FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamtod

One last item:
Our failure to get home and sack Erdmann early hurt big time. He did a spectacular job of getting rid of the ball early. Clearly the SJU coaching staff knew that Coach K was going to bring the pressure. Our DBs struggled to matchup 1-on-1 and it put us at an early disadvantage in the big ol' chess game.

sju56321

I thought 81 was a tremendous player-you need to get him the ball more.
D3 football rankings carry no weight-just wait for the NCAA regional rankings.
After his second touchdown catch in a record-setting day, St. John's receiver Will Gillach pointed skyward. That, folks, was for former head coach John Gagilardi. The legendary coach of the Johnnies for 60 seasons and 64 in college overall died Sunday. He was 91. His 489 victories are most in college football history in any division.

faunch

I need to stop watching game highlights and go to bed! 1,100 yards???? What a day!

"I'm a uniter...not a divider."

jamtod

Quote from: faunch on October 13, 2018, 11:54:54 PM
I need to stop watching game highlights and go to bed! 1,100 yards???? What a day!

I'd love to take in the lowlights. They should put a streaming video code on the $15 gameday tickets so we can go review the video later and find justification to complain about whatever bad calls we want to  ;) ;)
A whole bunch of times today, I found myself looking up after a play for the big video replay board. Woops.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: 57Johnnie on October 13, 2018, 09:57:15 PM
Quote from: sjujohnnie on October 13, 2018, 09:41:25 PM
How will the ratings play out? How far will St John's move up? How far will St Thomas fall? We're in the driver's seat now as long as we take care of business & don't look past anyone!
Maybe one place to 7th but no higher. They could stay where they are. Look what those ahead of them did.

I was going to say SJU would jump UWW on my ballot, but I have it in front of me and SJU was already up there. I could see them passing UWW overall, though.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

jamtod

Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 14, 2018, 12:04:36 AM
Quote from: 57Johnnie on October 13, 2018, 09:57:15 PM
Quote from: sjujohnnie on October 13, 2018, 09:41:25 PM
How will the ratings play out? How far will St John's move up? How far will St Thomas fall? We're in the driver's seat now as long as we take care of business & don't look past anyone!
Maybe one place to 7th but no higher. They could stay where they are. Look what those ahead of them did.

I was going to say SJU would jump UWW on my ballot, but I have it in front of me and SJU was already up there. I could see them passing UWW overall, though.

Were you at the game today, Pat?

Pat Coleman

Negative. We had Frank Rajkowski on-site for us. I had a commitment I could not get out of.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

D O.C.

faunch

Quote from: jamtoTommie on October 13, 2018, 11:58:22 PM
Quote from: faunch on October 13, 2018, 11:54:54 PM

I'd love to take in the lowlights. They should put a streaming video code on the $15 gameday tickets so we can go review the video later and find justification to complain about whatever bad calls we want to  ;) ;)
A whole bunch of times today, I found myself looking up after a play for the big video replay board. Woops.

You mean like this one???
https://twitter.com/Jim_Gagliardi/status/1051215223015829504

"I'm a uniter...not a divider."

SJUrube

A little embarrassed to admit this but I'm still living in the past and enjoying the win from yesterday. 😃 Will have to move on soon.

The Jays offensive game plan was perfect. UST is known for pressure. Loved the fact we spread em out and gave Erdmann options. And he put throws on a dime and our wide outs made some great plays. I haven't looked at the stats but Erdmann seemed to own 3rd down. In the way SJU abanded the run I have no idea why UST didn't do the same with the pass. Players win games but one coaching staff put their guys in a better position to go out and do it.

And thank god our B1G QB is from the east division.

Mr.MIAC

carletonknights

Congratulations to the Johnnies on a great win.  I know they travel to Moorhead, but the Cobbers don't seem like anything special this year.  Thomas More did beat UWP, but I doubt they could keep up with SJU.  Seems like they have very favorable odds to finish undefeated for the first time since... 2009?

MUC57

Johnnie fans

No one seems to be posting so far. Bet it was a big night of celebration. You deserved it. Not only did you beat your #1 rival, but you beat the #3 team in the country. Best to you on the rest of the season. But let's not repeat 2003!
Looking forward to hearing from the Johnnie faithful on thoughts about the game. You have to be on top of the world. I'm sure John is with you. Go Johnnies. (Why not, Tommies too). ☠🏈
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

sju56321

Guess we are back to SJ1 and US2-everything is right with the universe.  :)
After his second touchdown catch in a record-setting day, St. John's receiver Will Gillach pointed skyward. That, folks, was for former head coach John Gagilardi. The legendary coach of the Johnnies for 60 seasons and 64 in college overall died Sunday. He was 91. His 489 victories are most in college football history in any division.

MUC57

sju56321

I thought it was U$T. Of course, I can see the US2. But what do I know? ☠🏈
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