FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoldandBlueBU

Quote from: OzJohnnie on October 25, 2019, 04:40:22 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 25, 2019, 04:33:40 PM
Olaf is like you think it is.

That was a good Erdmann interview, btw.  Thanks.

And I suspect I'm wrong about Olaf.  At least Minnesota pronunciation wrong.

I was in the process of posting the exact same gif.  I'm on the same wavelength as Oz.

Not sure whether to smile or cry?  Either way, I didn't see today coming...

57Johnnie

Oz,
I take it you are posting from the summit of Uluru today.  :)
The older the violin - the sweeter the music!

OzJohnnie

Quote from: 57Johnnie on October 25, 2019, 04:45:16 PM
Oz,

I've never actually been and now the only guy that visits this board who ever has (as far as I'm aware) or ever will is stanbob who sent me this photo when he went a couple years ago.

[  

57Johnnie

Quote from: OzJohnnie on October 25, 2019, 04:55:15 PM
Oz,

I've never actually been and now the only guy that visits this board who ever has (as far as I'm aware) or ever will is stanbob who sent me this photo when he went a couple years ago.

I guess you will never make it then. I understand climbers are banned after today.

OzJohnnie

Quote from: 57Johnnie on October 25, 2019, 04:58:22 PM
I guess you will never make it then. I understand climbers are banned after today.

Well, cynical me looks at it like fishing rights.  It'll re-open when the price is right for the new legal owners.
[  

57Johnnie

Quote from: OzJohnnie on October 25, 2019, 05:01:16 PM
Quote from: 57Johnnie on October 25, 2019, 04:58:22 PM

Well, cynical me looks at it like fishing rights.  It'll re-open when the price is right for the new legal owners.
Good call just like a proposal coming up for a vote here. A new sales tax would go into effect on Jan. 1 and be in effect until 2050 and then be reduced by 20%. Nice trick to get around sunset laws.
Another cynic.

AO

Quote from: OzJohnnie on October 25, 2019, 04:24:29 PM

(as an aside, the interviewer pronounced Olaf as "ol-OFF". I heard someone else say the same the other day (a ATN podcast, maybe?).  I've always pronounced it as "ol-uf".  What's the proper go?)
I've also heard it both ways, but the fight song does rhyme it with "stuff".  I'm just trying to get the pronouciation for Ripon (RIP-in, not on) down as I'm filling in at Macalester on the PA tomorrow.

Pat Coleman

Yep, you'll be rippin' those names off in no time.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Mr.MIAC

It's unfortunate that the Twins didn't make much of a postseason run this year. Are you all familiar with our local ball club, the Washington Nationals? They have their moments.

OzJohnnie

PA duties. An Eagle-VOJ in the making.

For those that may not have heard, Gary said that Greenheck is out for 1-3 weeks. He injured his elbow against BU and aggravated it against UST.  Now he needs to rest it.  On the positive side, the Johnnies will be rotating two lower class linemen into that senior dominated lineup. The line has been so good and so consistent for the last few years that few new players have had a chance to get first team work in there.  This is a good part of the season to be giving those opportunities.
[  

stanbob

Quote from: OzJohnnie on October 25, 2019, 04:55:15 PM
Oz,

Our guide, who had been going there for 20 some years said it was only the third time he had seen a rainbow there.
Everyday is payday in paradise.

OzJohnnie

Also, the Hawaiian kid was winning the XP kick-off this week in practice and amazingly hyperextended his knee so he's out.  We're back to last week's starters on XP kicking and will go for two for the whole day if we miss the first XP.

We need the Abby to fly in Max von Sydow to do his magic in whatever corner of the locker room the kickers hang out in.  Pazuzu seems to have taken up residence in that corner of the Palestra.

[  

BDB

Quote from: AO on October 25, 2019, 05:41:06 PM
Quote from: OzJohnnie on October 25, 2019, 04:24:29 PM

(as an aside, the interviewer pronounced Olaf as "ol-OFF". I heard someone else say the same the other day (a ATN podcast, maybe?).  I've always pronounced it as "ol-uf".  What's the proper go?)
I've also heard it both ways, but the fight song does rhyme it with "stuff".  I'm just trying to get the pronouciation for Ripon (RIP-in, not on) down as I'm filling in at Macalester on the PA tomorrow.

AO has me jonesing for some Ripon "rippin' good cookies."

57Johnnie

sjujohnnie

I'm excited to see how St John's looks after such a stellar performance against St Thomas! Hoping they're on a high that they don't come down from & continue improving each week!