MBB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Oxy'03SalemPavers, March 10, 2005, 12:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diehardfan

Thanks!

Well definitely not Whittier or Redlands, since my team is gonna play them both this season! (Single game against Redlands, Whittier christmas tourney)

I enjoy disciplined ball, esp if that means the hoosier style discipline, ie. consistant good passing leading to great open shots. I think good passing is hot.  :-*

Honestly, I'd probably prefer to cheer for the team that has the best academic team, as long at the basketball is good enough that it is enjoyable to watch.

I am not wholly a stranger to this board... I lurked often in the past few seasons, and have posted on occasion... so I know how intense the board can get during the season... esp those who are ticked that the SCIAC isn't getting the attention from Pat that they think they deserve.  ;)

I'll look forward to diving more deeply into the fray as the season approaches.
Wait, dunks are only worth two points?!?!!!? Why does anyone do them? - diehardfan
What are Parkers now supposed to chant after every NP vs WC game, "Let's go enjoy tobacco products off-campus? - Gregory Sager
We all read it, but we don't take anything you say seriously - Luke Kasten

RIP WheatonC

castle

Hello Soon-to-be-SoCaller,

If you want to cheer for the team with the best academics; you'd probably be best off with P-P.  But, I think you should cheer for the Kingsmen...I am biased, but they have a lot of upside.  Great coaching staff both on and off the court, new facility will help the recuiting greatly, and a nice community of Thousand Oaks.  I played at CLU 2000-2003, and couldn't have had a better overall experience. 

I look forward to getting your nation-wide perspective on our SCIAC conf.

Let me know if you need any info on the area, basketball or otherwise related.
:)
"Dive for loose balls"

scandihoovian

Castle raises a good point...You might want to cheer for Cal Lu just based on the fact that their posters were the first to respond to your request in a friendly manner  :)

diehardfan

Quote from: scandihoovian on September 16, 2005, 05:16:37 PM
Castle raises a good point...You might want to cheer for Cal Lu just based on the fact that their posters were the first to respond to your request in a friendly manner  :)

:D Maybe... though you guys are getting early cool points for sure. :)

Did I mention I was going to be living in Temecula? That's quite a hike to make to visit my "home" team in the league!

Quote from: castle on September 16, 2005, 02:34:03 PM
Let me know if you need any info on the area, basketball or otherwise related. :)

Lol.... I could probably come up with tons of random questions related to where I am moving, but I'll probably just stick to basketball questions.

Which team has the classiest fans? Best fan base? Being the Wheaton girl that I am, I'm not really the hugest fan of teams whose fans are all drink and think the "bull----" cheer is really creative. And I don't necessarily care about atmosphere, as long as the basketball is good, but it's easier when I don't stand out like a sore thumb because I just got really excited about a really good rebound or play or pass or trey or something.
Wait, dunks are only worth two points?!?!!!? Why does anyone do them? - diehardfan
What are Parkers now supposed to chant after every NP vs WC game, "Let's go enjoy tobacco products off-campus? - Gregory Sager

RIP WheatonC

John Gleich

Hmm.. April, What's the matter with the "Bull Horn" cheer... ? :P
UWSP Men's Basketball

National Champions: 2015, 2010, 2005, 2004

NCAA appearances: 2018, '15, '14, '13, '12, '11, '10, '09, '08, '07, '05, '04, '03, '00, 1997

WIAC/WSUC Champs: 2015, '14, '13, '11, '09, '07, '05, '03, '02, '01, '00, 1993, '92, '87, '86, '85, '84, '83, '82, '69, '61, '57, '48, '42, '37, '36, '35, '33, '18

Twitter: @JohnGleich

Gregory Sager

PS, I thought that she was referring to the "Bull Ride!" cheer. You know, the one with which the crowd implies that the referee in question is such a fair arbiter that they collectively believe that he has the ability to become a rodeo judge.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

diehardfan

lol... are you guys just trying to get me to curse?  :-\ :P

RIP WheatonC

diehardfan

I suppose those cheers would actually be fairly creative...

My new CA friends, ignore these crazy people, I love em to death, but the fact is that they are just suffering the lingering effects of diehardfan cookie withdrawl or something  :D

RIP WheatonC

Mr. Ypsi

April,

I never got any cookies.  >:(

When will this oversight be corrected, now that you are relocating far out of most of d3 territory?

bballfan2

If you want to see 'good' basketball the 3 teams to watch on any given night are Pomona-Pitzer, CMS, and Cal Lu. That said here are the Pre-season SCIAC predictions...(the records don't quite add up but each is a ball park guess for every team)
PP (13-1)
CMS (11-3)
Oxy (10-4)
La Verne (9-5)
Cal Lu (9-5)
Whittier (7-8)
Redlands (5-9)
Cal Tech (0-14)

Petey Fan

PP wll miss Turner but they have a Frosh guard , Petey Kass... He'll be a crowd fave pronto. Great passer...

David Collinge

What's the fan support like at the various SCIAC gyms?  I've been to a game at Cal Tech, where the players outnumbered the fans, and a game at Oxy, which was rollicking, but was a tournament game (vs. Aurora), so I figure it doesn't provide a true measure of the usual support level.

castle

The fan support is usually pretty good, with the exception of games that are played when students are away.  SCIAC conf. games are great @Redlands, @CMS, @CLU, @OXY, @PP.  La Verne games can be interesting, only if the team is good...Whittier can't fill the gym...Cal Tech games are hard to watch. 

My favorite places to play were @Redlands, @CMS and at my beloved CLU "castle"...because the fans are right up on the court and it gets so loud.
"Dive for loose balls"

scandihoovian

I know some of you will find this update annoying, but some of us are pretty fired up that they've started putting the roof on the new "castle".

Go to:

http://ww2.clunet.edu/building_clu/video_large.php

Hard to believe it's the final season in Boston Garden West...

castle

Wow, that new facility is going to be nice!

No more dead spots, no more hitting the roof, no more can't host a playoff game; but the games of horse are going to suffer.  The famous: over the pipe, don't hit the roof, and in.

Scandihoovian - 'boston garden west'  that is hilarious.

I will definetly have to catch a few games this year - Westmont on Dec. 10 should be a good game.
"Dive for loose balls"