FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Quote from: purple on November 20, 2018, 08:49:15 PM
I do not understand how Louis Berry is not a Gag nominee. His exploits have surpassed any DB in memory, history and legend

The Gagliardi award is not just an MVP type award. It also includes academic and community service aspects.

Schools nominate players for the award. It appears that MTU thought Robinson was a more well rounded nominee.
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

hsbsballcoach7

Quote from: HScoach on November 20, 2018, 08:54:56 PM
  Question for the crowd? Is this the best defense Mount Union has ever had? Seems like it to this long time observer.

Not even close.   D-line isn't nearly good enough for this defense to be in that discussion.  It's very solid, but no dominant.  LB's are very good.  Secondary is typical, very athletic but somewhat inconsistent.

It's a very good defense overall, but let's not go crazy.

I'd say the defenses from 02, 07, 12 and 15 were the best with 02 and 15 being my favorites. They just had it all from defensive line, linebackers who could run and hit, as well as, a defensive backfield that could cover and flip a game quickly.

I love Lou Berry. One of my favorite players who consistently turns the game with a big play at big times. I keep saying, "I haven't seen that before/in a long time!"

I'd compare Jared Ruth to Jasper Collins.... And that's a good thing! The speed, quickness, hands and agility is off the charts. I hope he had an opportunity to get a free agent chance.

bleedpurple

I do not understand how Louis Berry is not a Gag nominee. His exploits have surpassed any DB in memory, history and legend.
How can Ruth be left off the First Team OAC?  Absurd. He's the most explosive player to wear the Purple since Pierre Garcon.
Question for the crowd? Is this the best defense Mount Union has ever had? Seems like it to this long time observer.
Loved the people in Salem and especially that brunch! But will not miss the weather.
Whose picking WWW to beat UMHB?

Maybe only me.  And "Brad".

WRMUalum13

Quote from: hsbsballcoach7 on November 20, 2018, 09:23:54 PM
Quote from: HScoach on November 20, 2018, 08:54:56 PM

Not even close.   D-line isn't nearly good enough for this defense to be in that discussion.  It's very solid, but no dominant.  LB's are very good.  Secondary is typical, very athletic but somewhat inconsistent.

It's a very good defense overall, but let's not go crazy.

I'd say the defenses from 02, 07, 12 and 15 were the best with 02 and 15 being my favorites. They just had it all from defensive line, linebackers who could run and hit, as well as, a defensive backfield that could cover and flip a game quickly.

I love Lou Berry. One of my favorite players who consistently turns the game with a big play at big times. I keep saying, "I haven't seen that before/in a long time!"

I'd compare Jared Ruth to Jasper Collins.... And that's a good thing! The speed, quickness, hands and agility is off the charts. I hope he had an opportunity to get a free agent chance.

My favorite is 2012, I think they went like 6 straight OAC games without giving up a point. They also had a number of guys invited to NFL camps, none of them panned out but it was still impressivel, not to mention all the punt blocks they had including a punt block TD in that Stagg Bowl. Some of the big names off the top of my head were Driskill, Dieusel, Ferrara, Rosalva

hsbsballcoach7

Quote from: bleedpurple on November 20, 2018, 09:33:28 PM
I do not understand how Louis Berry is not a Gag nominee. His exploits have surpassed any DB in memory, history and legend.
How can Ruth be left off the First Team OAC?  Absurd. He's the most explosive player to wear the Purple since Pierre Garcon.
Loved the people in Salem and especially that brunch! But will not miss the weather.

I think UMHB will have a tough time with St John's before they get to UWW. In the pick em, I have St John's advancing. I believe their defense will hold UMHB and their offense is legit! They'll put some points on the scoreboard IMO.

bleedpurple

Quote from: hsbsballcoach7 on November 20, 2018, 10:55:13 PM
Quote from: bleedpurple on November 20, 2018, 09:33:28 PM

I think UMHB will have a tough time with St John's before they get to UWW. In the pick em, I have St John's advancing. I believe their defense will hold UMHB and their offense is legit! They'll put some points on the scoreboard IMO.

I agree they will definitely put some points on the scoreboard. But, I also think a very good offense should be able to put up some points on the Johnnies as well.  But i'm not sure how good UMHB's offense is this year. In the past it has always moved from excellent to ok as the playoffs progress. That's understandable given the competition increase, but it certainly isn't the case with Mount and it isn't usually the case with UW-W when we are right. The St. John's UMHB game will be a heckuva quarterfinal!

bluenote

I think Mount has a great shot at winning the title! Hope my buddy MUC57 is well always love his comments! on the NWC Board!

HScoach

I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

raiderpa

Robinson, besides being one of the best linebackers in the nation, has a 3.75 GPA in engineering and in the summer travelled to a third world country to help install water lines to an area without water. He also has several community service activities.  All combined, this is what the award is about.  Don't know Berry's credentials outside the gridiron, but it would be hard to out shine Robinson in that respect.  Danny is a very worthy candidate.

MUC57

Quote from: HScoach on November 21, 2018, 06:59:59 AM
He's fine.  Just old.

Thanks coach! Have a happy Thanksgivings! 🍗🍷😃
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

02 Warhawk

Quote from: Bluenote on November 21, 2018, 12:00:42 AM
I think Mount has a great shot at winning the title! Hope my buddy MUC57 is well always love his comments! on the NWC Board!

Way to go out on a limb....

::) ;)

That's like me saying, I think Wisconsin has a great shot to see snow this winter.

MUC57

Quote from: 02 Warhawk on November 21, 2018, 08:20:33 AM

::) ;)I

Bluenote is like that. Never afraid to take a stance. Have to admire his (I don't know what). ❓❓❓
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

bleedpurple

Quote from: MUC57 on November 21, 2018, 08:28:38 AM

Bluenote is like that. Never afraid to take a stance. Have to admire his (I don't know what). ❓❓❓

Struggle for lucidity?

wally_wabash

Quote from: bleedpurple on November 21, 2018, 08:36:10 AM
Quote from: MUC57 on November 21, 2018, 08:28:38 AM

Struggle for lucidity?

I think I saw Struggle For Lucidity play a house show in college.  Not bad.   
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire