MBB: USA South Conference

Started by CNU85, March 16, 2005, 12:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattgrubb

Big Test for Piedmont tonight.  They took the scots to over time in maryville.  Jordan Williams for Sewanee is a true player.

Hope the lions can pull one out tonight on the mountain.

bballlover

Lions pass the test. Win going away. Happy turkey day.

mattgrubb

Kendal Wallace has yet another big task in front of him this year.  Nice little win over oglethorpe.  I predict he will be coach of the year in the USA South as well as a potential Republican Nominee for the white house.  He will, with the help of this trusty sidekick McGreal, transform these young panthers into conference champions.  I hate to be cliche but the maker of me will turn these boys into men.

hasanova

narch, I'm considering a drive to Fayettenam Wednesday night for the GCQ at MU game ... are you going to be there?

mattgrubb

The best part about losing to the 9th ranked team in the country is that it is highlighted at the top of the D3hoops.com scoreboard so everyone sees it.

Tough one for the scots

hasanova

Guilford is 3-0 versus the USASAC so far, but I realize Wm. Peace, Greensboro and Averett might not be at top of the conference preseason picks ... how are Methodist and NC Wesleyan ... teams still on the Quakers' schedule?

jaybird44

Upset Alert: Emory and Piedmont are tied 37-37 at halftime.

jaybird44

Piedmont biggest lead of 2nd half of 8 points with 6:21 left, now a 6-point lead over #6 Emory.

bballlover

Lions hang on for big win. Shout out for Trae Gaines' night off the bench. Oglethorpe up next.

mattgrubb

See previous Post, the best part about BEATING the #9 team in the country is that everyone hears about it.  Nice work PC Lions, that one has to feel good.  My buddy ref'd the game last night and said it was a barn burner.  This league definitely needs wins like this and more of them.  I hope PC has their ship righted after the deal 2 years ago and are ready to be a solid team in this league.  It looks like they are doing some good things down there in Habersham County.

hasanova

Quote from: bballlover on December 03, 2014, 07:58:22 AM
Lions hang on for big win. Shout out for Trae Gaines' night off the bench. Oglethorpe up next.
Congratulations!  Nice win.

CNU85

Quote from: hasanova on December 03, 2014, 12:03:28 PM
Quote from: bballlover on December 03, 2014, 07:58:22 AM
Congratulations!  Nice win.

Indeed a great win. It is good to see PC back and seemingly strong! Good to see student-athletes given the chance to compete. And also good to see the players giving PC a chance - every one of them had the option of not going there to play ball given the recent circumstances!!

narch

'nova - the mu/gcq game is very competitive right now (mu down 3 with 4 to go)...mu looks to be improved over last year, but a fayetteville boy (and former mu summer school student) johnathan rice is killing mu right now...

hasanova

Quote from: narch on December 03, 2014, 08:27:19 PM
'nova - the mu/gcq game is very competitive right now (mu down 3 with 4 to go)...mu looks to be improved over last year, but a fayetteville boy (and former mu summer school student) johnathan rice is killing mu right now...
Thanks, narch.  I couldn't get away from work in time to go tonight, but saw the last few minutes online.  Rice has been a big plus for the Quakers this year.  Looks like the Monarchs were pretty cold from three going 1-14.  As I'm sure you know, the Quakes pulled out a 72-64 win down the stretch.

mattgrubb

scots win
Not pretty but better than an L
a blowout the whole game
Piedmont is at Berry next Sat and can probably expect the same