didn't choose a school based on academic excellence or because it was where Dad or Grandpa went either.  :-[ If that were the case, I would have become a Hampden-Sydney Tiger.  :o
     I chose one school because...well...uh...it was kinda the only place I applied.  :D I chose the second because well...uh....it was an opportunity to play football and baseball. And it was....uh....kinda like....FREE!!  :o :o

Trenches

so which jacket fan voted 6-0 and which CU fan voted 3-3??  ;)

miz

Quote from: Matt Barnhart (kid) on October 08, 2007, 11:21:34 PM
We're a very reactive board. Meaning, we don't post much prior to the games, but we sure do talk about them afterwards.

Are we just being careful fans since the race is so close this year?

I'm no more "careful" than ever..........but marriage, job, and grad school have seem to have taken much of my time previously devoted to message boards......

I like the E&H guy who said he watched the BC/HSC game film and concluded that BC is not a very good team.  Yeah, we'll see next week.  And since when do "recent grads" get access to opponents game films?!?  10-1 he's full of it and never saw any tape.   

Guilford first..........obviously we're in do-or-die mode from here out.  Hopefully with two weeks we've made adjustments to correct holes that we're exposed at HSC.  I'd give almost anything to see us come out aggresive on defense like in the old days. 

And for the record, I could not care less how many fans Emory wants to claim they have at home games. 

Bwana

Quote from: Matt Barnhart (kid) on October 07, 2007, 09:35:10 AM
[... but I my stomach didn't agree with the corndog I ate at the high school game I went to Friday night. My stomach tried four times to rid it of my system - fourth time was a charm. >:(

Sounds like you and my boys somehow got dogs from the same vendor that weekend... if you get my drift...
NO, Tusky, You cannot MOON Dr. Geisert!

pakownr97

Quote from: CNU85 on October 09, 2007, 05:25:12 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 09, 2007, 04:38:15 PM

d3missingteeth.com?  ;D

Hey, watch out now.

That is Bridgewater's homepage!

;D
GO BC!

BC Class of '81

TheEHC52

Miz,

You might want to rethink those odds.  I saw the film and to answer your question, recent grads who played (read "didn't stand on the sidelines praying to get on the field") for four years who go back for Homecoming and ask their former coach if they can take a look at the film to see the defensive formations that H-SC employs.  Coaches are generally happy to let folks watch film with them.

On a brighter note, here is a great article about E&H senior Matt Assenat:
http://www.tricities.com/tristate/tri/sports/football.apx.-content-articles-TRI-2007-10-09-0024.html

After playing with him for three years, I don't think he gets enough mention.  Hopefully anybody else that has seen him play will support an "Assenat for All-ODAC" campaign.

Any predictions for this weekend?  Personally I think it will go down like this (a little levity if you will):

GC at BC - Eagles can't avenge last year's loss in a close quasi-shootout.  Team Vogelbach against the BC defense scores more points than the anemic BC offense will be able to put against the sieve that is the Guilford D.  GC 35, BC 28.

E&H at RMC - Wasps win the fastest game in NCAA history at Ashland  when the game only lasts 45 minutes.  Although both teams are great on the ground and will chew up plenty of clock, the Wasper D is too strong for Thornton & Co.  Of note though, former Honaker star Tyler Ball will decide at halftime to transfer from RMC to EHC.  EHC 17, RMC 7.

W&L at HSC - W&L gets back on track in the conference race by winning Bowtie Bowl 2007.  WLU78 will make a reappearance on the boards after the Mighty Miriellos make it three straight against the Tigers.  Sedlar to Smith for three TDs and 200 yards receiving isn't enough as Tom Pacicco runs wild for 200 yards on 26 carries and four scores and seven years ago...W&L 28, H-SC 21.

Catholic at Open - Ricca still throws five picks in the off-week.  Only two are returned for TDs though.  I kid, I kid.

miz

Quote from: TheEHC52 on October 10, 2007, 01:44:28 PM

(read "didn't stand on the sidelines praying to get on the field")

Just curious what you were referring to by this statement?  If you would like to compare football credentials we certainly could...

Again, as far as current players and teams go, we'll see over the next few weeks.  Have fun watching game film with your ex-coaches in the meantime.  Don't you SW VA guys have a Dairy Queen to cruise or something?

TheEHC52

It wasn't meant to be a challenge, rather a means of legitimizing how I actually got in the film room.  I have no idea what your credentials are, but we certainly can compare if you'd like...

As for cruising the Dairy Queen parking lot, that won't happen until after the game on Saturday.  Wednesdays have historically been reserved for cow tipping.  Let me know the next time you're in the area though and I'll take you snipe hunting.

miz

Quote from: TheEHC52 on October 10, 2007, 02:09:24 PM

As for cruising the Dairy Queen parking lot, that won't happen until after the game on Saturday.  Wednesdays have historically been reserved for cow tipping.  Let me know the next time you're in the area though and I'll take you snipe hunting.

That's funny.  You won't get me on the snipe hunt though (I saw the Cheers episode where Norm and Cliff got Woody on that one........).