Shirts, and stickers and decals oh my!

Started by cawcdad, November 01, 2007, 05:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jknezek

Hendrix College sticker on a car in Birmingham AL. First of those I've seen.

cawcdad

Paid a visit to the Monterey Bay Aquarium on Saturday and saw shirts from Occidental, MIT, and Springfield College.

02 Warhawk

Kenyon T-shirt on the beach in Michigan.

Hawks88

Bowdoin sticker on a car here in Auburn, AL. Not one you expect to see around these parts.

HSCTiger74

Man in a Case Western Reserve t-shirt pushing a full buggy outside Costco in Matthews, NC yesterday afternoon.
TANSTAAFL

ADL70

Sul Ross Softball t-shirt in Georgetown, Tx.  Sul Ross is in Texas, but as was discussed on the ASC football board it is still in the middle of nowhere even for Texas.

Also St Mary's Maryland sticker on car with Connecticut plates in parking lot at Southwestern.
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

AUPepBand

Pep, while waiting for the gates to open at Chase Stadium in Phoenix for a Diamondbacks-Nationals game Aug. 1, spotted a "Wabash College" shirt. Pep asked the young man wearing the shirt whether he was a student there.

"No, but I'll be starting there this fall," the young man replied.

"So are you from Indiana?"

"Yes, I live in Muncie."

"Ahhh yes, it was Muncie Central that lost to Milan's Indians in the 1954 Indiana State Basketball Championship...you know, the real story behind the Hoosiers movie," I offered.

"I know all about that!" the kid replied, "My grandfather played for Muncie in that game! He's sitting right over there."

Hearing that, I rushed over to the gentleman and told him I was pleased to meet one of the players from that famous basketball game and that I have in my possession a collector's DVD set that includes video of the actual game.

"I've got that DVD as well," he said.

Hoosier neighbor? All of them are neighbors.

On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

crufootball

While on walking on the river walk in San Antonio, Texas I saw a girl wearing a Claremont-Mudd-Scripps soccer t-shirt.

HSCTiger74

W&L sticker on the rear window of a Honda Odyssey near downtown Charlotte today.
TANSTAAFL

cave2bens

Dept of Biochemistry T- on a young man at Publix in Northlake/ATL today, using the periodic table to spell out O-B-Er-Li-N across the back.  Creative rather than the mundane, and a nice talkative youngster to boot!
"Forever more as in days of yore Their deeds be noble and grand"

retagent

Augustana - "proud parent" on a window sticker in the Woodman's parking lot in Kenosha.

jamtod

A few months ago, saw a guy wear a St Thomas student government t-shirt at Arnold's Park in Okoboji, IA. I asked him if he was an alum. He got the shirt at goodwill.

wartknight

Quote from: jamtoTommie on September 21, 2016, 04:07:54 PM
A few months ago, saw a guy where a St Thomas student government t-shirt at Arnold's Park in Okoboji, IA. I asked him if he was an alum. He got the shirt at goodwill.
Tommie/Johnnie week; figured you would say he was wearing an SJU football shirt ???
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." John Wooden

jamtod

Quote from: wartknight on September 21, 2016, 09:38:52 PM
Quote from: jamtoTommie on September 21, 2016, 04:07:54 PM
A few months ago, saw a guy where a St Thomas student government t-shirt at Arnold's Park in Okoboji, IA. I asked him if he was an alum. He got the shirt at goodwill.
Tommie/Johnnie week; figured you would say he was wearing an SJU football shirt ???

Ewwww. I don't talk to those people.

HSCTiger74

Allegheny license plate frame while driving in Charlotte this afternoon.
TANSTAAFL