MBB: General Mid-Atlantic Conversation

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, December 11, 2013, 10:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: ronk on February 08, 2016, 10:29:53 PM
Knight Slappy's Mid-Atlantic Regional Ranking projection

Data updated through Sunday 2/7. We'll see the first regional rankings using this data on Wednesday.

http://detroitjockcity.com/division-iii-mens-basketball-regional-rankings-data/

Susquehanna
Christopher Newport
Salisbury
Catholic
F&M
Scranton

CNU will be first - other than that, I think it's good.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

ronk

I have Susque higher, mostly because of winning @ Scranton while CNU lost to Scranton @ home.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: ronk on February 08, 2016, 11:26:43 PM
  I have Susque higher, mostly because of winning @ Scranton while CNU lost to Scranton @ home.

20 wins vs 16, with a pretty similar SOS.  CNU will come out on top.

Swish3

Yeah, the amount of regional wins would probably be CNU's only advantage, as I think they would both be 2-1 versus rro...

ronk

Quote from: Swish3 on February 09, 2016, 08:46:41 AM
Yeah, the amount of regional wins would probably be CNU's only advantage, as I think they would both be 2-1 versus rro...

There won't be an rro for the 1st week, just results and common opponents considerations to differentiate. 

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Yeah - it isn't possible to have Results Versus Regionally Ranked Opponents when there are no regional rankings to begin with. They also don't rerank after the Regional Rankings are voted on - that ONLY happens at the end of the season when those last regional rankings can affect vRRO dramatically. So there is a large chunk of the data that won't be used.

From what I was able to #gleen last week in the practice/mock rankings, Christopher Newport was #1. I don't see any reason they won't remain there.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Swish3

Thanks, guys, I didn't think it through before commenting...

CardsFan

So it seems barring something drastic neither Susquehanna nor CNU need to worry about any of the other teams passing them in the rankings. Pretty clear they're the two best teams.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

I think they are safe and considering their locations I think they are safe to host, believe it or not. However, Susquehanna would have to worry the most as a few losses and they could come back to earth and CUA or Scranton could get in front of them. I don't think CNU has anything to fear per se.

But here's the big thing... the first of four regional rankings come out tomorrow. Between tomorrow and the final, non-public, rankings... a LOT can change. Plus, when vRRO comes into play, it could alter somethings next week.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

cmackowiakSGSN

Below is my first edition of 'Sea Gull Bracketology' for the 2017-18 season for The Flyer, the student newspaper at Salisbury University. It features analysis of the non-conference schedule for Salisbury and also the general blueprint of the Capital Athletic Conference. Let me know what you think!

https://thesuflyer.com/2018/01/22/2018-sea-gull-bracketology-jan-22/

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: cmackowiakSGSN on January 22, 2018, 05:19:12 PM
Below is my first edition of 'Sea Gull Bracketology' for the 2017-18 season for The Flyer, the student newspaper at Salisbury University. It features analysis of the non-conference schedule for Salisbury and also the general blueprint of the Capital Athletic Conference. Let me know what you think!

https://thesuflyer.com/2018/01/22/2018-sea-gull-bracketology-jan-22/

Good analysis, but if the SOS ends up at .504, there's almost no chance for a Pool C - I'd be willing to say no chance at all with the number of losses they've already got.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Smitty Oom

Anyone else surprised Lycoming was above Swarthmore?