MBB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Oxy'03SalemPavers, March 10, 2005, 12:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dj_hyphen

???  I dislike CMS as much as anyone, but to send them on the road to Oxy is complete crap.  Anyway you slice it, the committee dropped the ball...CMS is clearly the better team over the course of the year, and especially right now.  Horrible move there, as they should have hosted or at the very worst played at Pomona or Whittier (probably the 2 best gyms in SCIAC...until CLU's opens).  I know they don't play em in neutral sites, so that's moot...but if I was a CMS player, fan, or coach, i'd be livid.

I hope they don't feel sorry for themselves and still come to play.  Oxy's gym is better than CMS', but it's still crap...eh well, I'd probably root for Oxy to take out my rivals anyway...

sciacguru

Quote from: Liger Hoops on February 27, 2006, 06:39:03 PM
When is conference MVP announced?  As the season ended, it looked like Taylor had it locked up but if the Tigers can pull out a win at home this week, would Betty be the pick?

Official results:
MVP - Taylor

1st Team
Parsons, Maceri (cms)
Greenlee (ULV)
Wexlor Beron (PP)
Mazarei (UR)
Betty (oxy)

2nd Team
Phillips (oxy)
Knowles, Lloyd (PP)
Mesaros (WC)
Lepiashinski (clu)
Brown (ulv)
Carlson  (cit)

K.C.

Quote from: Liger Hoops on February 27, 2006, 06:39:03 PM
When is conference MVP announced? As the season ended, it looked like Taylor had it locked up but if the Tigers can pull out a win at home this week, would Betty be the pick?

No way.  MVP is based on conference games only...even if Betty had a huge game on Thursday it wouldn't make a difference.  Typically, the MVP is awarded to a player from the conference champion.  The only exception I can think of is two years ago, when Avedian from CalLu won it after Pomona won the conference.  He was clearly the best player in the conference, however...you can't make the same argument for Betty over Taylor.

Does anyone know if Oxy is selling tickets to Thursday's game, or is it free as usual, or what?  When they hosted a playoff game three years ago, we bought tickets in advance.  It was a full house then, and I'm sure it will be even more so on Thursday with CMS fans making the easy trip.  I want to be sure I get a seat for CMS-Oxy III - this is gonna be awesome!

diehardfan

The ncaa has a set charge for games, I believe, though I think the schools can add on to it, cause my playoff tickets haven't always been the same price...

Heck... I just realized, if I'm able to make it at all, I'm probably going to get to the gym at the last second... maybe it's not worth the risk of the 2hr drive each way just to get shut out of the game?  :'(
Wait, dunks are only worth two points?!?!!!? Why does anyone do them? - diehardfan
What are Parkers now supposed to chant after every NP vs WC game, "Let's go enjoy tobacco products off-campus? - Gregory Sager
We all read it, but we don't take anything you say seriously - Luke Kasten

RIP WheatonC

Gregory Sager

Quote from: diehardfan on February 27, 2006, 08:18:56 PMHeck... I just realized, if I'm able to make it at all, I'm probably going to get to the gym at the last second... maybe it's not worth the risk of the 2hr drive each way just to get shut out of the game?  :'(

Aw, c'mon, April, what kind of an attitude is that? You're the Lincoln of D3 fans (the school, not the president  ;)). To paraphrase Roger Miller and a song that was popular long before your time, you're the queen of the road. You're the one that we count upon to always go the extra mile to see any and every D3 game possible. Besides, it's the tournament.

I hate to see you turn into just another blase, unzealous oldster like the rest of us.  ;)
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

diehardfan

Lol... true... I wish I had no responsibilities like the good old days... basketball games every night of the week, in four states. :D Unfortunately, I am getting more conservative with the mileage on my car in my old age... okay, not really!  :D

Your issue isn't with me, it's with the Oxy or CMS fan who is going to steal my ticket.  :D  ;)
Wait, dunks are only worth two points?!?!!!? Why does anyone do them? - diehardfan
What are Parkers now supposed to chant after every NP vs WC game, "Let's go enjoy tobacco products off-campus? - Gregory Sager
We all read it, but we don't take anything you say seriously - Luke Kasten

RIP WheatonC

K.C.

Thank you, sir.  Looks like I'll be making a trip in the rain to get tickets tomorrow.

