FB: Empire 8

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bartman

Pep,
     So the Golden Eagles swoop in to take on the Saxon Warriors next week. Looks like the Bengals were a good tune up for the birds.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

AUPepBand

Quote from: Bartman on October 07, 2018, 10:07:49 AM
Pep,
     So the Golden Eagles swoop in to take on the Saxon Warriors next week. Looks like the Bengals were a good tune up for the birds.

The Bengals looked good at the start...drove 77 yards on the second possession with a 42-yard pass completion giving them a first down at the AU 2-yard line. But AU stuffed four consecutive runs for a goalline stand, then took just five plays to go 99 yards for a TD with a 76-yard Burk to Bragaglia pass play the big gainer. Except for the 91-yard TD run in which AU defense was not set, switching up assignments, the Bengals really didn't challenge.

Unfortunately, it will be Mid-Semester Break at AU so attendance will be way down on Saterday. Pep will just have to beat his drum a little harder and AUKaZ00 will need to play his kazoo a little louder to make up for the lack.

On Saxon Warriors!
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

Bombers798891

I don't understand Fisher's offensive gameplan at all.

I get that, when you get down, you have to throw the ball. But they're not even trying to run the ball. Just 15 carries against Utica. Just 10 against Brockport. They're just dropping back 50 times a game. Any smart defensive coordinator is going to stop that.

D3viewer

E8 Players of the Week
Offensive Player – Brett Segala, QB SUNY Cortland (Junior, Webster, N.Y.) #9 6'0 205. 2nd O player of the week honor this season for him. Brockport's Joe Germinerio has none
Segala completed 27-33 passes for 340 yards and four touchdowns with no interceptions in Cortland's 51-14 win vs. Morrisville State. He also rushed for a team-high 56 yards and a TD on nine carries. Segala was 18-24 passing for 252 yards and three scores in the first half alone as the Red Dragons built a 30-0 halftime lead. He completed TD passes of 58, 10, 33 and 7 yards, and he ran for a 4-yard score.

Defensive Player – Mark Taylor, Utica CB (Junior, Buffalo, N.Y.) #25 5'8 205
Taylor turned in a tremendous effort defensively as part of a unit that held St. John Fisher to just seven points in a 33-7 Utica win on Saturday. He spearheaded the defensive charge with a pair of interceptions to go along with a season-high nine tackles. He expanded on a narrow two point lead for the Pioneers when he picked off a pass and promptly returned it 74 yards for his first collegiate interception return touchdown. He added another interception in the fourth quarter as he secured a pass that was initially tipped by Utica safety Ben Vargas.

Special Teams Player -  Dustin Moyle, K Brockport (Junior, Carthage, N.Y.) #40 6'0 180
Moyle was perfect for Brockport in a 55-7 road win over Empire 8 foe Hartwick. The junior converted on two field goal attempts, including a 21-yard boot and a 37-yard boot. He was also flawless on all six extra point attempts, racking up 12 points for the Golden Eagles in the win.

Upstate

Quote from: Bombers798891 on October 08, 2018, 10:41:24 AM
I don't understand Fisher's offensive gameplan at all.

I get that, when you get down, you have to throw the ball. But they're not even trying to run the ball. Just 15 carries against Utica. Just 10 against Brockport. They're just dropping back 50 times a game. Any smart defensive coordinator is going to stop that.

They don't have a line that can open up holes with their current scheme and don't have RBs that can make people miss in the backfield...

It's not a good recipe for success on East Ave. They need to tear it down and start from scratch...
The views expressed in the above post do not represent the views of St. John Fisher College, their athletic department, their coaching staff or their players. I am an over zealous antagonist that does not have any current connection to the institution I attended.

fisheralum91

Well here we are.
0-4
Fisher couldnt leave Utica fast enough.
What a horrible showing.
Sad really, I would plan a year in advance to go see Fisher when they came up here to trounce UC.
Im not for a complete rebuild at Fisher, but man, at what time do you make the decision to fish or cut bait?

The program is broken.
This season is another loss.
Its painful to watch-
and before Bombers starts screaming at me for being oooh poor me and the sky is falling, I think I have kept a pretty even keel.It is very difficult to have your Alma Mater go from zero to hero, back to zero again.  The climb was long and fruitful. The decline was fast and painful.

MRMIKESMITH

Quote from: fisheralum91 on October 09, 2018, 09:58:43 AM
Well here we are.
0-4
Fisher couldnt leave Utica fast enough.
What a horrible showing.
Sad really, I would plan a year in advance to go see Fisher when they came up here to trounce UC.
Im not for a complete rebuild at Fisher, but man, at what time do you make the decision to fish or cut bait?

The program is broken.
This season is another loss.
Its painful to watch-
and before Bombers starts screaming at me for being oooh poor me and the sky is falling, I think I have kept a pretty even keel.It is very difficult to have your Alma Mater go from zero to hero, back to zero again.  The climb was long and fruitful. The decline was fast and painful.

You may have a point. The past two year's have not been to the level and prestige of the Fisher teams of the past. Not taking into account of last year, St. John Fisher has average 9 wins a year. I remember watching the great battles we had against each other...

fisheralum91

They were epic for sure- But it seemed that you got the better end of the stick---especially those crazy shootouts
Fisher will be back....Not this year, nor the next, but soon.

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Oline89

Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 10, 2018, 02:51:34 PM
Feature on the Brockport defense:
http://www.d3football.com/columns/features/2018/brockport-defense-slamming-door-on-foes

This is one of he most unbelievable stats in all football.  What is the all-time record for lowest average rushing yards allowed?

Bombers798891

Quote from: fisheralum91 on October 09, 2018, 09:58:43 AM

The issue isn't complaining that the sky is falling when it's actually falling. It's doing so when you go 8-2/7-3 because you want to be going 10-0.

I thought perhaps that last year's Fisher team just had one of those years with a tough schedule and injuries where it all went wrong. Turns out, I was wrong, and it was a preview of things to come. This year's Fisher team is terrible (though next week is a winnable game). Moan away!

Ice Bear

Dutch Boy too will unfortunately agree with the assessment that SJF is in some serious trouble. Dutch Boy didn't think they would ever play this poorly but it certainly looks like things are quite dire in Pittsford, NY. Having watched Union free fall off a cliff like ****ing Wylie Coyote chasing the roadrunner he was convinced that almost any program can hit rock bottom if proper adjustments aren't made. Best of luck Fisher fans. Dutch Boy will always hold SJF their fans in the highest re-****ing-guard. Things will get better hopefully sooner than later.
A long time fan of DIII Football!

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Oline89 on October 10, 2018, 03:08:25 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 10, 2018, 02:51:34 PM
Feature on the Brockport defense:
http://www.d3football.com/columns/features/2018/brockport-defense-slamming-door-on-foes

This is one of he most unbelievable stats in all football.  What is the all-time record for lowest average rushing yards allowed?

The Division III record for fewest rushing yards allowed per game is minus-2.3.

RUSHING DEFENSE
Fewest Yards Allowed
Per Game
Minus 2.3—Knoxville, 1977 (-23 in 10 games)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

AUPepBand

On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

D3viewer

That's what makes this week's game against AU most interesting .  Brockport's offense leads the E8 in rushing yards, but Alfred is a close 2nd at over 200 yards a game.  They are the closest thing we have to an option team in the conf , since they are last in passing as well. Hyperbole of course, but the idea is they run the ball  to win.  So, it will be a clash of wills Sat. Will be the biggest test so far for Brockport's run D and for Alfred's run offense.