WBB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, March 14, 2005, 05:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

odacbballfan

VWC 107 Hollins 22

What can you say, all 13 Marlins scored. I didn't se the whole game but  VWC was trying to play subs and early and often. The problem with that is that VWC is used to playing a lot of people anyway so its not like they are subbing in kids that dont know how to play. Coach Wagner is a better person than I am for being able to not lose his mind. Hard to watch..........

Pray4Surf

All the VWC players played,  the most anyone played was 24 mins. Every player played at least 11 mins. Good game all around for the marlins.
"If you burn your neighbors house down, it doesn't make your house look any better."

Lou Holtz

huskiect

RC can be a hard team and I see BC found that when you come out cold it is hard to get back in it. That Happened to VWC this year when they played BC. I find it funny how few people talked about the BC loss. I see VWC just getting stronger. While they will lose 4 seniors this year they have a lot left in the cabinet. Coach Dunmyer is buliding a program that will be strong for years. 

Matt Barnhart (kid)

Quote from: huskiect on January 15, 2007, 10:29:35 AM
RC can be a hard team and I see BC found that when you come out cold it is hard to get back in it. That Happened to VWC this year when they played BC. I find it funny how few people talked about the BC loss. I see VWC just getting stronger. While they will lose 4 seniors this year they have a lot left in the cabinet. Coach Dunmyer is buliding a program that will be strong for years. 

Actually, the BC-RC game was very different from the BC-VWC one.

BC came out cold against RC (got down 18-2), was down 51-32 with 14 minutes left in the game, but got it within one point (64-63) with five minutes remaining in the game.

In the BC-VWC game, the Marlins actually had a 16-8 lead with 11 minutes left in the first half.  It was their second-half shooting (24%) that doomed them.  Credit whatever you want; poor shooting, the Eagles defense.  Either way, the Eagles finished strong in both the RC and VWC games.
Former Publisher of BridgewaterFootball.com

GAVA

Quote from: huskiect on January 15, 2007, 10:29:35 AM

I think it is early yet to figure who has what. Most of the big games between the top teams are next month.

GAVA

Quote from: vwcbeachbum on January 13, 2007, 07:17:22 PM
VWC 107 Hollins 22

What can you say, all 13 Marlins scored. I didn't se the whole game but  VWC was trying to play subs and early and often. The problem with that is that VWC is used to playing a lot of people anyway so its not like they are subbing in kids that dont know how to play. Coach Wagner is a better person than I am for being able to not lose his mind. Hard to watch..........

Hey, and you get to play a replay again this week......such fun ! ;D

Jeremybozz

I will be at the EMU at BC game Tuesday. It should be a great game.

Matt Barnhart (kid)

Halftime scores:

Bridgewater 43
Eastern Mennonite 31

Randolph-Macon 35
Washington & Lee 24

Virginia Wesleyan 36
Lynchburg 20

Llamaguy

"The Dali Llama"

Bridgewater Football 1980,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005 ODAC Champions!

GAVA

Quote from: Matt Barnhart (kid) on January 16, 2007, 07:49:04 PM
Halftime scores:

Bridgewater 43
Eastern Mennonite 31

Randolph-Macon 35
Washington & Lee 24

Virginia Wesleyan 36
Lynchburg 20

all 3 win, no surprises

fairmont1113

EMU proved to be a very tough team, a team that only has one senior and will be very good in the future. They play very aggressive and shoot the ball well.

Katy Herr Lovell had a huge night scoring 26 points and recording 9 steals. She just took the ball over scoring 8 points during a pivotal BC run in the middle of the second half where she hit back-to-back three pointers.

hoopstermom

I didn't get to listen or watch, but box scores show Lindsay Riesbeck scoring 26 points in 21 minutes of play in RMC- W&L game. 

She was named ODAC player of the week two weeks in a row (Jan 2 and Jan 8).  As only a sophomore, she's shown great composure and seems to be continuing to step up her role on the RMC squad as a leader this year.

She's one to watch.

Matt Barnhart (kid)

Quote from: fairmont1113 on January 16, 2007, 09:48:36 PM
Katy Herr Lovell had a huge night scoring 26 points and recording 9 steals. She just took the ball over scoring 8 points during a pivotal BC run in the middle of the second half where she hit back-to-back three pointers.

Funny thing is, Bridgewater came into this game ranked No. 3 in the nation in free throw percentage at 78.5%, and tonight they were 25-for-29 from the charity stripe.  The four misses?  Herr Lovell, who was 8-for-12, came into the game hitting 86.4%.

Even so, for a pass-first-shoot-second guard, a career high 26 points (could/should have been 30) against your arch rival is all-american material.

Matt Barnhart (kid)

Quote from: hoopstermom on January 16, 2007, 09:59:38 PM
I didn't get to listen or watch, but box scores show Lindsay Riesbeck scoring 26 points in 21 minutes of play in RMC- W&L game. 

She was named ODAC player of the week two weeks in a row (Jan 2 and Jan 8).  As only a sophomore, she's shown great composure and seems to be continuing to step up her role on the RMC squad as a leader this year.

She's one to watch.

Yeah, she's playing some excellent ball for the Jackets.  But how about Molly Ariail?  Two of the better sixth women in the country (production wise) could be in the ODAC, in R-MC's Ariail and BC's Jessica Timberlake.

Ariail is averaging 12 points, 8.4 rebounds, and 2.0 blocks in the Jackets' first 11 games. Timberlake is averaging 10.6 points, 3.0 rebounds, 2.4 steals, and 2.1 assists in 14 games.  Neither has started a contest (yet).

Always a good sign for a team when you have that kind of production coming off the bench.

I was also really impressed with VWC's Tonia Jones when the Marlins came to Bridgewater.  On the year, she's averaging 9.7 points, 3.7 rebounds and 1.9 steals.  She also hasn't started a game.

odacbballfan

Quote from: Matt Barnhart (kid) on January 16, 2007, 10:23:30 PM
I was also really impressed with VWC's Tonia Jones when the Marlins came to Bridgewater.  On the year, she's averaging 9.7 points, 3.7 rebounds and 1.9 steals.  She also hasn't started a game.

WHAT? Some love from the kid for VW ;) I agree that Ariail is going to be good. I really Don't remember Riesbeck from the VWC game but that doesn't mean much I don't remember what I had for dinner last night either.  Marlins looked sloppy tonight, 1st half was really bad....... Man, I was doing so well but here goes my karma drop for the night...... Lynchburg is bad, they have some players that look like they have some talent, Caroline Wesley of course is good, but over all as a unit they are not that good. A lot of one on one offense, no real ball handlers, and not a real grasp of what they are doing. A lot of work to do there.........