MBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEPAFAN

Looks like I spoke too soon on the video. ;(

But a good win over Emory and Henry ( who previously knocked off the #6 team in the nation).
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

augie

Ronk I remembered that year they were flying out of Philly and me and my uncle were in Las Vegas that year they were playing at Southpoint beautiful arena but the team never made it but we did we left 2 days earlier

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

That was the first year of the D3hoops.com Classic as well - six years ago. Scranton wasn't the only team. Amherst didn't make it either (though, one of their players did) - and I think there was a third team. My original flight was canceled (for the entire inch that fell in Baltimore; canceled 24 hours prior and ruined our personal plans). It resulted in a VERY busy event the next year.

South Point is a pretty solid arena for the event and being connected to the hotel is a major plus. This will be the seventh event this year. Makes for a busy December for many of us, but love doing it.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

augie

Ronk that is like playing 4 on 5 he might play great defense but you also have to score were kyle deverna gives you both opportunitys.The kid is a freshman but he is really good.Reminds me of Mark Hutchinson maybe better

augie

Top 25 out let's see Emory and Henry beats Virginia Wesleyan by 2.Scranton beats them by 15 I understand that Arcadia loss but come on you have Wesleyan still in your top30 or so with points but Scranton which crushed Emory and Henry no love just keep it up Scranton no numbers what so ever.My ? Is how can you put a 7-2 team that lost to Emory henry ahead of Scranton that destroyed that team.I guess just throw darts at the board.

NEPAFAN

Auhieni love ya but you can't say the stink and are going 18-7 and then the next week complain try hey aren't in the top 25. Susquehanna way over rated at 14 in this poll.
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

saratoga

The Royals are getting no production scoring wise, rebound wise or assist wise from 2 current starters.
Getting 33 minutes & putting up 3 points is a somewhat better than a game last week where it was something like 35 minutes & zero points but still not really going to take you to the Promised Land with a stat sheet looking that empty.

Truly time to cut the ties that bind & play the kids that are producing far more in far less action.

DeVerna & Feinberg have earned the right to start.

Perhaps bringing some of these current starters in the game from the bench can add some instant offense & tough D.

Far too many games at this point with all around minimal contributions.

augie

Nepafan after that loss to Arcadia a team 3-4 beating us because coaches son plays 32 minutes produces maybe 6 and McLoughlin 0 in 30 minutes your right they did stink and I still believe 18-7 but my point is to the pollsters in the top 25 Scranton 8-2 Virginia Wesleyan 7-2 lost to Emory &Henry by 2 Scranton beats them by 15 my point I am trying to make is Washington u Steven's point Virginia Wesleyan CNU gets a lot of love from these top 25 voters but Scranton beats a team that beat a team that they give 27 pts Scranton 0.If you do a top 25 let's not be bias and look at facts bottom line.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: augie on December 20, 2016, 09:17:51 PM
Nepafan after that loss to Arcadia a team 3-4 beating us because coaches son plays 32 minutes produces maybe 6 and McLoughlin 0 in 30 minutes your right they did stink and I still believe 18-7 but my point is to the pollsters in the top 25 Scranton 8-2 Virginia Wesleyan 7-2 lost to Emory &Henry by 2 Scranton beats them by 15 my point I am trying to make is Washington u Steven's point Virginia Wesleyan CNU gets a lot of love from these top 25 voters but Scranton beats a team that beat a team that they give 27 pts Scranton 0.If you do a top 25 let's not be bias and look at facts bottom line.

Let's see how the game with Neumann goes.  That might end up being the best team Scranton plays all season.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

augie

Could be:playing the likes of Valley Forge, Keystone, Clark Summit (Baptist bible).I understand they are 23Rd in this week's polling.I will be there!Merry Christmas to all on D3hoops

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: augie on December 21, 2016, 07:25:15 AM
Could be:playing the likes of Valley Forge, Keystone, Clark Summit (Baptist bible).I understand they are 23Rd in this week's polling.I will be there!Merry Christmas to all on D3hoops

They also beat Rowan, Eastern, Del Val, GMC, and Catholic so far.  Scranton doesn't exactly have a murderer's row schedule this year, either.

augie

We can go on and on we beat Montclair st that destroyed Rowan we beat Emory&Henry that beat a team in Virginia Wesleyan that is constantly in the top 40.I will take our Schedule over yours any day and final thought we play in a much tougher Division Landmark I think alot better from top to bottom over CSAC.Congrats being ranked.But to say Neumann might be the best team they play is a far cry from our league play compared to Neumanns

gordonmann

Augie:

Ryan is our national columnist. He has no affiliation with Neumann or the CSAC.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: gordonmann on December 21, 2016, 11:43:54 AM
Augie:

Ryan is our national columnist. He has no affiliation with Neumann or the CSAC.

More than that, I'm more skeptical than most on Neumann's strength vis-a-vis the rest of the country.  I'm not sure they're even a Top 25 squad, but, from what I've seen so far, I suspect they still might be better than anyone in the Landmark.  A lot will be worked out over the next few weeks.  The Landmark schools have some good games on tap and I may well be wrong, but I've not seen anything on the floor that leads me to consider them contenders.

NEPAFAN

Vince Lombardi