Drug testing polivy

Started by flaballcoach, July 28, 2015, 05:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flaballcoach

Asked a question l did not have answer for....thought someone here would know. Do D3 football players get drug tested? I am aware that specific numbers in D1 and D2 programs are subject to testing, but l am not aware of D3 procedures. I believe l remember something about Whitewater-Stout getting in some hot water about steroid possession by some of their players years back, but l don't think it was due to testing.

jete2

I could be wrong but I think testing is optional at D3 institutions.  I do know that players are randomly drug tested during the playoffs.  I believe approximately 10 players from a team are drug tested after a playoff game. 

Just Bill

Drug testing, prior to NCAA championship/tournament competition is up to the individual institutions. There are a few schools who have had problems in the past. It's standard operating procedure at some schools and non-existent at others. It's very cost prohibitive for most D-III schools, so even those that do test, do it rather sparingly.

In NCAA championship/tournament events, it's always a possibility. It doesn't happen at every site and they never reveal which competition sites will be tested, but all schools are warned that it can happen.
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

hickory_cornhusker

Quote from: Just Bill on July 30, 2015, 02:44:30 PM
Drug testing, prior to NCAA championship/tournament competition is up to the individual institutions. There are a few schools who have had problems in the past. It's standard operating procedure at some schools and non-existent at others. It's very cost prohibitive for most D-III schools, so even those that do test, do it rather sparingly.

In NCAA championship/tournament events, it's always a possibility. It doesn't happen at every site and they never reveal which competition sites will be tested, but all schools are warned that it can happen.

I've heard they do it at a third of the events, having been to about ten cross country/track championships that seems about right from what I remember. I don't know what they do for bracketed playoffs.