WBB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, March 14, 2005, 05:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremybozz

BC came out and won in the first 7 minutes. Kinder came out on fire from 3 point range. The rest of the game was pretty even.
  It is time for BC to get some top 25 votes now.

odacbballfan

Jennifer King is playing 40 min on a Guilford team that is dressing 8 (E I G H T) players, 2 of which or freshmen that were not on the roster first semester but because some players did not come back they added two bodies to fill uniforms. If you have a chance to watch this team warm up, you can find the new additions pretty easy, they are the ones that can't walk and chew gum at the same time...... The Quakers are 4-10 So I am sure they were excited just to be in the lead of a ball game. Silva is averaging 33 on a team that has a +21 scoring margin. And I am going to say publicly that I think that stat is padded, I think she averages more than that. Its funny how she doesn't seem to be in the games at home as long as she does on the road even in blow outs.. Maybe a little help from the SID there trying not to make the numbers look so inflated....Just a conspiracy theory that I thought would be fun to toss out there...And yes I will agree that sometimes Herr may stay in a game longer than needed as well. But to compare Jennifer King and her Situation and anyone at Hollins or RMWC and their playing time is absurd. That is just not comparable.

GAVA

Quote from: odacbballfan on January 22, 2006, 08:08:49 AM
And I am going to say publicly that I think that stat is padded, I think she averages more than that. Its funny how she doesn't seem to be in the games at home as long as she does on the road even in blow outs.. Maybe a little help from the SID there trying not to make the numbers look so inflated...

:D :D :D lol....there you go wandering away again from the land of reality and facts. Quick go find Nurse Ratched so you don't miss your morning meds.

GAVA

Quote from: Jeremybozz on January 22, 2006, 07:24:52 AM
  BC came out and won in the first 7 minutes. Kinder came out on fire from 3 point range. The rest of the game was pretty even.

Not with 4 losses.

odacbballfan

Ok first of all it must be nice to have played 10 of your 14 first games at home. Ok here are the umbers:
10 games at home record of 9-1 Average minutes played 32.4, average points 21.2, +23.8 scoring margin vs teams. On the road in only 4 games 3-1 37.25 min per game, 21.25 points per game +17 scoring margin.... BUT ODACBBALLFAN those numbers are so skewed by the double overtime game at BC. Ok lets take that one out 33.6 min per game 18.3 points per game average scoring margin +23.3. Looks like Silva needs a lot more min on the road to score the same amount she does at home, or maybe she just plays just as much at home but it is hidden.... MAN IS THIS FUN OR WHAT HAHAHAHA

hoopstermom

Someone make a note on the front page when all the talk about padded stats ends on this board.....then I'll be back to read again.    :'(

Matt Barnhart (kid)

Quote from: Jeremybozz on January 22, 2006, 07:24:52 AM

Even if we finished the year with only four losses, we still won't receive a vote.  It's tough to in the that poll.  There is still a 14-1 Muhlenberg team (atop the Centennial Conference standings) who hasn't received a vote yet.
Former Publisher of BridgewaterFootball.com

valleybballfan

Quote from: hoopstermom on January 22, 2006, 11:29:45 AM
Someone make a note on the front page when all the talk about padded stats ends on this board.....then I'll be back to read again. :'(

I agree with you, hoopstermom, all this talk is a little ridiculous. I don't really feel like talking about this topic, but I do want to set something straight. Katy Herr is left in the game not to pad her stats, she is left in the game because BC really does not have much depth at the point position. Herr is second on the team in shots taken, and she has only taken five shots more then Scales and 27 shots more the Childs.

Coach Willi leaves Herr out there to control the game. From the times I have seen the Eagles play, BC needs Herr out there! Herr is a point guard, she was 18th in the league in scoring the last time I checked. She is not left in the game to pad her stats, she stays in there to control the tempo of the game.

RMC has more depth at Silva's position to play around with, but this is Silva's last year, so let her run wild! I feel like that will benefit the ODAC for next year. RMC will truly miss Silva, I do not RMC will have anyone with shoes big enough to fill Silva's. She is an amazing player, and when you have a player like that, you use her. They rely on her so heavily, that next year Coach LaHaye will have quite a challenge in molding a non-Silva team together.

odacbballfan

Quote from: hoopstermom on January 22, 2006, 11:29:45 AM
Someone make a note on the front page when all the talk about padded stats ends on this board.....then I'll be back to read again.    :'(

Are you kidding me this is the best topic that has been on this board in a long time. just look at the conversation it has brought, and it's all true which makes it even better  :o

Jeremybozz

Clark 11-4
Thomas More 13-5
UW Oshkosh 14-4
Wilmington 12-5

I did not say the BC ladies were a top 25 team. I said they do deserve a few votes as some other teams with 4 and 5 losses have gotten. BC is perhaps a top 40 team on the Women's side.

Pat Coleman

odacbballfan:

You can't pad minutes, especially on a point guard. If the stat crew were to, for whatever reason you want to conjur up, check her out of the game while she was still in, who would get point guard stats while she was out?

The mere size of your sample makes your comparison ridiculous. Is a three-game average statistically reliable? No way.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Jeremybozz

I know Oshkosh is in a very tough league but for those 3 other teams my comparison is valid.

GAVA

Quote from: Jeremybozz on January 22, 2006, 01:06:15 PM
Clark 11-4
Thomas More 13-5
UW Oshkosh 14-4
Wilmington 12-5

I did not say the BC ladies were a top 25 team. I said they do deserve a few votes as some other teams with 4 and 5 losses have gotten. BC is perhaps a top 40 team on the Women's side.

agree with you there...you would think they would get a couple votes

Pat Coleman

Let's see -- other than UW-Oshkosh, which you already admit is worthy because of the strength of the WIAC, none of those teams had that many losses entering the week. All have lost this week, one of them twice.

Talk about comparing apples and oranges. When those teams were voted on, last Monday, they did not have those records. And I would be surprised if Thomas More and Clark got any votes at all next week.

So compare Bridgewater to teams that aren't going to get votes tomorrow if you like. That doesn't help Bridgewater's cause much.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Jeremybozz

The reality is that Wilmington and Thomas More did enter the week with 4 losses each and both got a few top 25 votes. If the BC women do not get any votes this week (you could make a case either way) they will after they defeat Hollins and Lynchburg this week.