WBB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, March 14, 2005, 05:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olinemom

So tomorrow's the big BC EMU showdown and nobody is saying anything?  What is the problem?  Every time I look around at our games at Nininger, I see the EMU ladies waltzing in to watch us play.  Tomorrow they come for real.  I think it will be a good game.  I hope we stay focused because EMU has some potent weapons.  Stephanie Matthews--I've watched her play since 9th grade and she is terrific.  And there are several others that can be very damaging.  Go Eagles!!
Brownies for Film Day--Now there's a Slogan I can live with!!!:)  Go EAGLES!

valleybballfan

In regards to the post about giving Caroline Wesley no resect, that is not true. My picks were simply for the first team, and if I would have ventured further to give any second team picks, Wesley would definitely be a top candidate. I have seen Lynchburg play once, and that was actually the W & L game. Wesley did play limited minutes because of foul trouble, so I did not get a good look at her. Hunsinger still came up with a double-double (13 pts. and 10 rebounds) and she played very good defense (2 blocks).

I think Wesley is without a doubt a terrific player, Stephanie Tobey is doing an excellent job as a first year coach, and that Lynchburg is having a much better season then a lot of people thought they would have, (6-9 4-6). Turner Gym is turning out to be a tough place to play as the Hornets are now 5-3 at home. Good luck today against Guilford. That should be a good game!

I agree with you, onlinemom. I have seen EMU players on several occasions at Bridgewater games, and yes, today they are coming in for real. This game in recent years has received more hype because it has been typically two of the best teams in the ODAC playing. I am not saying anything against EMU, they are an excellent team and are very dangerous, they proved that against VWC. However, if Bridgewater plays the ball game the way they are capable of playing it, I think this game will go in the Eagles' favor. I am just cheering for a good game on both sides of the court. Good luck today!

Olinemom

If we play our "A" we will have no problem, but we need 2 halfs of good bball, not just 1.  Go Lady Eagles!!
Brownies for Film Day--Now there's a Slogan I can live with!!!:)  Go EAGLES!

fairmont1113

Definitely. If the Eagles play their "A" game it won't be a contest. BC came out very sloppy against W&L and got off to a slow start before pulling away in the second half. I don't think the Eagles can do that today against EMU. EMU has a lot of weapons and are a team with potential. Hopefully BC will come out firing on all cylinders and put this game away early. Go Eagles!

valleybballfan

If anyone has any information on any of the games that went on today, let us know. Thanks!

GAVA

Quote from: whitecaylxx on January 19, 2006, 11:28:12 AM
Okay odacbballfan - I'll help you out.  It does seem pretty evident that Macon tries to pad Silva's stats. 

Does Silva lead the league in minutes played per game? If not this is all just jealous grumbling.

Matt Barnhart (kid)

Bridgewater 77
Eastern Mennonites 61

Final

It just ended here in Nininger Hall ... Marsha Kinder (BC) was on fire tonight ... not certain about her stat line, but it was near perfect it seemed.  BC was up 41-26 at the half, and I believe EMU got no closer than 12 points in the second half.
Former Publisher of BridgewaterFootball.com

Pat Coleman

Hollins' Colby Wilmer appears to be leading the ODAC in minutes per game at 39.5.
Guilford's Jennifer King, 38.6
RMWC's Sara Rechnitzer, 37.2
Hollins' LeAnn Woodley, 36.9
Bridgewater's Katy Herr, 35.5
RMWC's Meghan Stensrud, 34.8
W&L's Kristen Krouchick, 34.3
RMWC's Lianna Carrera, 34.0
Megan Silva, 33.3
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

GAVA

Quote from: Pat Coleman on January 21, 2006, 07:06:24 PM
Hollins' Colby Wilmer appears to be leading the ODAC in minutes per game at 39.5.
Guilford's Jennifer King, 38.6
RMWC's Sara Rechnitzer, 37.2
Hollins' LeAnn Woodley, 36.9
Bridgewater's Katy Herr, 35.5
RMWC's Meghan Stensrud, 34.8
W&L's Kristen Krouchick, 34.3
RMWC's Lianna Carrera, 34.0
Megan Silva, 33.3

Good job Pat. Was getting ready to post same. Things are always clearer using facts instead of emotions. Silva is 9th in playing time, 1st in scoring. If we want to point at padding we might want to look at someone like Guilford. King is 2nd in playing time and 2nd in scoring.

emufan

I don't think comparing playing time and points is a good way to decide if a player is padding their stats.  It depends on the game itself. 1)  If a team is up by thirty and your best player is still in the game shooting the ball like it is a close game, than that is padding your stats. 2)If a team is in a bunch of close games, and you are the best player, than you better be in the game taking the 'big' shots. 

Just comparing playing time and pts isn't a good way to evaluate stat padding.

odacbballfan

WOW Finally a voice of reason, thanks EMUfan because I really don't think people are even trying to understand the original point. It's not the amount of minutes (Which if you look at it is filled mostly, I SAID MOSTLEY!!!! With girls from teams with not only losing records but with teams with only 8 dressed players!!! So you can't really count them at least in my opinion) Back to the point, we aren't talking about the minutes played just about when they are played. For example, Megan Silva played only 1 more minute today (40) in a close hard fought 10 point win over Roanoke then she did (39) in the 30 point blowout of VWC....Speaking of which, VWC beat Hollins today 93-44 and no one played over 20 minutes all 13 players on the roster played double digit minuets and all 13 scored.... no report on the web site if they knocked anyone to the ground and refused to help them up... Congratulations to the EAGLES with a big win over EMU at home, maybe the Royals should have taken some more notes during all those times they came to watch BC play.. (Sorry EMUFAN  ;) but thanks for the logic on the pt topic   ;D )

GAVA

Quote from: emufan on January 21, 2006, 11:02:52 PM
I don't think comparing playing time and points is a good way to decide if a player is padding their stats.  It depends on the game itself. 1)  If a team is up by thirty and your best player is still in the game shooting the ball like it is a close game, than that is padding your stats. 2)If a team is in a bunch of close games, and you are the best player, than you better be in the game taking the 'big' shots. 

Lets see...like Guilford eating Thiel by 20 and King playing all 40 minutes?

GAVA

Quote from: emufan on January 21, 2006, 11:02:52 PM

Like Guilford beating Thiel by 20 and King playing all 40 minutes?o

GAVA

or Kerr playing 38 minutes as BC beats W&L by 25

GAVA

or Herr playing 35 minutes the second game BC beats W&L by 25 ???

The fact is if RM wanted to pad Silva's stats she would be playing alot more than 33 minutes a game.