MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

They just met last year at the D3hoops.com Classic. That might have had something to do with it as well.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

tomt4525

Quote from: Pat Coleman on July 03, 2018, 05:04:43 PM
They just met last year at the D3hoops.com Classic. That might have had something to do with it as well.

And in the Sweet 16....I wanted to see another matchup this coming season.  I've read multiple posts about the possibility of Whitman being better next season even losing Howell..and I expect Point to be quite a bit better with their best player from 2 years ago returning from injury.  Bublitz would help immensely against Whitman's full court pressure.

Greek Tragedy

No offense to Coach Fusina, I'm sure he's a swell guy. However, does anyone else find it, I don't know, surprising, disappointing or the like, that he doesn't fully understand the "in-region" and "out-of-region" concept?
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

iwumichigander

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on July 07, 2018, 10:32:33 AM
No offense to Coach Fusina, I'm sure he's a swell guy. However, does anyone else find it, I don't know, surprising, disappointing or the like, that he doesn't fully understand the "in-region" and "out-of-region" concept?
i paused a little bit on this but I think Coach Fusina maybe talking in terms of Regional Rankings which influence positioning for NCAA a Tournament.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: iwumichigander on July 07, 2018, 08:32:20 PM
i paused a little bit on this but I think Coach Fusina maybe talking in terms of Regional Rankings which influence positioning for NCAA a Tournament.

Eh... still doesn't matter. All games count to "in-region" for the VAST majority of teams. Results versus regionally ranked opponents doesn't matter if they are in-region or not.

I almost feel like calling him to see what he is trying to refer to here.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

AndOne

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on July 09, 2018, 02:27:11 PM
Quote from: iwumichigander on July 07, 2018, 08:32:20 PM

Eh... still doesn't matter. All games count to "in-region" for the VAST majority of teams. Results versus regionally ranked opponents doesn't matter if they are in-region or not.

I almost feel like calling him to see what he is trying to refer to here.

Sometimes you just have to surrender to those primal urges, Dave. 🤪 😏

AndOne

Catching scent of a rumor that has begun wafting on the summer circuit breeze. It centers on the possibility that a certain former star player, whose academic/athletic collegiate career was recently interrupted, may return to the classroom and court in the upcoming year/season. 😯

Important to point out that, to date, only one note of this possible symphony has been sounded. So, it remains to be seen if it's composer was playing the joker, or if the composition might move from the adagio stage to andante. 🤗

Interesting possibility. 🤔

Hightops

Quote from: AndOne on July 17, 2018, 02:09:42 PM
Catching scent of a rumor that has begun wafting on the summer circuit breeze. It centers on the possibility that a certain former star player, whose academic/athletic collegiate career was recently interrupted, may return to the classroom and court in the upcoming year/season. 😯

Important to point out that, to date, only one note of this possible symphony has been sounded. So, it remains to be seen if it's composer was playing the joker, or if the composition might move from the adagio stage to andante. 🤗

Don't tease us, just tell us that Jordan Robinson might play @ North Central this year ;D

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: Hightops on July 18, 2018, 07:59:48 PM

Don't tease us, just tell us that Jordan Robinson might play @ North Central this year ;D

He wouldn't return to North Park?
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

AndOne

I'd be interested in knowing how you found out, Hightops. 🕵️‍♂️

AndOne

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on July 19, 2018, 09:08:21 AM

He wouldn't return to North Park?

You know the saying, Greek..........Variety is the spice of life. 😎 😏

Greek Tragedy

I thought the saying was, "In the poker game of life, women are the rake..."

- Worm
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Titan Q

Right after the '17-18 season ended (maybe March), someone told me that Jordan Robinson was going to play at Elmhurst next year.  But that person basically said, "I'll try to get confirmation and get back to you"...and that was the last I heard.

File away in the completely unsubstantiated rumor category.

NCF

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on July 19, 2018, 02:05:49 PM

- Worm

Really? ::) ::) ::) ;D
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
CCIW  MEN"S INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: TOTAL DOMINATION SINCE 2001.
CCIW MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: 35
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11
2013 OAC post season pick-em tri-champion
2015 CCIW Pick-em co-champion

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: NCF on July 22, 2018, 07:37:19 PM
Quote from: Greek Tragedy on July 19, 2018, 02:05:49 PM

- Worm

Really? ::) ::) ::) ;D

From the movie Rounders. Don't blame me.  ;D
Pointers
Breed of a Champion