WBB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, March 14, 2005, 05:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAVA

Quote from: Jacketlawyer link=topic=1077.msg494211#msg494211   I think she could've played DI somewhere, but we were lucky (no, blessed) that she came to R-M.
quote]

Sure she could have. The next point guard behind her out of Hermitage High is playing DI. And of course after that one came Hiltunen who will someday take Silva's place as floor general.

GAVA

Quote from: > on February 25, 2006, 05:37:55 PM

more people would pay attention to her at the D3 level than they would in the wnba.

Not sure I understand what you mean? Would she be as dominating in the WNBA? Of course not.
Would she be more widely known if she was a WNBA player playing in nationally televised games? Of course.

mybleedinghands

Quote from: GAVA on February 25, 2006, 05:54:19 PM
Quote from: > on February 25, 2006, 05:37:55 PM

more people would pay attention to her at the D3 level than they would in the wnba.

Not sure I understand what you mean? Would she be as dominating in the WNBA? Of course not.
Would she be more widely known if she was a WNBA player playing in nationally televised games? Of course.

The point of the post is that no one cares about the WNBA and that its a second rate league at best.

GAVA

Quote from: > on February 25, 2006, 05:58:45 PM

The point of the post is that no one cares about the WNBA and that its a second rate league at best.

Second rate to what? It is the only option for a woman to make a living playing basketball. The best college graduates go every year. I watch the WNBA as do many other fans of women's basketball. ( Of course I must admit I also watch college, HS, middle school....lol ;D)

onesealteam

Fantastic Job today RMC Yellow Jackets! Silva is just a measily 10 points away from the ODAC scoring record! (According to my calculations)! Thanks for making it another exciting year in women's basketball in the ODAC!

So, since there are so many brilliant d3 basketball people on this board...When do the NCAA's post the bracket? With their record will they most likely get to host the game at Crenshaw? I can't remember all the logistics of last year??

"ONLY THOSE WHO RISK GOING TOO FAR, CAN POSSIBLY FIND OUT HOW FAR THEY CAN GO"....T.S. ELIOT

mybleedinghands

Quote from: GAVA on February 25, 2006, 06:05:18 PM
Quote from: > on February 25, 2006, 05:58:45 PM

Second rate to what? It is the only option for a woman to make a living playing basketball. The best college graduates go every year. I watch the WNBA as do many other fans of women's basketball. ( Of course I must admit I also watch college, HS, middle school....lol ;D)

second rate to other professional leagues and even college!

fairmont1113

Great job to BC and to RMC!!! Definitely the best two teams in the ODAC! Two teams who would do a great job representing the ODAC on a national level (lets hope!?!). For those of you who are chomping at the bit to find anything out about the NCAA tournament, nothing will be known until tomorrow evening about Bridgewater's chances. Hopefully Coach Willi and the Eagles will know something by around 6:00 pm.

hoopstermom

Just got home from the game!  RMC played shut down defense against the Eagles.  The refs were pretty tough on RMC in the 1st half though -  BC was in double bonus with 11 minutes to play still in the 1st half because they were calling the game so close.

They shut down Marsh Kinder from outside.  She killed Roanoke in the 2nd half of their game with 3's.  She didn't make one against RMC today.

(BTW, RMC' defense held King to 9 points in the semi final game yesterday.)

BC is a tough, very good team.  Katy Herr was everywhere.  I hope they get a bid to the tourney.  They knock out some teams and make the ODAC look good.

Can't wait to watch Silva and the Jackets play again.

GAVA

Quote from: fairmont1113 on February 25, 2006, 07:44:45 PM
Great job to BC and to RMC!!! Definitely the best two teams in the ODAC! Two teams who would do a great job representing the ODAC on a national level (lets hope!?!). For those of you who are chomping at the bit to find anything out about the NCAA tournament, nothing will be known until tomorrow evening about Bridgewater's chances. Hopefully Coach Willi and the Eagles will know something by around 6:00 pm.

Best of luck to the Eagles ! They certainly deserve a bid. :)

heinbball

Just wanted to post some comments on an Outstanding tournament:

First off congratulations to RMC for winning and Silva was indeed very impressive.

BC- Very good team and I hope they get in but the lose to VWC and Ogelthorpe will hurt their chances. Katy Herr was outstanding and a pleasure to watch play. She gave it all she had today.

Roanoke- They will be very tough next year. They played a great tournament and gave BC all that they wanted. They only lose two guards and Hanson will be back. And they always play well in the Civic Center.

Last but not least. As a fan of the game many Kudos go out to some of the fine seniors who played their final games this week. They have been a joy to watch play over the last 4 years and made the ODAC a league that is respected.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: eh ... just call me 'kid' on February 22, 2006, 07:03:06 PM
Nice to see Bridgewater No. 6 in the latest NCAA Regional rankings at 20-5 in the region.

Question for Pat;

Clearly I want and think the Eagles could win the ODAC tournament, but let's say they lose in the final, finishing 22-6.  What are their chances of making the tournament field?

I don't frequent every board every day, sorry.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Llamaguy

Pat says Bridgewater is in (fairly handily). 

See the front page of the projections.
"The Dali Llama"

Bridgewater Football 1980,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005 ODAC Champions!

fairmont1113

BRIDGEWATER IS DANCING!!!!!

Two ODAC teams in the NCAAs!!!!!

Matt Barnhart (kid)

Quote from: fairmont1113 on February 26, 2006, 10:04:55 PM
BRIDGEWATER IS DANCING!!!!!

Two ODAC teams in the NCAAs!!!!!

WOOHOO!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D
Former Publisher of BridgewaterFootball.com

Llamaguy

Ok Kid,

When does the train leave for Macon or Mary Washington?  ;D ;D ;D

Im going!
"The Dali Llama"

Bridgewater Football 1980,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005 ODAC Champions!