East Region Fan Poll

Started by pg04, July 05, 2007, 09:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D3MAFAN

Quote from: gordonmann on December 01, 2017, 03:39:51 PM
QuoteFrostburg could jump above both Delaware Valley/Brockport or fall below Wesley because they had an easier draw in the first two rounds and Wesley beat them.

Beating Wittenberg and W&J on the road in the first two rounds is easier then beating RPI at home and losing to Brockport?

If you believe that RPI is much better than both Wittenberg and W&J and Brockport being much better than RPI. I could argue both sides, but I would more than likely lean to the ladder.

@d3jason

IMO Wesley beats them both on the road too.

And they beat Frostburg.

gordonmann

Oh, okay. I agree with that.

I think what Frostburg State did was harder, but I agree that Wesley would've done it too.

I also agree that Brockport is better than Wittenberg and W&J, but Wesley didn't beat them so they don't get credit just for playing them. Nor does Del Val for that matter.

D3viewer

Quote from: AUKaz00 on November 14, 2017, 08:39:47 AM
Week 11 Fan Poll 

Team                RecordPointsLast RatingNext Week
1t  Brockport State ( 3 )10-0472vs. #8t Plymouth State
1t  Delaware Valley ( 2 )10-0471vs. Western New England
3   Wesley9-1413vs. #7 RPI
4   Frostburg State9-1334at #3 (West) Wittenberg
5   Springfield10-0315vs. #10 Husson
6   Salisbury7-3216at #8t Ithaca
7   RPI8-211NRat #3 Wesley
8t  Ithaca7-310NRvs. #6 Salisbury
8t  Plymouth State9-1107at #1t Brockport State
10  Husson9-198at #5 Springfield

Dropping Out:
Framingham State
Widener

Also Receiving votes:               
Western New England 6
Hobart 3
Alfred 2
Framingham State 2
Widener 2

Voting Distribution:            

Brockport State (3,1,1,1,2)
Delaware Valley (1,2,2,2,1)
Wesley (2,3,3,3,3)

I heard Brockport's sole motivation these last few weeks was to prove this #1voter wrong. Mission accomplished.

Bartman

I think it would be interesting to do a final poll post playoffs and post season games. There is no doubt Brockport is #1 and Delaware Valley is a close #2.I really hope Brockport can pull off a win against UMHB, but it is a tall task. Frankly, if Del Val had not made the comeback, I really would have questioned the strength of the MAC and maybe the NJAC, although Frostburg did well in their 2 wins but the Mount Union performance did not help the East. So,  I think there is a performance gap between the top 2 eastern teams and Frostburg and Wesley, but these are still the top four. After that, I think Springfield , Salisbury and Plymouth State did not help themselves in the post season, while Husson, Ithaca and Alfred all showed well. RPI played well against Wesley, but I am still not sure how good this Wesley team was, especially compared to the past teams. So , I think the post season would really change my vote on the 5 thru 10 positions....not lobbying to do this now, but it is revealing to see teams play out of conference at the end of the year.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

MRMIKESMITH

Quote from: Bartman on December 03, 2017, 06:05:40 PM
I think it would be interesting to do a final poll post playoffs and post season games. There is no doubt Brockport is #1 and Delaware Valley is a close #2.I really hope Brockport can pull off a win against UMHB, but it is a tall task. Frankly, if Del Val had not made the comeback, I really would have questioned the strength of the MAC and maybe the NJAC, although Frostburg did well in their 2 wins but the Mount Union performance did not help the East. So,  I think there is a performance gap between the top 2 eastern teams and Frostburg and Wesley, but these are still the top four. After that, I think Springfield , Salisbury and Plymouth State did not help themselves in the post season, while Husson, Ithaca and Alfred all showed well. RPI played well against Wesley, but I am still not sure how good this Wesley team was, especially compared to the past teams. So , I think the post season would really change my vote on the 5 thru 10 positions....not lobbying to do this now, but it is revealing to see teams play out of conference at the end of the year.

I agree, I think the Top 4 teams are fine. Regarding the rest, I know Salisbury had the skill to be in Top 4, but player "on field" discipline and other factors led to our demise this year.

UfanBill

Quote from: D3viewer on December 02, 2017, 03:58:02 PM
Quote from: AUKaz00 on November 14, 2017, 08:39:47 AM
Week 11 Fan Poll 

Team                RecordPointsLast RatingNext Week
1t  Brockport State ( 3 )10-0472vs. #8t Plymouth State
1t  Delaware Valley ( 2 )10-0471vs. Western New England
3   Wesley9-1413vs. #7 RPI
4   Frostburg State9-1334at #3 (West) Wittenberg
5   Springfield10-0315vs. #10 Husson
6   Salisbury7-3216at #8t Ithaca
7   RPI8-211NRat #3 Wesley
8t  Ithaca7-310NRvs. #6 Salisbury
8t  Plymouth State9-1107at #1t Brockport State
10  Husson9-198at #5 Springfield

Dropping Out:
Framingham State
Widener

Also Receiving votes:               
Western New England 6
Hobart 3
Alfred 2
Framingham State 2
Widener 2

Voting Distribution:            

Brockport State (3,1,1,1,2)
Delaware Valley (1,2,2,2,1)
Wesley (2,3,3,3,3)

I heard Brockport's sole motivation these last few weeks was to prove this #1voter wrong. Mission accomplished.

A lot of us have thought this voter wrong ALL SEASON.
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳

wesleydad

my final poll top 4 were Brockport, Del Val, Wesley, and Frostburg and I would not change that after the playoffs.  Pretty simple to me Brockport beat Del Val and Wesley, Del Val beat Wesley, Wesley beat Frostburg.  I am not sure if the games were played again the results would change much.

Bartman

Final poll has 3 Eastern teams in the top 10(Brockport, DelVal and Frostburg) with Wesley following close behind and Husson getting the 25th spot. Congratulations to all of these teams on representing the East. When was the last time the East had 3 teams in the top 10?
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Bombers798891

2006? Fisher (4), Wesley (7), Springfield (10)

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Bombers798891 on December 18, 2017, 03:04:37 PM

Except Wesley was still South region in 2006.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on December 18, 2017, 04:38:26 PM

+1 Mr Ypsi.

Bartman

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on December 18, 2017, 04:38:26 PM

Mr. Yipsi good catch. Wesley has made the top ten 12 of the last 15 years. The next "real" Eastern team is St. John Fisher with 3 of the last 15 years in the top ten(which is why the Cardinal fans are depressed this year), while Del Val, Hobart and Rowan have all been in the top 10 twice in the last 15 years, with DelVal making it this year. Other than Wesley, the top ten is rarified air for the East.
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

ITH radio

Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

ranms1102

Are we going to do an East Region Fan Poll? Can't wait for the season to start. Hey, Montclair is going to the Stagg Bowl. ;D  I didn't say what year. :)