FB: USA South Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

narch

pat - although i'm disappointed with the monarch's ranking...most notably below ehc, who mc beat 36-27 last season...the kickoff coverage is GREAT - if you haven't purchased it yet, plop down the cash and get it!

mc55ol

Hope everything is going good in Monarch camp. My first coaching game didnt turn out the way i wanted it to, but we will get there.  Cant wait to see how the Monarchs do this year.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: narch on August 24, 2005, 10:04:51 AM
pat - although i'm disappointed with the monarch's ranking...most notably below ehc, who mc beat 36-27 last season...the kickoff coverage is GREAT - if you haven't purchased it yet, plop down the cash and get it!

If nothing had changed at EHC over the offseason we probably would have left Methodist ahead. :)

Glad you enjoyed it otherwise.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

narch

pat - i understand...there is a lot of hype for the ehc coach (has he ever been a head coach?) - i personally think players win more games than coaches and it's not as though he is succeeding someone who didn't know how to coach (lou wacker was pretty good), but i guess when you have the kind of run that muc has had, success is assumed - unless montgomery brought in a lot more talent (which is entirely possible), i don't see ehc beating mc - we'll find out for sure on oct. 1 when the wasps come to town - i know that offense is going to be high-powered and that should be a fun game to watch

one of my favorite features of the kickoff is the compare teams feature - great to see them side by side and look at '04 records, returning starters, etc. - definately worth the $8.95 (or $4.95 if you have a .edu email addy) - hope the advertising helps :)

mc55ol - where are you coaching?

narch

pat - how do i post a poll within the usasac thread (or is it even possible)? thanks

mc55ol

Narch, im coaching at White Oak, which is my old highschool. I will not be able to make it up to see the first game being its at SU, but im going to do everything i can to be there for the first home game. Im just happy real football season is around, the indoor game was fun, but i its just not the same. I wish i could be out there again....wonder if i can get a red shirt? Hmmm just wishful thinking, plus i dont wanna give the money back to the Guard haha. 

njlincolnlion

Narch:

I just saw that David Leonard is at Salisbury.  According to last seasons stats, he was second in rushing and total offence for the Monarchs.  Seems like the Sea Gulls got a gem with this transfer.  Additionally, I'm pretty sure Leonard will be "jacked up" for the season opener.

Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams die,
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.

Langston Hughes, '29      
Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, '30

17 NCAA DIII Championships

narch

yeah - salisbury didn't want anything to do with him when he was in hs, but after they saw him play against them, they got interested and he couldn't say no (in-state tuition) - he might be extra jacked, but he won't be playing much unless satchell gets hurt - i think the monarch offense will actually be BETTER without having to try and get so many rb's touches - mike hill and jeremy mcswain will get the lions share of the carries, and both are EXPLOSIVE athletes - hill averaged 6.8 ypc as a frosh last year...if the o-line gets together, the running game will be fine :)

abnrgr

MC55
New Bern coming into town tonight. I hope you guys rock them.

Never shall I leave a fallen comrade

narch

pat - if you could move this to the usasac board, i'd appreciate it

each player has what i would term their "key stat" from the '04 season...who will it be?

su4life

su takes on gettsyburg tomorrow good luck hornets!!!!!!!

cnu85

mc55ol

abnrgr.....someone got rocked.....but it wasnt New Bern.

Uncle Jessie

Anyone know how the scrimmage with SU and Gettysburg went?
2003-04 USAC football champions 2004 NCAA football playoffs
1989,90,91 ESAC champions men's basketball
1996 DIXIE champions men's basketball 1989,91,96 NCAA basketball tournament
1991 ESAC baseball champions 2009,10 NCAA baseball tournament
2009,10 NCAA Division III World Series
2010 USAC baseball champions

fivemics

The SU scrimmage went the Gettysburg way.  Not sure of any score but I understand that Gettysburg kept their top D in the whole game.  No big deal. Good for the second O of SU to go up against the number one D.  They should be back at the school by now unless they stopped to eat.
SU Football HighLights - Starting after first game of the season.
http://www.fivemics.net/Shenandoah-2006.html