Eastern Collegiate Football Conference

Started by ccd494, August 24, 2009, 09:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d3fan142511

7-0 last week with picks...only two games on the schedule this week.

Catholic 35
Anna Maria 14

Willy P 24
Suny Maritime 7

Conference play starts next week

D3MAFAN

Gallaudet in a doozy with Becker...two weeks in a row for Gallaudet.

D3MAFAN

Play of the week...Gallaudet blocks a go ahead FG attempt by Becker and returns it all the way for a score, appears the streak is going to continue...

Scots13

Quote from: D3MAFAN on November 02, 2013, 02:57:34 PM
Play of the week...Gallaudet blocks a go ahead FG attempt by Becker and returns it all the way for a score, appears the streak is going to continue...

Congratulations to Gallaudet. Number 5 play on Sportscenter's Top 10.

Two weeks in a row DIII has gotten some love on ESPN. Let's keep this going!
Where Chilhowee's lofty mountains pierce the southern blue, proudly stands our Alma Mater
NOBLE, GRAND, and TRUE.
TO THE HILL!

pumkinattack

Where's all the Galludet fans?  It's Thursday and there's no smack talk. 

In all seriousness, congrats on a fine season.  I hope my boys in Geneva lay the lumber on you, but that is true of all their opponents.  Look forward to seeing the game and hope you enjoy a visit to the Finger Lakes.

fulbakdad

I can't say I've ever heard any of their fans here.  I am pulling for them though.  I'm a sap for the underdog.

Go Gallaudet!

fulbakdad

D3MAFAN

Husson and Castleton State looking forward to the de facto championship in a couple weeks, both teams were really impressive in their wins against SUNY-Maritime and Anna Maria. I like how Husson schedule a good E8 team and played admirably and Castleton against a good RPI team.

Boxer7806

Agreed.  Castleton program has done a nice job with itself... im looking forward to the game as well but I think husson
Is a different beast for them. I think husson is the best team the ecfc has had to be honest with you, but I dontnknow what that actually means come playoff time

skratch29

Should be a great game that's for sure. The nice thing about castleton is they have a very talent heavy junior and sophomore class. They only have 2 senior starters this year(1 o and 1 d). But I'm really liking what this new coach has brought to the table.

D O.C.

d3fan142511

What happens if Husson, Norwich and Mount Ida all finish with a 5-1 conference record? Does anyone know how they determine the 3 way tie?

ITH radio

Quote from: d3fan142511 on November 03, 2014, 02:10:20 PM
What happens if Husson, Norwich and Mount Ida all finish with a 5-1 conference record? Does anyone know how they determine the 3 way tie?

1)       Conference Champion

For the inaugural season (2009) two teams will be selected to participate in the Championship Game.  Thereafter, members will vote annually to hold a conference championship.  The team with the highest winning percentage in conference play will be awarded the opportunity to host. In the event of a tie, predetermined conference seeding procedures will be used for selection.

Eastern Collegiate Football Conference seeding will be based on winning percentage within the conference.  Ties will be broken using the following criteria which will be applied, in order, until a team is (or teams are) separated.  At that point, the process begins anew, (returning to the first criteria) with the remaining teams.

Two Teams
1.Head to Head Results

Three or More Teams
1.Best Record Among Tied Team (in this step, only contests among the tied schools will be used).
2.Comparison of results against conference opponents one team at a time starting with the highest ranked team and continuing in downward rank order until the tie is broken.
3.Results against non-conference common opponents (in this step, only opponents who competed against all tied schools will be considered).
4.Opponents Winning Percentage (OWP) for all Division III opponents as determined by the NCAA system (both in and out of region are used in this calculation).
5.Overall Winning Percentage for all games against NCAA Division III opponents.
6.Coin Toss.

Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Boxer7806

If this happens I would be shocked.

Quote from: d3fan142511 on November 03, 2014, 02:10:20 PM

Husson should win out. I mean Ida did lose to Plymouth State. Anything can happen, look at Norwich and St. Lawrence, but I would be shocked if Husson didn't get the AQ

Bombers798891

Not trolling here, serious question: Is the ECFC going to do anything come playoff time? I thought that Gallaudet was legitimately a pretty solid team last season, and was hoping the conference was finally making some strides.

But it kind of seems like the conference has backslid a little bit, at least in looking at the schedule/results of Husson. What's the story with the conference this year?