FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffMan

A tradition unrivaled...
MIAC Champions: 1932, 1935, 1936, 1938, 1953, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1971, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1982, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003

jamtod

Quote from: DuffMan on October 26, 2019, 10:44:01 PM
ZING!!!  ::)

Isn't the appropriate response something to the effect of: huh, failing to give proper credit for someone's accomplishments and work? And here I just thought that was the Bethel thing to do.

OzJohnnie

Mrs Oz, #3 and I went to the USA Foods store today to pick up some candies for Halloween that only Americans know how to do well.  Unfortunately, I saw this monstrosity while I was there.  I didn't buy it.  I trust all your judgements.

[  

57Johnnie

Quote from: OzJohnnie on October 27, 2019, 12:50:43 AM
Mrs Oz, #3 and I went to the USA Foods store today to pick up some candies for Halloween that only Americans know how to do well.  Unfortunately, I saw this monstrosity while I was there.  I didn't buy it.  I trust all your judgements.

Good show mate! Where it says 'improved recipe' is a falsehood.  :)
The older the violin - the sweeter the music!

BDB

There's a USA Foods store in Australia?   ???

57Johnnie

Red Alert:  Today is

NATIONAL AMERICAN BEER DAY.   ;D
The older the violin - the sweeter the music!

retagent

Before the season started, we Johnnies were wondering if the receiving corps would be capable of keeping up with Erdmann. Next season, we will be wondering whether Backes, or whoever becomes the #1 QB, can keep up with the receiving corps. The WR's and TE's have really stepped up and progressed beyond expectations this year. And they are still very young.

sjusection105

Quote from: BlueDevil Bob on October 27, 2019, 08:30:38 AM

Have you been to Melrose lately? They have a "Mexican Grocery" store ???, so it's not that far fetched.....
As of now they're on DOUBLE SECRET Probation!

SJUrube

Quote from: DuffMan on October 26, 2019, 10:55:36 AM
With 2 losses, U$T will need more than some huge wins to make playoffs.  It ain't gonna happen. Though, they're undoubtedly better than many teams that will make the bracket.

Took a quick scroll through conference standings for the West region. If UST wins out they'll be 1 of many 2 loss confernence runner ups. If the West is going to get an at large team I think it will be the MIAC runner up (Bethel or UST) unless UWW has a slip up and finishes as a 1 loss runner up.

This is far from a scientific analysis, and doesn't account for at large candidates from around the country, but a UST win over Bethel would give a marquee program a signature win over a highly ranked national and regional opponent.

I don't think UST is balanced enough on offense though to pull off that upset. 

repete

I'd still rather eat an "improved" Butterfingers Down Under, than the same ol' Vegemite in the USA ...

BDB

Quote from: sjusection105 on October 27, 2019, 09:47:58 AM

Have you been to Melrose lately? They have a "Mexican Grocery" store ???, so it's not that far fetched.....

Yeah, I suppose it's more of a niche store as opposed to a giant grocery place like what I was thinking and we are used to around here.

A place I could go in Oz and pick up a can of SPAM, and a 6 pack of Leinie's.  8-)

OzJohnnie

Quote from: sjusection105 on October 27, 2019, 09:47:58 AM

Sí, estás en lo correcto. Hay algunas tiendas de alimentos especializados diferentes. Incluso hay un par de tiendas Costco acondicionadas como en los Estados Unidos.
[  

OzJohnnie

Most everything you want is in a regular grocery store but sometimes theres a few things that are only at the USA store.  It's crazy expensive so we don't go often.  But candy corn, individually wrapped caramel, Twizlers, Goldfish.  Those sorts of things aren't carried in a regular store.  There's a South African grocery not far from our house as well and it's stocked with about 800 different types of beef jerky.  The South Africans are very nostalgic for dried beef, it seems.
[  

wally_wabash

Quote from: OzJohnnie on October 27, 2019, 01:32:24 PM
Most everything you want is in a regular grocery store but sometimes theres a few things that are only at the USA store.  It's crazy expensive so we don't go often.  But candy corn, individually wrapped caramel, Twizlers, Goldfish.  Those sorts of things aren't carried in a regular store.  There's a South African grocery not far from our house as well and it's stocked with about 800 different types of beef jerky.  The South Africans are very nostalgic for dried beef, it seems.

Wait- can we give all of the candy corn to Australia?  How do we make this happen?  You're welcome to all of it.  Every last piece. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

art76

Quote from: OzJohnnie on October 27, 2019, 01:32:24 PM
There's a South African grocery not far from our house as well and it's stocked with about 800 different types of beef jerky.  The South Africans are very nostalgic for dried beef, it seems.

It's just savory road kill.  :D
You don't have a soul. You are a soul.
You have a body. - C.S. Lewis