BB: CCIW: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by RedmenFB44, January 05, 2006, 12:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The General Public

Quote from: Thunder11 on April 20, 2011, 11:40:27 PM

There are sure a lot of definitive "nots" and statements in your opinions "The General Public" (unless you have a clear view of the future?) and analysis. You may well end up being right about Wheaton, but fortunately they still have to play the games. And by the way who are the top 4 most talented teams in the conference. That is right, no one knows yet do they. For sure Wheaton is the 6th best team in the conference as of today. I guess we will all have to let the young men we root for, play it out on the field. One game at a time..... starting tomorrow!

Step 1...Complete.

Wheaton loses to NCC 4-2 throwing Martin...

norfrank

You have to feel sorry for Martin. The kid consistently goes out and throws great. Just can't plate enough runs for him to get a couple of conference wins. He could have had five conference wins at this point.  Might even have been in the running for pitcher of the year. At this point he is displaying all conference credentials.  

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Thunder11 on April 20, 2011, 11:21:18 PMSmall point but, NP and Wheaton, play the second to last series

You're right. NPU ends the season with a series against Carthage. My bad.

Quote from: Thunder11 on April 20, 2011, 11:21:18 PMbut yes NP will be quite difficult to win 2 from, let alone sweep - and yes, I must admit their Coach Johnson is quite tenacious, and of course they probably want to beat Wheaton above all others.

You can remove the word "probably" from that sentence. It's Wheaton. That's all you need to know if you wear an NPU uniform in any sport.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Gregory Sager

Quote from: BigPoppa on April 21, 2011, 08:47:25 AM
Agree 100%... the team that will be on top of the regional rankings are the teams that do not lose those midweek games with their back end of the rotation arms on the bump.

That's why, as a North Park fan, I was so encouraged that NPU's fourth starter, Travis Boyer, blanked the University of Chicago the other day.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Gregory Sager

The Augie @ NPU doubleheader scheduled for today was postponed by rain. Tomorrow's single game will become a doubleheader instead, and the third game will be rescheduled as a TBA.

The games weren't called for today until the Augie bus came in from Rock Island. There were a lot of surly-looking Doggie ballplayers wandering around the corner of Foster & Kedzie when I was over there about an hour ago. Gave me a real warm feeling inside. ;)

(Lest anyone think that North Park is being a bad host, or that Augie came all that way for nothing today, it should be noted that the Doggies are having an indoor practice in NPU's Helwig Rec Center. I don't think that the Park has ever opened Helwig's doors for an opposing team before, and it's all the more notable because today is Good Friday and all of the buildings on campus are closed except for the dorms and the dining hall.)

RedmanFan35

Carthage and IWU have to be the toughest matchup to get a , decent feel for , before the games. I liked the matchup at 9 innining games due to the Redmens pitching depth. It's an entirely diffierent story at 7 innings. The Pitchers are in a sprint and position players in a marathon.

Heres hoping that the Redmen can put up at least a 3 spot on Pankau !!! lol
Damn !! That Kids good

Go Redmen !!!!!!

BigPoppa

As a Carthage fan, I'd be happy with 2 of 3 today... but I would not be surprised to see either team take all three games. I think both teams blow out their bullpens today if needed and take their chances on next week's games.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

RedmanFan35

2 out of 3 would be just fine with me BP. We have a DH with Marian during the week and a single game with Aurora also. As close as things are looking at the top of the CCIW, I would really hate to see it come down to the last series of the year against North Park. I , like you, see matchup problems there.

It could also come down to not dropping a bad, in-region, non-CCIW game. This is my 4th year associated with the program and we have seen two pool C bids in that time. Everygame counts.

BigPoppa

Quote from: RedmanFan35 on April 23, 2011, 11:33:01 AM
2 out of 3 would be just fine with me BP. We have a DH with Marian during the week and a single game with Aurora also. As close as things are looking at the top of the CCIW, I would really hate to see it come down to the last series of the year against North Park. I , like you, see matchup problems there.

It could also come down to not dropping a bad, in-region, non-CCIW game. This is my 4th year associated with the program and we have seen two pool C bids in that time. Everygame counts.

A lot more will be clearer once the NCAA releases it regional rankings this Thursday. It will give us a good idea of where the CCIW teams stand. (I see them as #s 1-3 right now... the team I am struggling to place is WashU).

RedmanFan35

Definitely. They did'nt do themselves any favors splitting with Coe and Central, though they are playing a pretty tough schedule. I was looking forward to the eary season match up with them, but that's how things go in the Central region. I would'nt think you'd have them in the top 3 though.

BigPoppa

Quote from: RedmanFan35 on April 23, 2011, 11:55:24 AM
Definitely. They did'nt do themselves any favors splitting with Coe and Central, though they are playing a pretty tough schedule. I was looking forward to the eary season match up with them, but that's how things go in the Central region. I would'nt think you'd have them in the top 3 though.

If WashU can sweep their triple-header today vs U of Chicago, then I can see them landing anywhere between#3-5... much of that is based on how the CCIW plays out this weekend.

mwunder

IWU just took a 5-4 lead in the 3rd game and Pankau is in to pitch for IWU.  A Win and possible save in the same day...

Titan Q

IWU won 2 of 3 today against Carthage.

Jason Pankau threw an absolute gem in Game 1.  In 7 IP, all he allowed was a single hit...no walks, 7 K.

In Game 3, Pankau pitched the final 2 innings, giving up just one hit.

RedmanFan35

I said before the game. Here's hoping Carthage could put up a 3 spot against Pankau. That would have done it. Little did I know that we would'nt even 3 hits against him !! That kids a Stud !!!