BB: OAC: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, January 09, 2006, 11:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fundamentalswin2

Tomorrow will be interesting to say the least considering MUC's best player is hobbled by an ankle injury and they have struggled to score runs.  Marietta could make it a long day for the Raiders tomorrow.

Dr. Acula

Raiders are really laboring offensively right now.  Etta shuts them out 6-0 in game 1.  MUC has just 4 hits.  In game 2 they're heading to the bottom of the 5th down 3-0.  Just 3 hits so far in game 2.  Tracy had 2 hits in game 1 and Ferrell has a double in each game, but other than that not much going right now.

Tinman

It was tough to watch, Etta made the most out of every situation, they really played well.  MUC needs to get some cohesion,  also tough to start out OAC play with this much of a powerhouse

mideastfan2

I was busy all weekend so I didn't get a chance to follow Saturday's games.....sure looks like MC played well.  Blaski has been amazing thus far & only adds to the strong one-two punch with Williams.  If Gasser, Lindquist, Mahaffey, and the rest can give some strong innings out of the pen and during the non-conference weekday games, Marietta could definitely be looking at a Regional appearance once again....the schedule sets up very nicely with that many good arms!

OAC baseball fan 3

Congratulations to Austin Price, freshman pitcher who was named OAC Pitcher of the week!  I am really going to see what happens when the Bears get into the OAC... they have been seeing some easy pitching and hitting (OSU-Lima),, should be a good challenge!

mideastfan2

Quote from: OAC baseball fan 3 on March 30, 2010, 09:04:57 AM
Congratulations to Austin Price, freshman pitcher who was named OAC Pitcher of the week!  I am really going to see what happens when the Bears get into the OAC... they have been seeing some easy pitching and hitting (OSU-Lima),, should be a good challenge!

congrats, but it really makes you wonder what is going on with the people who choose the Pitcher of Week.  Price's only outing of the week was the first 5 innings of a game against a Community College team.  When I played years ago, our JV team used to play against the OSU-campus teams.

Anyways, good luck to the young man, his future looks to be bright!

Gramps

Peaceful Valley was the scene of an eruption of Berg bats that beat out  a tattoo of 17 hits in game 1 for a 14-11 win ad 21 hits in game 2 for a 20-14 win over Manchester College of Ind.

Among the total of 38 hits were 7 HRs, 2 in game 1 by R. Lizcano and G. Keen; and 5 in game 2 by J. Lash 2 and by R. Lizcano, W. Brechun & S.  Decker, 1 each.

Needless to say,  the Berg Bats were in orbit tonight.

mideastfan2

Marietta picked up 2 more in-region wins over Denison last night, and will be back on the diamond Thursday when they host in-region foe Washington & Jefferson.

http://pioneers.marietta.edu/news/2010/3/30/BB_0330100405.aspx?path=baseball

Dr. Acula

MUC lost to Walsh 10-2.  Only 4 hits today so the bats need to wake up quickly. 

Also, Cap picked up a win in exciting fashion scoring 3 in the bottom of the 9th to tie Thomas More then getting a walk off homer in the bottom of the 10th to win it.

Berg was in action as well, but that one's all Gramps!

Gramps

AND THE BATS GO ON ------
The Berg exploded for 11 runs on 18 hits with all starters getting a hit. They were led by R. Lizcano, 4-5, 4 RBIs, 2 runs, E. Williams, 3-5, 4 runs; G. Keene 2-5, 3 RBIs; W. Brechun 3-5, 1 RBI; and A. Buelow 2-3, 3 runs.

Ethan Holt was overpowering in silencing the Wittenberg bats to the tune of 2 hits with 1 run scored and knocking out 7 Ks.

OAC opener vs. Muskingum U. Fri., Apr. 2nd. Start time 1:00PM.

GO BERG !!!

Tinman

Walsh's Marc Miller had himself a day 2 doubles, 4 rbi, HPB, single, Muc defense looked ok but the hitting was missing to say the least.

Dr. Acula

Quote from: Tinman on April 01, 2010, 08:29:55 AM
Walsh's Marc Miller had himself a day 2 doubles, 4 rbi, HPB, single, Muc defense looked ok but the hitting was missing to say the least.

I expect the hitting to drop off some as they go through OAC play just because the quality of the pitching is better.  But what worries me is that the hitting has been sliding significantly already and they're barely into conference play.

Tinman

MUC Double header vs Wilmington today, 1,3pm I hope they fare better than the last conf game

Gramps

Heidelberg and Muskingum split a DH today.

In Game 1, the Berg came out on top in a 10-5 win.
W. Brechun hit HR #3 and went 3-3, 4 RBIs & 4 runs; J. Lash, 1-1, 2 RBIs, 1 run, 3 BB; R. Lizcano 2-4, 1 RBI, 2 runs; S. Decker, 2-4, 1 RBI; and A. Monroe with a hit.
N. James gets win #5 and A. Lowe, save #6.

Game #2 saw the Berg go down in defeat 12-10 on the strength of a B. Whiteman Grad Slam in the eighth.
R. Lizcano topped off an awesome week going 3-4, 1 RBI, 3 runs; W. Brechun, 2-5, 3 RBIs and single hits from E. Williams, G. Keen, J. Lash, K. Gainey, S. Decker and A. Monroe.

Gramps

Ricardo Lizcano of Heidelberg had an awesome week last week going 15-20 with 17 RBIs and scoring 13 runs with 3 BBs and  2 HRs.  Strong candidate for  OAC  "Hitter of the Week".