FB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

olddog

Given the Regal's new QB (who can play, watched video on him) , I doubt the champ will run the table in conference. I think the top 4 teams will be better than last season. UR's defense was the reason they won the conference (lost best D line in the conference) , this year the offense will have to be vastly improved or they will struggle to finish third. Chapman will come down to how well their linemen play. Oxy is my wild card, you better be ready to play them or their offense can beat you.
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

D O.C.

dahlby...is the Chapman strength and conditioning coach the same one you introduced me to?

The video they seemed to have been following his lead.

dahlby

Yes, but he was only in one quick take for maybe 3 seconds where one of the players lifted 500#.

OxyBob

Quote from: olddog on August 15, 2014, 04:41:54 PM
Oxy is my wild card, you better be ready to play them or their offense can beat you.

Anything could happen.

OxyBob

MonroviaCat

Quote from: OxyBob on August 17, 2014, 02:03:44 AM
Oxy is my wild card, you better be ready to play them or their offense can beat you.

Anything could happen.

OxyBob
And sometimes it does...
Go Cats!

dahlby

Gray Fox

Quote from: MonroviaCat on August 17, 2014, 07:00:07 PM
Quote from: OxyBob on August 17, 2014, 02:03:44 AM

Anything could happen.

OxyBob
And sometimes it does...
Just ask Whittier.
Fierce When Roused

cawcdad

Is anyone interested in taking over and running the SCIAC Pick 'em?

jayhawkdaddy

olddog

D3 Football Kick Off...Stirring it up again....

1) Chapman, they have winning the conference.....I just don't see it, game is won up front....Linfield will explain to them, sure some skilled talent
2) UR, this team could be better than last year, next year will be better, nice frosh class
3) Oxy, Tommy Edwards is back? interesting ....they are too thin up front
4) CLU, I think they threw them down here just to stir it up....CLU will be there...plenty of talent, transfer QB was a three star player and can play...perfect for D3....
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

Pat Coleman

Kickoff 2014 is released!

We went live at 9 a.m. PT today. As always, we appreciate those of you from this board who have subscribed. This helps us pay the bills, keeps the site free of pop-up ads and the like and makes sure we can provide quality Division III coverage across the board.

If you haven't subscribed, we would love it if you would. Thanks for supporting everything we do here at D3football.com!
https://www.d3football.com/notables/2014/08/kickoff-subscription
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

OxyBob

FCGrizzliesGrad

We're currently looking for a few more folks who would like to be part of the Top 25 Fan Poll this season over on the General Football board.  Our poll even was mentioned in an edition of Around the Nation a couple seasons ago comparing our results to that of the "major" polls. There's currently 7 people participating but most are around the Great Lakes. Would you like to see a little more west coast support? This is your chance ;)

To participate all you have to do is submit your ballot by PM to me by Tuesdays. Votes for each team may be revealed but no one's ballot will be revealed unless the person announces it themselves.

Preseason ballots are due by Sunday August 31st, but if you're interested and need a couple extra days let me know. :)

Good luck to everyone on the coast this season.
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

D O.C.

Just watched your old SCIAC schedule filler Azuza Pacific knock off Grand Valley State.
I'm waiting for Whitewater to play GVS. Of course, not in this division.

OxyBob

Quote from: D O.C. on September 05, 2014, 12:47:36 AM
Just watched your old SCIAC schedule filler Azuza Pacific knock off Grand Valley State.

I recall when Oxy, led by the great Dale Widolff, used to regularly play APU and played them tough. One game featured NFLers Vance Mueller vs. Christian Okoye.

OxyBob