2012 Playoffs: Bracket Reactions & more

Started by K-Mack, November 11, 2012, 05:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain_Joe08

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on November 11, 2012, 06:32:13 PM
Tough draw for the CCIW.  Just hours after Pat & Company projected NCC to have won the bracketing lottery (playing CUC, surely one of the worst #2s in d3 history)), they go TO Cal Lu, and if they survive go TO Linfield!  Meanwhile, Elmhurst not only doesn't host, they travel TO a 10-0 Coe!

OUCH! :P

Not really....CUC has the offense where it can drop 40 points on a team on a daily basis. Their D leaves much to be desired but has made several game changing plays during the season. CUC however still has a tough out in Bethel to deal with in the first round.
Once a Warrior always a Warrior.
WLC Men's Tennis (2014 NACC Tournament Champs)
2014 MIAA Football Pick 'Em Champ
2014 WIAC Football Pick 'Em Regular Season Co-Champ
2014 National Confidence Playoff Champion
Milwaukee Brewers: 2018 NL Central Champions

HScoach

Interesting draw for newby Heidelberg.  They're as likely to play in the regional final as they are to lose Round 1.
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

pg04

A possible Heidelberg/Hobart matchup is certainly interesting.

pg04

I meant to post this here and not Pool C, but: While I may be mad about the double NEFC selection it's still better than the BCS!  :P

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Captain_Joe08 on November 11, 2012, 06:35:52 PM
Tough draw for the CCIW.  Just hours after Pat & Company projected NCC to have won the bracketing lottery (playing CUC, surely one of the worst #2s in d3 history)), they go TO Cal Lu, and if they survive go TO Linfield!  Meanwhile, Elmhurst not only doesn't host, they travel TO a 10-0 Coe!

Not really....CUC has the offense where it can drop 40 points on a team on a daily basis. Their D leaves much to be desired but has made several game changing plays during the season. CUC however still has a tough out in Bethel to deal with in the first round.

CUC (which of course SHOULD be CURF ;)) is a great story and I've been cheering them on all season.  But quite honestly I have them a 3-4 TD underdog to either NCC or Bethel (even if the game IS in River Falls!).

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on November 11, 2012, 06:57:53 PM

CUC (which of course SHOULD be CURF ;)) is a great story and I've been cheering them on all season.  But quite honestly I have them a 3-4 TD underdog to either NCC or Bethel (even if the game IS in River Falls!).

As far as I know, Illinois hasn't lost its NCAA hosting rights. But I wouldn't mind the game being moved to River Falls. It's a lot closer to me than River Forest. ;)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

AndOne

Apparently being an AQ from a conference that got 2 teams in the playoffs, and could have gotten 3 in, and being a historically strong team in winning or sharing the conference title 7 years in a row in a very tough conference, means nothing, or little at best.  :o

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 11, 2012, 07:01:31 PM

As far as I know, Illinois hasn't lost its NCAA hosting rights. But I wouldn't mind the game being moved to River Falls. It's a lot closer to me than River Forest. ;)

Dang!  I keep doing that (and my brother lived in River Forest (3 blocks from CURF) for years! :-*

smedindy

Quote from: AndOne on November 11, 2012, 07:02:38 PM

Apparently being an AQ from a conference that got 2 teams in the playoffs, and could have gotten 3 in, and being a historically strong team in winning or sharing the conference title 7 years in a row in a very tough conference, means nothing, or little at best.  :o

Past performance means diddly to the NCAA except when divining undefeated teams apart from each other. Bethel's RR was a lot lower than Concordia.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: smedindy on November 11, 2012, 07:05:58 PM

Past performance means diddly to the NCAA except when divining undefeated teams apart from each other. Bethel's RR was a lot lower than Concordia.

AndOne was talking about NCC, not Bethel or Concordia-M.

Langhorst_Ghost

Tough draw indeed.  Meanwhile, Adrian loses to a CCIW team (Carthage), wins a conference that got slapped around by the CCIW's best and somehow still manages to draw a home game, while 9-1 Elmhurst travels 215 miles west. 

The NCAA folks work in mysterious ways.
It's a Great Day to be a Jay!

smedindy

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on November 11, 2012, 07:08:47 PM
Quote from: smedindy on November 11, 2012, 07:05:58 PM

AndOne was talking about NCC, not Bethel or Concordia-M.

Still, the principle holds. Past performance matters not one whit, nor should it.

bluenote

Tough draw for the CCIW.  Just hours after Pat & Company projected NCC to have won the bracketing lottery (playing CUC, surely one of the worst #2s in d3 history)), they go TO Cal Lu, and if they survive go TO Linfield! 

Am I hearing some respect for a SCIAC Team? I thought NCC was pretty tough?

TJBWWPL

I am not sure why we use polls they do not mean anything. We have what is rated the best conference in the nation the WIAC, and a team that is rated #13 in the nation and they are passed up. Honestly I respect other conferences and programs but I feel a team like UW Platteville is better than 3/4 of the teams in the playoffs. But every year you see teams with high seeds that are not justified. I also know some conferences are extremely weak and still manage to pull out multiple invites to the playoffs. When will common sense and knowledge of strong conferences and teams be allowed to grace D3. A few years back the committe chose to send the #1 team in the nation on the road for 2 games by giving them a lower seed. They showed that the people making the decisions for playoffs lack knowledge and common sense. I hope some day they get it right.. Best of luck to all playoff teams.

Pat Coleman

It's true the NCAA doesn't agree with our poll, but our poll performs better in the postseason than their seedings do.

However, this should not be a surprise. We have had three projected brackets and two regional rankings that have had UWP on the outside looking in. There's been plenty of warning.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.