MBB: Northwest Conference

Started by The Show, March 06, 2005, 08:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: wildcat11 on January 12, 2019, 01:27:04 AM
Quote from: blackhawks4 on January 11, 2019, 08:03:37 PM
Good night for NWC action. Battle in McMinville between the two top teams in the conference tonight. And Whitworth looks to knock off #3 George Fox

Whitman just took it to my 'Cats tonight. Their unrelenting pressure is impressive.  Thought the 'Cats were too passive but give credit where it's due....the Blues are damn good.

It seemed like Linfield wasn't prepared for the intensity to start the game, which is surprising since they should've watched some part of the Whit-Whit game the other night and Whitman looked much the same in the first four minutes.  Linfield fought valiantly, but it's hard to summon that intensity after the game begins.

I thought George Fox was pretty impressive, too.  Whitman is the best team in the league, but there's four teams that are really top notch (and a few others not too far below).
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

I'll also be interested to see how Whitworth's legs recover from last night's game.  That's going to be a real factor this year for a lot of teams playing so fast on back to back nights.

(509)Rat

Whitworth shot the ball well from the field. Had a few guys who didn't shoot well from the FT line. They were inconsistent defensively but overall had an ok game on that end of the court. They just got too sloppy with the ball. The Pirates had more turnovers tonight than they did against Whitman and it really wasn't anything Fox was doing. The Bruins are a good team but it has been something Logie coached teams seem to do, play a little up or down to their competition.

They need to clean it up tonight against Linfield. This isn't new to Whitworth in terms of having the Tues, Fri, Sat games (with a good Whitman team on Tue), but Fox and Linfield haven't been as good as they are this year.

(509)Rat

Whitworth just looked really tired, especially in the 2nd half. Christy and Bishop were bad tonight. Whitworth wins 78-75. Linfield continues to play well but if you can't beat Whitworth in these circumstances then you're just not quite there yet.

D O.C.

But you've come a long way, baby.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

I felt like GFU impressed a little more than Linfield this weekend.  Not a huge difference there, but it was surprising to me.

(509)Rat

Is that because you knew what Linfield was whereas Fox maybe surprised you more in how they looked against the Whits?

I think Fox and Linfield split their series against each other and mostly beat everyone else in the conference. Each will probably drop a game they shouldn't to a UPS, PLU, etc.

Linfield has no shot of beating the Eastern Washington schools on the road as it is unlikely their bus will get them there without breaking down.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: (509)Rat on January 13, 2019, 11:28:45 AM
Is that because you knew what Linfield was whereas Fox maybe surprised you more in how they looked against the Whits?

I think Fox and Linfield split their series against each other and mostly beat everyone else in the conference. Each will probably drop a game they shouldn't to a UPS, PLU, etc.

Linfield has no shot of beating the Eastern Washington schools on the road as it is unlikely their bus will get them there without breaking down.

It was more that I had them 3-4 and now think maybe the order should be switched.  Linfield had a better resume in the preseason and I hadn't had a chance to see GFU play against a really good opponent.

wildcat11

You know, I'm not gonna fully disagree with you on this point but it's awesome to see Linfield continue to be able to even be talked about on this board as a team to contend with.  Coach Rose has done such a great job and I fully believe that program will keep improving as he's there.  Go 'Cats!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on January 13, 2019, 11:49:28 AM

It was more that I had them 3-4 and now think maybe the order should be switched.  Linfield had a better resume in the preseason and I hadn't had a chance to see GFU play against a really good opponent.

You are fired ... you used "preseason" in a sentence? Out with you!
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

I thought I was going to have to come on and apologize for my comments from before, with Linfield blistering GFU in the first half.  George Fox did well to get it back to ten late, but couldn't hang on.  I'm still going to call them pretty even.

wildcat11

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on January 16, 2019, 06:39:33 AM
I'm still going to call them pretty even.

I'll take a double digit win on the road. Good game 'Cats!

D O.C.

Huzzah!
After a busy week too.

A Buc Forever

Watching the battle of the Whits on SWX spoiled me. Video quality on the regular feed is a real downgrade. Looks like a big gap between 1 to 4 and the rest of the league.

(509)Rat

Fox loses their fourth straight. Lost to Willamette tonight...UPS and PLU stay right behind them even after both teams lost both games in eastern WA this weekend.