LL in game updates

Started by labart96, September 12, 2009, 11:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITH radio

Quote from: Jonny Utah on November 03, 2018, 02:32:35 PM
Ithaca going to take a knee and win it 10-3.

#2 for Hobart must say something right in front of 5 refs as Ithaca downs the ball and he gets two penalties and gets thrown out of the game (and half of next weeks game)

That's SR DE Al Smith. His career has been a disappointment to many Hobart fans. His behavior this season, including that ejection from the game, leaves a lot to be desired also.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Bartman

Quote from: ITH radio on November 04, 2018, 11:56:22 AM

#2 for Hobart must say something right in front of 5 refs as Ithaca downs the ball and he gets two penalties and gets thrown out of the game (and half of next weeks game)

That's SR DE Al Smith. His career has been a disappointment to many Hobart fans. His behavior this season, including that ejection from the game, leaves a lot to be desired also.
ITH,
    I was at the game and it appeared Al was pushed by an IC lineman and responded verbally, seemed the ref gave him no break and he doubled it up in a fit of emotion. Frankly he didn't deserve the first call, but the response was very poor judgment. He felt horrible after the game. Not the career ending one would hope for at the Boz. He has contributed in other ways on campus including speaking at the opening of the new Bozzuto Center for. Entrepreneurial studies. We all make mistakes, but his timing was pretty bad yesterday.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Jonny Utah

Quote from: Bartman on November 04, 2018, 12:55:27 PM

ITH,
    I was at the game and it appeared Al was pushed by an IC lineman and responded verbally, seemed the ref gave him no break and he doubled it up in a fit of emotion. Frankly he didn't deserve the first call, but the response was very poor judgment. He felt horrible after the game. Not the career ending one would hope for at the Boz. He has contributed in other ways on campus including speaking at the opening of the new Bozzuto Center for. Entrepreneurial studies. We all make mistakes, but his timing was pretty bad yesterday.

Yea I was able to watch it a few times on the feed, but there were like 5 refs right there when IC was downing the ball.  Looks like someone on Hobart tried to swipe the ball at the snap(they peobably need to change that rule) and there was some commotion right after.

Oline89

I was at the game as well, I know football is emotional, but the game was over.  IC clearly had won, they were in victory formation, the snap was a technicality.  Better heads need to prevail.  One penalty OK, still bad but OK.  Suck it up and walk away. 

ITH radio

Quote from: Bartman on November 04, 2018, 12:55:27 PM

ITH,
Those are good data points. I'm sure he's a good kid and will go on to do things as an alum that'll make us proud as Statesmen. It's just a shame he's had what I'd deem some on field issues that kept him from reaching his potential. I remember hearing how great a spring season he had as a SO going into JR year, but FB wise, he never lived up to the hype I had heard during that time.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

BomberJeff

Ithaca threatening to take this Cortaca to a blowout.  Bombers now up 21-0 after a bad punt gave them a short field to work with, and 3 plays later, Wil Gladney gets the catch in the end zone. 1:44 to go in the first half, and Ithaca gets the ball to start the 2nd half.

Cortland is having some issues: they already have over 90 yards of penalties and 4 personal fouls.

BomberJeff

Cortland gets a touchdown just before the half ends.  Deep bomb connects and the Red Dragons find some life.

Ithaca 21 Cortland 7, about 40 seconds left in the half.

unionpalooza

Union up 20-7 at the half. RPI has turned the ball over three times, and Union put 250yards if offense in the first half (180 in the air), which is the difference so far. But RPI has been able to move the ball and force a TO of its own, so very much feels like still anyone's game at this point. 

Bartman

All my picks are up:
          Union 20 RPI 7.....without a big comeback RPI may not have enough luck to win this one with some bad turnovers in first half
          Ithaca 21 Cortland 7......With the exception of brockport, I'm thinking LL was the stronger league this year....although plenty of time for a comeback
          Hobart 14  SLU....0        Hobart(the best .500 team in D3 football) looks very strong so far, not sure why RPI struggled last week

"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Bartman

Saints looking good, scored a Td and 14-6 now with the ball on Hobart 42.

RPI trims score to 20-10 with FG.
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

BomberJeff

After a lot of not much to start the 2nd half, Ithaca finally puts a drive together and gets 1st and goal on the 9.  However, it stalls out there and the Bombers take the field goal.

Cortland gets the ball, and on the first play of the next drive, Johnnie Atkins runs it 65 yards for a touchdown, cutting the deficit to 24-14.

Cortland then goes for a surprise onside kick and gets the ball... only for it to be called off for 2 penalties, an offside and kick catch interference.  Wasn't sure on the latter, but the replay did clearly show the former.  Ithaca then gets held for a 3 and out and will punt to start the 4th quarter.

End of 3- Ithaca 24 Cortland 14.

unionpalooza

Quote from: unionpalooza on November 10, 2018, 01:19:10 PM
Union up 20-7 at the half. RPI has turned the ball over three times, and Union put 250yards if offense in the first half (180 in the air), which is the difference so far. But RPI has been able to move the ball and force a TO of its own, so very much feels like still anyone's game at this point.

Union pulls off an impressive win, 34-7 is the final. 

BomberJeff

Ithaca holds on to win the Cortaca Jug 24-21.

Cortland gets a touchdown on the drive after the Bombers punt.  It then trades around until, with about 1:30 left, Ithaca fumbles it on the Cortland 12 yard line.  Cortland has one last chance, but they are picked off on 3rd and 10 and that ended it.

Caz Bombers

Congrats to Union on the dominating Shoes win.

Final from Cortland

Forces of Light and Justice 24
Imaginary Reptilian Dum-Dums 21

Bartman

Congrats to Union on a convincing Shoes win today. RPI iperformance s not trending well going into the dance.

Great win by the Bombers, hopefully they get NCAA consideration.

Hobart beats a fiesty improving Saints team, 42-31, hopefully there is a chance for one more game.

Top 4 teams in the LL were actually very close this year, next year should be very competitive.
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath