WBB: American Southwest Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, March 17, 2005, 02:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fanstand

D3 hoops on my computer has at 11 today, I have a schedule for Tourney with seedings and times.

Pat Coleman

Our poll did not change today.

Quote from: fanstand on February 12, 2006, 01:21:21 AM
D3 hoops on my computer has at 11 today, I have a schedule for Tourney with seedings and times.

Huh? Has what at 11 today?
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

fanstand

On my computer top 25 teams has Mcm at 11 and Hsu at 13, different from yesterday, am I crazy?

Pat Coleman

Only if you didn't hit refresh any time since Monday morning.

Don't use the built-in AOL browser, that's a piece of crap. AOL tries to save money by saving copies of web pages on their own servers and then sending you those pages instead of the most updated version.

When you log into AOL, go back to your Start button (if you're using Windows) and use the Internet Explorer Bill Gates forced you to have on your hard drive. Or better yet, download Firefox, which is just plain better.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

fanstand

I am techno-tarded, computer challanged....sorry, will try and keep up, didn't have a clue it changed. Thanks for the info

Pat Coleman

That's OK -- you'd be doing OK if AOL weren't holding you back. :)

inthepaint

Calhsu, when I was in Istanbul a couple of years ago there were internet cafes on every corner!  Be sure to drop in and log on to D3Hoop.com!  We need your insight!  About 70 cents in American money will give you plenty of time to express yourself to your heart's desire!  Just watch the time you spend in that cloud of second-hand smoke that will be your constant companion in those places. 

calhsu

Inthepaint,  My wife has told me that I will find those same internet sites.   What an age we live in,  a Californian in Turkey writing people in Texas.

I had to laugh a little when I noticed when the posts stopped  this morning.   Right before time for church.   The reason I notice such is not the case in pagan California.
I call it job security.

Of course HPU has to be considered in the polls this week. Could this be a week we four ASC teams are listed?   Now that is something to be proud of.

inthepaint

Quote from: calhsu on February 12, 2006, 08:23:46 PM
I call it job security.

I need a little explanation.  What is it that you do out there on the left coast?

calhsu

INthepaint.   Well I am a voice crying in the wilderness, a shepherd,  counselor,  friend,  teacher, chaplain,  oh an I get paid to be a pastor.    While I was at HSU I was a pupil of my pastor James Flamming of FBC.  I hate to admit this also. While I was at HSU I never attended a ladies basketball game,  never missed a men's game.  All this while being the sports editor of the Brand.  Times change,  I had two daughters,  after years of coaching girls,  I much prefer the women's style of play.

millie

calhsu...it is really interesting to find out what some of the people on this board do...for the first year on the board i thought everyone (just listening to the post) were young male college students...i would love to hear more

pirateonthebrazos

HSU officials had hoped to keep Shanika's sisters death from the team until after the HPU game. Unfortunatly they were forced to tell the team 30 minutes before they took the floor.  It was parents day for the HSU players.  The players and parents were introduced before the game.  Believe me it was very sobering walking out on that floor with your daughter knowing she was grieving inside for her teammate.  I asked her if she was ready to play and she said "no, but the team had no choice, we gotta play." After Sarah's ACL, and Shanika's tragic news the Cowgirls played well but their hearts and heads were elsewhere, and they nearly pulled off the victory.   After game the game I asked my daughter what she wanted to do,  she said "Take me home Daddy, I just want go home."

inthepaint

I am glad to know that it is a fellow pastor who takes about as much heat on this site as I find coming my way!  8)  

Two years ago I spent 8 days in Istanbul working with an IMB group.  We stayed in Taksim.  I will be joining your network of warriors lifting you before the throne.  

inthepaint

Quote from: pirateonthebrazos on February 13, 2006, 01:01:10 PM"Take me home Daddy, I just want go home."

My friend, we are praying for your daughter, her teammates, and for this family that grieves.  We have had TWO TOO MANY reminders this season that this is a game, haven't we? 

inthepaint

Oh, and one more post before I head out of the office:

Congratulations to the Lady Jackets for their weekend in Abilene.  Their coach obviously led them to look past the poor performances of the past couple of weeks and forward to the challenges they were facinig.  Way to make the most of the trip, ladies!  Whooo-hoooo!  ;D

While I have yet to see a game this season I have found things to be as exciting as one could hope for.  McM, HSU and HPU are all three strong contenders for the conference title.  I don't mean to look past MC . . . I certainly should not . . . but I must conclude that the three leaders of the West will ultimately produce the champ!  What a run to the wire!  :)