FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamtod

The official link has not been changed, but the 2018 roster is out:
https://www.tommiesports.com/sports/fball/2018-19/roster?sort=position

Confirms Dowdle to LB. I'm looking to see if there are any other notable changes and at some point I will compare this to the key positions review I did at the end of last year.

MiacMan

JTT

Let's put it this way. I have a plethora of sources when it comes to UST, all of which are in the "FAMILY". I would say it is about an 90% chance that the Dowdle move is happening. It is at least where the majority of his reps have been at thus far in camp.

MiacMan

Quote from: jamtoTommie on August 14, 2018, 11:10:35 AM

Confirms Dowdle to LB. I'm looking to see if there are any other notable changes and at some point I will compare this to the key positions review I did at the end of last year.

That roster appears to be just the returning players. I don't see any of the new Freshmen or Transfers on it.

jamtod

Quote from: MiacMan on August 14, 2018, 11:25:08 AM
Quote from: jamtoTommie on August 14, 2018, 11:10:35 AM

That roster appears to be just the returning players. I don't see any of the new Freshmen or Transfers on it.

Yeah. I noticed that as I was partway through my review. Also saw Elijah Rice listed as DL again. He was listed that way last year also but was All-Conference OL.

miac952

Quote from: jamtoTommie on August 14, 2018, 10:46:05 AM
What's your source for this? He played LB his Fr/So years if I recall, but did very well at CB last year. Seemed we always had solid LB depth, but I hope this means we've got better depth at CB now, as that's been a bit of a weak spot outside of the top couple of guys. I'm not even sure who I'd expect the other starter to be if Dowdle moves to LB. Franzese and??? Hird? Petersmeyer?

Quote from: MiacMan on August 14, 2018, 10:17:33 AM
Sounds like UST has moved Dowdle to OLB. I would say that's a logical and easy transition. He has the size and is a pretty tough kid. He probably should have been playing there all along.

There a bit undersized, but would one or both of the Gerrety's from Blaine have a shot at CB? Those were two high end recruits a year ago, particularly Shea. He was all-metro and all-state.

For LB, I know I am a homer, but it blows my mind we didn't see Brandt or Blake Weber on the preseason All-American lists.

MiacMan

There a bit undersized, but would one or both of the Gerrety's from Blaine have a shot at CB? Those were two high end recruits a year ago, particularly Shea. He was all-metro and all-state.

For LB, I know I am a homer, but it blows my mind we didn't see Brandt or Blake Weber on the preseason All-American lists.

Yeah, the Gerrety boys are Shannon Gerrety's kids (the Head Coach at Blaine) More than likely have a high football IQ. I would look to see them in the mix. As for Weber and Brandt they are pitbulls and as good as any pair in the country. They are "victims" so to speak of being part of the number one defense in the country. There were too many great players on that D and not enough honors/awards to go around. They'll both be on lists come the end of the season (barring injury).

sjusection105

I just sent a telegram to Coach Fasching informing him that UST has started fall practice.
Here is his reply:
"The team has concluded a meeting and decided to continue their preparation for the 2018 season undeterred by the Tommie Smoke-fest occurring on the inter-webs D3 Football Post patterns."
As of now they're on DOUBLE SECRET Probation!

MiacMan

Ha! Just a little catch-up from the SJ2 smokefest that occurred yesterday, which I actually contributed to in a positive manner I might add. One good turn deserves another. Tis the season again! Gotta love it!

jamtod

Our apologies. Back to your regularly schedule Johnnie Smokefest and Aussie Footie updates.

OzJohnnie

I don't mind a Tommie smoke fest. I think it's cute.
[  

sjusection105

Quote from: MiacMan on August 14, 2018, 11:13:55 AM
Let's put it this way. I have a plethora of sources when it comes to UST, all of which are in the "FAMILY".
Translation: 2 sons in law former UST LB, son on current roster. Lives down the street from UST  ;D
As of now they're on DOUBLE SECRET Probation!

MiacMan

Quote from: sjusection105 on August 14, 2018, 08:29:53 PM
Quote from: MiacMan on August 14, 2018, 11:13:55 AM
Let's put it this way. I have a plethora of sources when it comes to UST, all of which are in the "FAMILY".
Translation: 2 sons in law former UST LB, son on current roster. Lives down the street from UST  ;D

Ah yes, 105, but there's more. A wife and four other kids are UST grads. Plus I worked there for 7yrs and coached there for 5yrs. However, I have solid football  contacts currently at SJ2 as well as several other MIAC schools. Going to be fun year!

faunch

Quote from: Robert Zimmerman on August 14, 2018, 09:09:38 PM
It's not Frank, but for those of you yearning for some SCTIMES coverage of SJU football, here you go:

https://www.sctimes.com/story/sports/college/2018/08/14/st-johns-university-football-seniors-prepare-season-opener/981065002/

How does a tight end the size of Streit only catch 12 balls last season????

"I'm a uniter...not a divider."

DuffMan

Quote from: faunch on August 14, 2018, 09:58:43 PM
How does a tight end the size of Streit only catch 12 balls last season????

Didn't he get hurt last season?

A tradition unrivaled...
MIAC Champions: 1932, 1935, 1936, 1938, 1953, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1971, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1982, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003