WestCoastWhiner

Committee sent a message loud and clear to the SCIAC with letting Oxy host: do something out of your conference to get our respect.  PC and Sagers have been telling us that for years on this thread, and I for one have weakly tried to dispute it with anecdotal evidence about the competitiveness of our teams.   Playing well against Biola, Azuza and within our conference just doesn't mean anything outside of the Southland.  And really, if you think about it, should it?  We just have to win those non-conference DIII games, the few and far between that they are.  When the snowbirds come out, we have to do what Oxy did to Amherst.  CMS had a great, great SCIAC.  But they haven't done ANYTHING outside of the conference except beating 2 strong Cali NAIA teams and Augsburg.  The rest of the nation doesn't care about that as much as the losses to Wash U, George Fox and Pacific.

Oxy beats Amherst, Whitworth and Chapman.  They get the national nod.  

Don't like it, too bad.  Beat a DIII team note outside of an hour away from your dorm room.  

Preview of SCIAC tourney is coming Thursday.  Should be exciting.  I'm sure CMS guys are mad that they were punked by the Committee.  And Oxy, well, it might be fun for to watch them ruin CMS's parade and then wait for the whining here on the thread about how they didn't deserve to have to travel on the road to the Rock.  Unfortunately for them, deserve has got nothing to do with it.
"I've won at every level, except grade school, junior high, high school and college."

fosheezie

WCW, good to be back, I just had my own little season to contend with.  But lets face it, CMS should be hosting this game.  I almost crapped my pants to hear that Oxy is hosting after losing 4 straight, let alone barely getting in.  The committee members must be from Chico or Thousand Oaks (GD), those dudes are smokin' some serious crack.  CMS will come out electric, and my prediction is this, and remember what THE Fosheezie says:

CMS:   54   OXY:  48

You heard it hear first.  Just sad to not see my Sagecocks involved in this next year....and oh yeah, if you are a guard as good as Knowles, you are gonna get the green light.  Who else is gonna score?  You don't take the ball out of your best players hands...you just ride his waves!

fosheezie

How the hell do I have a negative 1 Karma, that's some BS.  Are Patricia and Greggy still mad I punked them years ago.  Oh well!

Gregory Sager

That can't be THE Fosheezie. It may be A Fosheezie, but I'm going to need to see a driver's license and vehicle registration to prove that it's THE Fosheezie.

I don't smite. But I don't get punked, either.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Pat Coleman

Quote from: sciacguru on February 27, 2006, 05:08:31 PM
Quote from: OxyBob on February 27, 2006, 04:53:11 PM
Stags4Life:

>>What is the capacity of Oxy's gym?<<

Official capacity of Rush Gymnasium is 1,800.

OxyBob

It still isnt big enough for {DELETED}

This post does nothing to add to the conversation and only serves to bash a fellow poster. That's why I removed it the first time. It is not in accordance with the TOS.

Please don't re-repost it.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

blackhawks4

Fosheezie...that last comment may have made you my favorite poster on the board.  Unfortunately, I do have a feeling we aren't gonna be on good terms for long. 

Just wondering who's comin up from the SCIAC to Tacoma to get drilled.

Has Oxy really lost 4 in a row and they are hosting???Is that true?  For the sake of your conference...you better hope CMS wins.

Did Oxy really only beat Cal Tech by 14?  Shoot, I'm hopin' for CMS...just so it stays closer than 30.    

Logger fans are already booking their nonrefunadable flights to Wisconsin.

Hippies and basketball...thats what UPS does.

OXY Oswald

Quote from: blackhawks4 on February 28, 2006, 01:54:41 AM
Just wondering who's comin up from the SCIAC to Tacoma to get drilled.

Has Oxy really lost 4 in a row and they are hosting???Is that true?  For the sake of your conference...you better hope CMS wins.

Did Oxy really only beat Cal Tech by 14?  Shoot, I'm hopin' for CMS...just so it stays closer than 30.    
The Tigers are concentrating on the Stags right now, but I'm itching for a good reason to road trip up to Washington blackhawk.

Oxy dropped three at the end of their season. Redlands, CMS, and Pomona.

The Tigers beat Cal Tech 81-46.  Which if my math is correct is... carry the one.. yeah more than 14 points.

Can't wait 'til Thursday rolls around!

Go Tigers!
Go TIGERS!!!

Tough days for Tiger Football.

Liger Hoops

Quote from: OXY Oswald on February 28, 2006, 03:17:09 AM

The Tigers beat Cal Tech 81-46. Which if my math is correct is... carry the one.. yeah more than 14 points.

Our beloved Tiger beat the Techers by an awfully low 14 points on 2/1. I guess it was a foreshadowing of a rough month for the Tigers: Beat CIT by less than 30 (Although they were SO much better this year), drop 2 games at home and 2 more on the road. Luckily for us, February leaves us with a huge gift.