MBB: Centennial Conference

Started by swish, March 01, 2005, 04:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCD3Basketball

Quote from: Swat Fan #1 on February 26, 2019, 02:45:20 PM
http://www.centennial.org/sports/mbkb/2018-19/releases/All-CC

Looks good to me. Anyone have thoughts?

No complaints at all, really. It's a very solid list from top to bottom. The only thing I wonder (again, not questioning, or arguing, just wondering) is if the head coach at Washington, coach Goodman, got any consideration for coach of the year. Again, I'm not arguing with the choice of Kosmalski, because Swarthmore was clearly the best team in the league. But for a coach to take a team that was picked to finish second to last in the preseason and lead them to the semifinals of the conference tournament, and first playoff appearance in 7 years, I would think that would have to warrant some sort of consideration. But again, the choice of Kosmalski is a very good one. He has the makings of a dynasty at Swat and I expect they'll get past opening weekend of the tournament and then we'll see what happens once the next round comes around.
Broadcaster. Writer. Analyst. Fan. Voter. Centennial Conference focus, with an eye on D3 as a whole. D3 Basketball runs my life for over a quarter of the year and I have no problems with that. My wife feels differently about that last part.

Swat Fan #1

Lol, I know as a Swat fan you probably won't believe me, but I thought the Washington Coach should have been in the discussion. He did a great job with them.

centfan

Swat and MIT both played teams that were no match for them. Their matchup might be a very good game. Go Centennial!

Swat Fan #1

Swat opens game against M.I.T. shooting 15-16 including 6-6 3 pointers. They lead 39-17 at 9:42 mark 1st half!

Swat Fan #1

Swat 22-24 shooting and leads 60-43 with two minutes left in first half. I have never seen shooting like this before.

Swat Fan #1

Swat shoots 24-27 in the first half and 10-10 from 3. Only player to miss a shot was their MVP Cam. Every other players hasn't missed a shot! Swat up 68-43 at halftime! Best shooting I have ever seen. Swat has missed more free throws than shots.

Swat Fan #1

105-65 final against a really good M.I.T. team. I am stunned.

CCHoopster

Wow SWAT! Watched this game and was blown away. That's basketball. This coach will be a D1 HC if he wants. What he's done is amazing- players deserve much credit too.

Gabriel

Unbelievable performance by the Garnet. They have peaked at the right time.

ClassyOwl83

Kosmalski is the BEST. Extreme attention to detail!

Gabriel

He also has the horses.  Must be a really good recruiter.

Swat Fan #1

Congrats to Cam Wiley as he was named First Team All American!

Good Luck to Swarthmore as they play their first game Friday night at 6:00pm! I think they have a real chance to win the National Championship.

But the real question is: Does coach stay or go?

Gabriel

Swat Fan #1

Agree that Coach Kosmalski could move on. However----- he has most of his talented team returning next year which might be a reason for another year at Swat.  I think it would take a very good D-1 offer to pry him loose.

How about Coach Robinson?  Will he retire?  Think other CC coaches will remain in place.

Congratulations to Cam Wiley for many deserved honors.  The young man carries himself like a class act.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Bob McKillop at Davidson is 68.  I imagine that job will be open at some point in the near future and would be pretty tempting.  Not sure why you'd want to give up what you've got at Swarthmore, though - only losing one player for next year.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere