WBB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, March 14, 2005, 05:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAVA

Quote from: onesealteam on February 23, 2006, 04:54:34 PM
The first game is always the toughest for R-MC during tourney time.  They should get their feet on the ground and play a good game against Guilford...they need to because Ellis and King had stellar games, it looks like Ellis had one of her games where she just takes over!

#5 Guilford 71 #4 EMU 47

Guilford hasn't matched up well against RMC this year. Both games were 82-45. W & L on the other hand only lost by 10 the first time this season against the Yellow Jackets.

GAVA

Quote from: jmill on February 23, 2006, 11:19:56 AM
GAVA,
Once again I ask, what IS your purpose in this room?  You very seldom bring anything constructive to this site. 

You on the other hand, seem to be here everyday trying to put down VWC any possible way you can.

You are kidding, right? I have 100 posts on this board with maybe a dozen pertaining to the marlins unsportsmanlike style. You on the other hand have posted 7 times, all to me I believe. :o :o :o

RMCAlum30

Roanoke - 66, VWC - 50... looks like this is shaping up to be a VERY interesting tournament.
My picks for tomorrow are R-MC (obviously  :P) and Roanoke.
Thank goodness class is over at 12:30 and I can listen to the games!!!  ;D  ;D
"You have to perform at a consistently higher level than others. That's the mark of a true professional."
~ Joe Paterno

GAVA

Quote from: odacbballfan on January 22, 2006, 06:46:31 PM
.....right up unitil Macon gets beat in the ODAC tournament., then know somewhere i will be sitting in the stands smiling patting my own back.

:D  The party that will never get started. Bye marlins.

GAVA

Quote from: RMCAlum30 on February 23, 2006, 10:03:23 PM
Roanoke - 66, VWC - 50... looks like this is shaping up to be a VERY interesting tournament.

I will take RMC and BC. My crystal ball says that match up gets ODAC two teams in the nationals. ;)

RMCAlum30

Quote from: GAVA on February 23, 2006, 10:15:36 PM
I will take RMC and BC. My crystal ball says that match up gets ODAC two teams in the nationals. ;)

Good point... having two ODAC teams would be GREAT for the reputation of the ODAC on a national scale... guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens!  8)
"You have to perform at a consistently higher level than others. That's the mark of a true professional."
~ Joe Paterno

fairmont1113

Great job to the Eagles! Every single girl on the roster scored but one player. Every player got to play! Always love when that can happen! It was just a great, well-balanced game by BC. I am sorry that the Eagles will not get to see VWC again, because I am confident that they would run all over the Marlins. Guess we will have to wait until next year.

VWC lost for the same reason that has shot them in the foot all year, their horrid shooting percentage. The Marlins were only 28% from the field. They seem to play great defense, but struggle to get it done offensivley. Still, a great season for the Marlins.

My picks....BC AND RMC (rematch from 2005!!!)

I would love to see two ODAC schools represented in the NCAA tournament! If BC gets to the championship, there is a very good chance we will see two teams! When was the last time that happened?

GAVA

Quote from: fairmont1113 on February 23, 2006, 10:31:24 PM

VWC lost for the same reason that has shot them in the foot all year, their horrid shooting percentage. The Marlins were only 28% from the field. They seem to play great defense, but struggle to get it done offensivley. Still, a great season for the Marlins.

My picks....BC AND RMC (rematch from 2005!!!)

I would love to see two ODAC schools represented in the NCAA tournament! If BC gets to the championship, there is a very good chance we will see two teams! When was the last time that happened?

Two ODAC teams will be great. Both just need to take care of business tomorrow. VWC coach deserves coach of the year.
Great job with a team with medium talent and some attitude problems. I don't know how long she will stay in D III. After asst coach jobs at Divs I & II, I think VWC will prove to be just a stop on the way to a head coach position at a higher division.   

hasanova

Good job, Quakers!  Congratulations.  Give it your best on Friday and let's see what happens!

Llamaguy

Quote from: RMCAlum30 on February 23, 2006, 10:03:23 PM

Well BC beat Roanoke by 14 at home and 21 at Roanoke. I don't see a let down tomorrow, BC is on a mission.   

BC       75
Roanoke 56
"The Dali Llama"

Bridgewater Football 1980,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005 ODAC Champions!

GAVA

Quote from: fairmont1113 on February 22, 2006, 08:28:59 AM

ODAC Quarterfinals
No. 1 RMC vs. No. 8 W&L (12:30)
No. 4. EMU vs. No. 5 GC (2:30)
No. 2 BC vs. No, 7 E&H (6:00)
No. 3. VWC vs. No 6. RC (8:00)

Very impressive Fairmont. You are the only one to nail all the games yesterday. ;D

hasanova

FYI - With 21 points vs EMU yesterday, Jennifer King is now in 2nd place at Guilford for points in a season.  King's 585 surpassed the 584 scored by Brenda Davis in 1992-93, while Laura Haynes (1997-98) holds 1st at 679.

Old School Marlin

Awesome season VWC - despite all the trash talk, which in my opinion shouldn't be tolerated on this board, you proved yourself on the court and played with a ton of heart!  Roanoke is a hard team to play in Roanoke - but next year should bring great things.  Congrats to Coach Dunmyer on coach of the year- totally deserved.  Like most of the people on this board who love ODAC basketball and don't feel the need to start a hate campaign against certain schools, I'm cheering on all the teams from here on out.  Great season and good luck!  ;D
Leakedog

onesealteam

Today's matchup between R-MC and Guilford, should be a win for R-MC!

Guilford hasn't matched up well against RMC this year. Both games were 82-45. W & L on the other hand only lost by 10 the first time this season against the Yellow Jackets.

GAVA, I disagree with you in that, YES R-MC should easily beat Guilford, but ODAC tournament time is different that game time.  Some players that haven't done anything all season can come to play, and players that have played well can shut down! Now that said, I think as long as Silva and Orton get their double digits, and R-MC's stellar defense (Kristen Morgan) makes sure that no other player besides King (she is going to get her points) and Ellis get double digits, they will get the "W."!!

Also, RMCALUM30 picked Roanoke over Bridgewater, because like me, we know that something happens to Roanoke when they enter the Salem Civic Center. Bridgewater might me "on a mission" but Roanoke turns it up a notch during tourney time, might have something to do with every single student from Roanoke being in the Civic Center, and the rest of the teams having an average of 10 fans! :-\

"ONLY THOSE WHO RISK GOING TOO FAR, CAN POSSIBLY FIND OUT HOW FAR THEY CAN GO"....T.S. ELIOT

Jacketlawyer

Silva's number ought to be retired.  I don't think R-M has ever done that before, but they should consider it.

Strike that.  They shouldn't consider it-they should just do it.
" and do as adversaries do in law, strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends." -The Taming of the Shrew