MBB: Coast 2 Coast Athletic Conference

Started by Mr. Ypsi, March 27, 2005, 10:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goose_13

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on November 09, 2017, 02:53:47 PM
Thanks Goose. I don't see the CAC being less competitive in conference, but I don't think it will have the same national or regional impact it has had in the last few years. It is a temporary thing as everything ebbs and flows.

Simple fact, win the conference tournament and don't worry about everyone else. Regardless of how up or down the CAC is.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Goose_13 on November 10, 2017, 02:02:14 PM
Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on November 09, 2017, 02:53:47 PM
Thanks Goose. I don't see the CAC being less competitive in conference, but I don't think it will have the same national or regional impact it has had in the last few years. It is a temporary thing as everything ebbs and flows.

Simple fact, win the conference tournament and don't worry about everyone else. Regardless of how up or down the CAC is.

You will hear me say that on repeat here on the boards and on Hoopsville.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Greek Tragedy

With Daly gone now,  who's planning on rebounding for CNU? Big game against RMC coming up and I'm torn on who I should take in the pick em League.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Swish3

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on November 14, 2017, 03:47:54 PM
With Daly gone now,  who's planning on rebounding for CNU? Big game against RMC coming up and I'm torn on who I should take in the pick em League.

Good question...that will primarily fall on Roberts, Marin, Ellis and Chappell.  The first three are all 6-7, but Roberts probably won't see a lot of playing time...Marin is timid, but he's a senior, so I'm hoping he'll surprise me.  Ellis is decent, and has shown some potential, although he's only a sophomore...Chappell, who's 6-5, is also a sophomore that's still developing.  Out of all these guys, Chappell will likely be the workhorse...he's got the size to get in there and bang, so I look for him to hold down the paint.  So, that said, rebounding might be a challenge...I will say that Marcus Carter is a good rebounder for his size, but they'll need a big year from him in all aspects.

As for the R-MC game, it should be a good one...CNU still has a couple of seasoned veterans in McFarland and Carter, along w/a solid supporting cast, so maybe give the Captains a slight edge in this one?

CNU85

Quote from: Swish3 on November 14, 2017, 04:29:55 PM
Quote from: Greek Tragedy on November 14, 2017, 03:47:54 PM

Good question...that will primarily fall on Roberts, Marin, Ellis and Chappell.  The first three are all 6-7, but Roberts probably won't see a lot of playing time...Marin is timid, but he's a senior, so I'm hoping he'll surprise me.  Ellis is decent, and has shown some potential, although he's only a sophomore...Chappell, who's 6-5, is also a sophomore that's still developing.  Out of all these guys, Chappell will likely be the workhorse...he's got the size to get in there and bang, so I look for him to hold down the paint.  So, that said, rebounding might be a challenge...I will say that Marcus Carter is a good rebounder for his size, but they'll need a big year from him in all aspects.

As for the R-MC game, it should be a good one...CNU still has a couple of seasoned veterans in McFarland and Carter, along w/a solid supporting cast, so maybe give the Captains a slight edge in this one?

Good points. And the Daly issue is THE question for the season. Looking at the tape, Daly was 6-6 220. Cutch is 6-7 220 and Chappell is only slightly shorter at 6-5 but a bruiser at 285. I've heard CNU will be faster this year but don't rule out an inside game as those 2 Sophomores develop. I would expect each to play a different role each game depending on the opponent. But I'm not the coach! Let the fun begin!!!

Greek Tragedy

Now that the likes of Daly, Regimbal and Brown are gone, are we going to see Carter play 35 minutes a game and see McFarland possibly start? I picked Carter in the All-American pool,  so I'm hoping for big things from him this year, and CNU, of course.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Swish3

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on November 15, 2017, 08:03:41 AM
Now that the likes of Daly, Regimbal and Brown are gone, are we going to see Carter play 35 minutes a game and see McFarland possibly start? I picked Carter in the All-American pool,  so I'm hoping for big things from him this year, and CNU, of course.

I think Carter may see close to that, and I'd be shocked if McFarland didn't start...hey, these guys are seniors and have been a huge part of this program, so let's ride 'em!

Swish3

mailsy

Quote from: Swish3 on November 15, 2017, 08:20:18 AM
GAME DAY!

Yes! It seemed like this day was taking forever to get here.  ;D
Cabrini Cavaliers 2012 National Runner-Up.
First official poster on the Atlantic East forum board.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Swish3 on November 15, 2017, 08:17:18 AM

I think Carter may see close to that, and I'd be shocked if McFarland didn't start...hey, these guys are seniors and have been a huge part of this program, so let's ride 'em!

I am not sure we see Carter until January... just FYI. That was the last I heard.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Swish3

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on November 15, 2017, 10:44:19 AM
Quote from: Swish3 on November 15, 2017, 08:17:18 AM

I am not sure we see Carter until January... just FYI. That was the last I heard.

I guess we'll find out tonight...from what I've heard/seen, I think he'll at least play some, hopefully a lot.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

That will certainly be a change to the info we were handed. Good to hear... I think. I'm a little nervous about his ability to get back up to 100% from that surgery. There are a number of players who had procedures in the off season or the end of last season who are struggling to get back up to speed (men and women).

CNU85

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on November 15, 2017, 12:05:41 PM
That will certainly be a change to the info we were handed. Good to hear... I think. I'm a little nervous about his ability to get back up to 100% from that surgery. There are a number of players who had procedures in the off season or the end of last season who are struggling to get back up to speed (men and women).

He played in the exhibition games. Had 20 min vs ODU. And dropped 17 against D1 UMES (where he almost played!)

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: CNU85 on November 15, 2017, 01:22:08 PM
Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on November 15, 2017, 12:05:41 PM

He played in the exhibition games. Had 20 min vs ODU. And dropped 17 against D1 UMES (where he almost played!)

Very good to hear.

CNU85

Wow. What a game. CNU pulls out a win on the road against a decent team. 69-64. I was looking at the stats. 48 points from underclassmen. Only 2 points from regular starters last year and that was Carter before he went down injured. Hope he's ok. McFarland didn't play. Marin (pronounced marine) drops 15!!  And Fr Aigner hits 5 treys for 15 points in the game. Hopefully this will be a fun season to watch. I like everything you could possibly see from game 1....except that injury. Our two 1,000 point scorers only have 2 and we win like that. W.