FB: Empire 8

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fisheralum91

Skunks-there is nothing like an RV porta potty setting slapped smack in the middle of a stadium!!!

Bartman

Koree Reed of Hartwick and Brandon Shed of Hobart have received invites to the NFLPA All Star game at the Rose Bowl on 1/20/18. This is a great complement to both players as there were no D3 players at the Bowl last year. One third of participants received an invite to the NFL Combine last year. Good luck to both men. You never know  ;D
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Desertraider

For all the Brockport fans - your guys played a great game and Congrats. All the heat about the east not being able to compete should quiet for a while. Nicely done.

To any one that really watched the game (I watched in passing) how would you rate the UMHB DBs and specifically their Corners? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
RIP MUC57 - Go Everybody!
National Champions: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017
The Autumn Wind is a Raider!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzEYK_XjyLg
Immaculate Prevention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZLq_acsVN0

D3MAFAN

Quote from: desertraider on December 12, 2017, 08:45:24 PM
For all the Brockport fans - your guys played a great game and Congrats. All the heat about the east not being able to compete should quiet for a while. Nicely done.

To any one that really watched the game (I watched in passing) how would you rate the UMHB DBs and specifically their Corners? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Their DBs are fast and cover really well and fit the run very well. They are very athletic. I think if you are going to get anything, it is going to be through schematics and not athleticism. There D-Line allows for them to play aggressive. Good Luck.

fisheralum91

I concur,
What I will also say is that team speed should be equal in this matchup and it will come down to gameplan, execution and turnovers.

D3viewer

Brockport started out the game trying run quick pitch and catch screens to the slot rec. The problem is the UMHB cornerbacks blew them up by powering through the outside rec. blocks. Also, they helped in pass pressure as well. germinerio often had to hold the ball as his first option was taken away in the passing game, leading up to sacks. Brockport tried to stay away from the corners by throwing quick slants inside, which did not work either. I would rate their corners as very good.

MRMIKESMITH

Just listened to the podcast, I was thinking that if a returner muff's a punt inside the twenty and into the endzone, I think if it declared a touchback, the ball should only be advanced to the initial muffed spot or ruled a safety.

Bengalsrule

ESPNU will broadcast the Brockport vs MHB game today at 4!

continental

Quote from: MANDGSU on December 14, 2017, 09:34:04 AM
Just listened to the podcast, I was thinking that if a returner muff's a punt inside the twenty and into the endzone, I think if it declared a touchback, the ball should only be advanced to the initial muffed spot or ruled a safety.
The punting team should always have the option of taking the ball at the spot of the first touch by the receiving team in that situation...not sure why Brockport didn't take that option.  I think that the officials messed that one up.

Bartman

Quote from: continental on December 15, 2017, 10:05:00 AM
The punting team should always have the option of taking the ball at the spot of the first touch by the receiving team in that situation...not sure why Brockport didn't take that option.  I think that the officials messed that one up.
Continental,
       Thanks for this rule clarification....this makes sense to me, at the option of the punting team, it looks like the refs messed this one up, although it did not swing the game result....it makes no sense to give the receiving team a touchback , as intentional muffs would occur frequently inside the 5 yard line. I assume the rule on kickoffs is different,
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

jamtod

Quote from: Bartman on December 15, 2017, 10:34:53 AM
Quote from: continental on December 15, 2017, 10:05:00 AM
Continental,
       Thanks for this rule clarification....this makes sense to me, at the option of the punting team, it looks like the refs messed this one up, although it did not swing the game result....it makes no sense to give the receiving team a touchback , as intentional muffs would occur frequently inside the 5 yard line. I assume the rule on kickoffs is different,

Are you suggesting that the rule should be this way in your opinion OR that the rule was misapplied?
Because it sounds to me like the rule was applied correctly. If the PR is muffed and momentum carries the ball into the end zone, it is correctly ruled a touchback. Perhaps giving the option to the punting team to choose the outcome would make some sense, but that's not how the rule is written.

D3viewer

Picking Mount Union tonight. They both appear equal on defense, but Mount looks to have a better offense. So I'll say that will be the difference.

WRMUalum13

Quote from: D3viewer on December 15, 2017, 02:53:00 PM
Picking Mount Union tonight. They both appear equal on defense, but Mount looks to have a better offense. So I'll say that will be the difference.

Not sure which two teams you've been watching but Mount's given up 77 points in its last two games, UMHB has only given up 16 in the entire playoffs. I think there's a pretty decent consensus that UMHB has a superior D.

MUC57

WRMUalum13

I already knew what you just posted but it looks awful in print. Wow. Yes, UMHB does have a superior defense. However, it also takes an offense. Mount has that. Raiders by 10.
That's strictly a guess. Also keep in mind -

I'm old. I get mixed up and I forget things!
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

WRMUalum13

Quote from: MUC57 on December 15, 2017, 03:40:50 PM

WRMUalum13

I already knew what you just posted but it looks awful in print. Wow. Yes, UMHB does have a superior defense. However, it also takes an offense. Mount has that. Raiders by 10.
That's strictly a guess. Also keep in mind -

I'm old. I get mixed up and I forget things!

Oh I'm on the same page with you MUC57! Just posting that to support the idea that UMHB has a superior D. I'd add that in those 77 points were a fluke 2 point conversion fumble td, a pick 6, and a handful of late points against Frostburg where I'm pretty sure 2nd teamers were in.

Not to mention that UWO has one of the most dynamic offenses in all of D3. Even the great Defense of 2012 gave up 35 to UMHB in the semis

I've got mount by 17 in this one