WIAC women's volleyball

Started by WLCALUM83, September 17, 2009, 03:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WLCALUM83

UW-Oshkosh showed why they're one of 3 WIAC schools currently in the AVCA Top 25 by beating WLC on the road, 3 games to 1.

PC

Quote from: WLCALUM83 on September 17, 2009, 03:42:24 PM
UW-Oshkosh showed why they're one of 3 WIAC schools currently in the AVCA Top 25 by beating WLC on the road, 3 games to 1.

I'd venture to say that beating WLC in four is hardly worthy of a mention when it comes to D3 rankings.

WLCALUM83

Some first WIAC in-conference meet results:

UW-Oshkosh goes 2-0
UW-Whitewater and UW-Eau Claire go 1-1

OshDude

Live stats, audio and video tonight tomorrow (doh!) for the Oshkosh vs. Whitewater showdown. First serve scheduled for 7. If you see me at the match, stop by and say hello. I'll be the handsome guy in the stands.

EDIT: I should make that live "scoring," not live stats. And to be honest, I'm below average in appearance. You can still say hello, though.

WLCALUM83

WLCALUM83

WIAC Championship Match:  UW-Whitewater vs. UW-Eau Claire (Tournament website indicates Eau-Claire knocked off UW-Oshkosh in the semi-s)

Just Bill

Quote from: WLCALUM83 on November 07, 2009, 09:04:44 AM
WIAC Championship Match:  UW-Whitewater vs. UW-Eau Claire (Tournament website indicates Eau-Claire knocked off UW-Oshkosh in the semi-s)

Probably a positive development for the WIAC. Oshkosh will still be in and likely to host. Now the loser of UWW and UWEC has a good shot too.
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

WLCALUM83

UW-Whitewater took the WIAC Tourney Title by beating Eau-Claire in 3, per WIAC site.

badgerwarhawk

Oshkosh snuck  past Platteville 3-2 in the consolation match.
"Just think twice is my only advice."

cubs

Three WIAC schools earn Pool C bids (out of 19 possible) to the NCAA Volleyball Regionals starting this week.

Oshkosh (who is hosting their Regional) and Eau Claire earn Pool C bids to the Oshkosh Regional, while they are joined by fellow WIAC school and Automatic Qulaifier Whitewater.

Platteville surprisingly also earns a Pool C bid and will travel to the Washington (MO) Regional along with fellow WI school Carthage College for their opening round game.

It would not surprise me one bit to see an All-WIAC Regional Final in Oshkosh seeing that Carthage is not making the trip to Oshkosh this year.
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

WLCALUM83

Could also have an all-MIAC regional final as well if things worked out for 2 of the 3 MIAC teams in that regional. In terms of number of nationally ranked squads-Oshkosh and Hope -on paper- appear to be the toughest regioals.

cubs

I know it's the off-season, however some news that I thought was interesting to say the least....

There is a two-time All WIAC selection that is deciding to transfer following the end of the school year.  She has two years of eligibility left, but it is unknown if she will continue her volleyball career at this time.
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

OshDude

Quote from: cubs on January 14, 2010, 10:41:44 AM
I know it's the off-season, however some news that I thought was interesting to say the least....

There is a two-time All WIAC selection that is deciding to transfer following the end of the school year.  She has two years of eligibility left, but it is unknown if she will continue her volleyball career at this time.
If she's looking to play all rotations somewhere else, UWO loses two All-America hitters, including a right-side next year. Just sayin' ...