BB: UMAC: Upper Midwest Athletic Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, February 11, 2006, 02:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggio34

paulisdeadman

One of the craziest games I have ever listened too. Bethany wins even though Schweke (sp?) Hits a guy, walks a guy, hits a guy, walks a run in...al in the bottom of the 10th. Final 10-9

biggio34

BaseballFan

CSS has to win 3 in a row today, still have 2 of their top 3 pitchers left but are going to need their entire bullpen to throw 27 innings today.

BigPoppa

Quote from: BaseballFan on May 08, 2009, 09:39:09 AM
CSS has to win 3 in a row today, still have 2 of their top 3 pitchers left but are going to need their entire bullpen to throw 27 innings today.

Time to find out if CSS is the real deal. Anyone have a game schedule for today?
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

biggio34

Quote from: BigPoppa on May 08, 2009, 10:16:07 AM

Time to find out if CSS is the real deal. Anyone have a game schedule for today?

Game 1: CSS vs. Northwestern @ 1:00
Game 2: WINNER vs Bethany @ 4:00
Gam3:  If necessary @ 7:00

My take -

Game 1: CSS beats Northwestern and is able to save pitching to get by them.

Game 2: CSS beats Bethany.  Kummet vs. Johnson ??

Game 3:  Who wants to get to the regional more?

Throw in an umpiring crew that is suspect at best and you have the makings for the most memorable UMAC tournament ever.

Side note... When players and fans from both teams have no idea where your strike zone is, I think it's time to consider stepping aside from umpiring and tyring something else.

BigPoppa

Quote from: biggio34 on May 08, 2009, 10:32:05 AM

If CSS makes it to the third game, when do they eat today?
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

biggio34

Quote from: BigPoppa on May 08, 2009, 11:04:10 AM

Eat?  Who eats during post season tourney time?  Also, based on all the runners they left on late in the game last night, I'm not so sure they deserve to eat.

BaseballFan

Quote from: BigPoppa on May 08, 2009, 11:04:10 AM

Between innings?

I agree the umpires were brutal both ways, time to retire i think.

CSS offense needs to get going. They only had 1 hit in the last four innings after chasing their ace from the game. There is no excuse for not stepping up and delivering a hit.

Probably save Kummet and Gerten for the last 2 games and get by with maybe Lewis in the first game against Northwestern.

BaseballFan

Its been a long time that the UMAC has been at the top of the midwest message board and when i say a long time i mean never.

paulisdeadman

Ouch, looks like Bethany might have run out of arms.  Im all about proving a point but scoring 30 on anyone to me shows no class IMHO.

BaseballFan

Quote from: paulisdeadman on May 08, 2009, 07:45:20 PM
Ouch, looks like Bethany might have run out of arms.  Im all about proving a point but scoring 30 on anyone to me shows no class IMHO.

Pretty harsh words to call one of the classiest programs out there especially when you arent there to see it. It would of been more disrespectful to go up there and bunt. Sometimes these things happen and it is what it is. If Bethany had a problem with it then one of their pitchers should of got some outs.

So my advice to you is just be careful about what you are saying especially throwing such terms out against a highly respected program.

Nice rebound by CSS. Bethany definately have the offensive fire power to compete in a regional but lack the pitching depth and defense.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: BaseballFan on May 09, 2009, 01:45:50 AM
Quote from: paulisdeadman on May 08, 2009, 07:45:20 PM

Pretty harsh words to call one of the classiest programs out there especially when you arent there to see it. It would of been more disrespectful to go up there and bunt. Sometimes these things happen and it is what it is. If Bethany had a problem with it then one of their pitchers should of got some outs.

So my advice to you is just be careful about what you are saying especially throwing such terms out against a highly respected program.

Nice rebound by CSS. Bethany definately have the offensive fire power to compete in a regional but lack the pitching depth and defense.
I agree about the 30 runs not being a run-up.

The game on Friday was a DH.  You use your arms and players constructively.  When that first game is out of hand, then you consider how much "gas your players" have in their tanks for the second.

Consdier this, if you are the BLC coach do you send out a certain pitcher to mess up the rhythm of the CSS batters in the first game, hoping that it carries over into the second?

Give the ball to the knuckleball thrower!   :D

paulisdeadman

You are probably right in that the use of the word class was a little harsh and I apologize. By know means was that a knock at the CSS players, I wouldnt have not hit either.   I was just surprised that the coach waited until he was up 24 to 1 to start taking out some of the starters.  I know that you said that Bethany has firepower but as demoralized as the Vikings were I doubt they were going to rally off 24 runs.  It just seems to me that a game like that is an excellent oppurtunity to get your bench some AB's in a conference title game.  I wish the Saints the best, I would love to see a National Championship come from the UMAC.  Good Luck Saints and great season Vikings!

schmolph

CSS simply did what champions do and that is win when they had to. They did not run up the score but did give Bethany the beating of their lives. I f any team showed little class it was the Vikings(pitcher waving goodbye at the batter after striking him out) however their swagger was knocked out of them by the Saints with 2 solid Ws. Go Saints.Josh Hawkins was fantastic in relief and throttled the potent Viking offense as did Kummet in game one.