MBB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Oxy'03SalemPavers, March 10, 2005, 12:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Brady

Right on Fosheezie.  I was just wondering.  Interesting post as well as the use of "Wood-Spankers"   I like that one.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: OxyFan21 on March 02, 2006, 07:55:36 AM
Pat,
I have a question...if things fall right (for my perspective, anyways) for the Tigers and they manage to get out of the 1st weekend, and a bunch of other things go right, could there possibly be a regional @ Illinois Weslyan or perhaps UW-Whitewater?  I mean, I would think those two schools would meet whatever criteria the NCAA has for Regionals?

I had a dream last night that I was gassing up my car to head to one of those two places...It could be just a dream, but I'm just wondering.

I think it seems reasonable that the winner of the UWW regional would host the sectional, though if that's Carroll, I know nothing about their gym. Augustana is another good candidate. Puget Sound won't host b/c of geography and Lawrence seems too small to host.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Browneagle64

Game time is just around the corner at the Rock......

For those that will be attending the game, be ready for a huge screaming sea of bright oragne with some black. It should be awesome again to see the school's gym at Oxy at its highest capacity before the firemarshall rolls.

Both schools will be playing their strongest defensive game ever played so i expect it to be a low scoring game. However, in my opinion, Oxy's offense should be ready to get going again and produce far better results than what they were doing for the past five days. (Edge: Oxy wins big with their defense and moves up north)
Hope to see a lot of staggs coming out

Tigersports-------Eventhough, i'll be at the game, i wish the gym at Oxy had some system that would allow your play-by-play commentaries like you do for football...Go out and a fun and  great job in representing our school. I am sure the stagg fans on-line will like the broadcast. 

Go tigers
"Statistics are used much like a drunk uses a lamppost: for support, not illumination."--Vin Scully

"I don't really care," he said with an impish smile. "It's all about the Dodgers. I don't think anyone really watches hockey anymore.".....Tiger Woods

SpooH SreggoL

Rick, those of us in the northwest are interested in the OXY/CMS game, but as a wise man once told you . . . "its not THAT important".  The Loggers will roll regardless.  If you make it up to Tacoma, I hope you're ready . . .  this isnt the California Penal League!

OxyFan21

PC,
I'm looking way ahead, but I'm glad to see that Augustana, Whitewater and IWU are all within driving distance of St. Louis.

Even if Oxy is not involved, I may be down for a road trip just to watch more good basketball.

Thanks for the response.

OxyFan21

Quote from: SpooH SreggoL on March 02, 2006, 01:58:21 PM
Rick, those of us in the northwest are interested in the OXY/CMS game, but as a wise man once told you . . . "its not THAT important".  The Loggers will roll regardless.  If you make it up to Tacoma, I hope you're ready . . .  this isnt the California Penal League!

I don't think Oxy or CMS can ever be compard to the Penal League, though I do catch your drift.

dj_hyphen

^^somebody needs to re-watch the classic that is "major league"

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Pat Coleman on March 02, 2006, 12:14:08 PMI think it seems reasonable that the winner of the UWW regional would host the sectional, though if that's Carroll, I know nothing about their gym.

I remember Van Male Arena as being a real dump, but it's got plenty of space for additional bleachers (or at least it did under the configuration by which I remember it; I haven't been there since Carroll left the CCIW for the MWC fifteen years ago). I remember it holding maybe a thousand people. I noticed, though, that in the Lawrence @ Carroll box score from two weeks ago the attendance was listed at 1,800. I don't know if they put in extra bleachers for that game, or if the person manning the computer at the scorer's table was so drunk that he/she was seeing double, or what.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Pat Coleman

Quote from: OxyFan21 on March 02, 2006, 03:54:44 PM
Even if Oxy is not involved, I may be down for a road trip just to watch more good basketball.

Thanks for the response.

No problem. And you should absolutely do this. More fans should take the initiative to attend NCAA Tournament games even if their team isn't involved.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

diehardfan

Oh my gosh, I was just printing out stats to take with me to the Oxy game, since they didn't have a program the last game I attended. And there wasn't anything statwise that was a valid link! Nothing but season stats! Oh my gosh! How do you guys survive! How do you fully analyze a game result without stats? ??? ??? :o Argh!

CMS had the two games played previously by the two teams on THEIR website, fortunately, so I will come to tonights game fully armed. But seriously. You can't even keep stats for your own home games? Geeze... I'm starting to sympathize with how hard it is for the fans out here... not to mention a programs ability to recruit. God bless you all in the midst of your acute suffering, and thank God for Brett Marhanka!  :)

That's it, next year, I'm going to do some volunteer SIDing for someone.  ;)
Wait, dunks are only worth two points?!?!!!? Why does anyone do them? - diehardfan
What are Parkers now supposed to chant after every NP vs WC game, "Let's go enjoy tobacco products off-campus? - Gregory Sager
We all read it, but we don't take anything you say seriously - Luke Kasten

RIP WheatonC

Loggerville

Quote from: diehardfan on March 02, 2006, 05:55:33 PM
Oh my gosh, I was just printing out stats to take with me to the Oxy game, since they didn't have a program the last game I attended. And there wasn't anything statwise that was a valid link! Nothing but season stats! Oh my gosh! How do you guys survive! How do you fully analyze a game result without stats? ??? ??? :o Argh!

CMS had the two games played previously by the two teams on THEIR website, fortunately, so I will come to tonights game fully armed. But seriously. You can't even keep stats for your own home games? Geeze... I'm starting to sympathize with how hard it is for the fans out here... not to mention a programs ability to recruit. God bless you all in the midst of your acute suffering, and thank God for Brett Markanka!  :)

That's it, next year, I'm going to do some volunteer SIDing for someone.  ;)

DHF:  I hear ya....was looking to see what a low score at half was for these teams....have to assume this 22-12 is the worst for both teams this year!

Stags, really, 12 points?  wow.  and the radio guys are hammering your fans....tough first 20.

diehardfan

lol... logger... they heard you :D

the noise in here is incredible :O
Wait, dunks are only worth two points?!?!!!? Why does anyone do them? - diehardfan
What are Parkers now supposed to chant after every NP vs WC game, "Let's go enjoy tobacco products off-campus? - Gregory Sager
We all read it, but we don't take anything you say seriously - Luke Kasten

RIP WheatonC

Pat Coleman

Loggerville

Quote from: diehardfan on March 02, 2006, 10:57:12 PM
lol... logger... they heard you :D

DHF...are you at the game I take it?  Any comment on the guards of either of these squads?  curious how you think they would handle full-court pressure...sounds like it should be a good ending.  enjoy.  ;D