FB: Liberty League

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bartman

From "how did he get invited" to Senior Bowl All Star......

All-Senior Bowl teams

Offense: QB Garrett Grayson, RB David Cobb, RB David Johnson, WR Phillip Dorsett, WR Tyler Lockett, TE Clive Walford, OL La'El Collins, OL Shaq Mason, OL Ali Marpet, OL Laken Tomlinson, OL Rob Havenstein

GoBart!

"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Jonny Utah

Quote from: Bartman on January 24, 2015, 09:01:00 PM
Quote from: ITH radio on January 22, 2015, 06:40:43 PM
Actually seeing scouts rate him as high as 3rd rd given past two days
Marpet totally impressive at Senior Bowl,  both in pass protection and run plays, made good decisions on blocking options during flow of play.... a couple of mistakes but considering he switched to Guard, totally understandable. He has great feet and hands, plus speed for downfield blocks . He will need  a lot of work to have flexibility to play Center, but if he does, he will be a great utility OL in the NFL. I think he more than accomplished the goal of "belonging", and even looked better than most of the OL at the game. I think draft is a done deal, just what round. Unbelievable

You wonder if the Patriots have this guy on their radar with RPI grad Matt Patricia as the OC.  The oline is one area where the Patriots have done pretty well in the draft.

Bartman

I understand that Patricia was an aeronautical engineering major at RPI, fits Belichich"s high IQ requirements.... do you think he understands how the footballs were deflated, since Belichick and Brady don't?? As far as Marpet, I understand the Packers, Falcons and Steelers were very interested before the Senior Bowl...now he is not a secret anymore
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

HSCTiger74

Quote from: Bartman on January 25, 2015, 02:28:01 PM
I understand that Patricia was an aeronautical engineering major at RPI, fits Belichich"s high IQ requirements.... do you think he understands how the footballs were deflated, since Belichick and Brady don't?? As far as Marpet, I understand the Packers, Falcons and Steelers were very interested before the Senior Bowl...now he is not a secret anymore

Lord knows we could use him here in Charlotte. It stabilized somewhat by the end of the year, but for the most part our o-line sucked this season.
TANSTAAFL

Jonny Utah

Quote from: Bartman on January 25, 2015, 02:28:01 PM

Belichick is a d3 guy, of course he knows!

Bartman

Latest on Marpet from si.com:

OG Ali Marpet, Hobart: Marpet was pretty much off the radar until people started gushing about his Senior Bowl performance, when he stood out with power at tackle and guard. Marpet showed outstanding technique, leverage and toughness, and with a similar breakout performance at the combine, he'll further prove that his small-school status won't hold him back when he hits the big time.

NFL Combine starts tomorrow and ends on Friday for OL. Looks like Ali was the only D3 player invited to Indianapolis, yet alone Statesman. Good luck. Hip Hobart!

Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

MENESCACFAN

Good video that gives your man Marpet some love.  Click play on the video for North team stars under radar;
http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/22/josh-shaw-usc-trojans-nfl-draft

Bartman

Quote from: MENESCACFAN on February 16, 2015, 08:31:59 PM
Good video that gives your man Marpet some love.  Click play on the video for North team stars under radar;
http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/22/josh-shaw-usc-trojans-nfl-draft
Thanks for the video,  hadn't seen that one. Go D3!
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

jknezek

Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 30, 2013, 01:15:21 PM
Quote from: Frank Rossi on October 28, 2013, 05:01:15 PM
Quote from: WhittFoot on October 28, 2013, 11:55:48 AM
Been hearing a lot about Hobart's Left Tackle Ali Marpet, the best tackle in LL? Country? Has anybody seen him play this year and is he as dominate as people have been saying? I do remember him last year against us and he was as good as advertised. Also listed as a junior captain for the statesman.

I think you might have, ummmm, misspelled your handle... Since the team that faced Hobart last season was Wittenberg.  You might want to ask iamhuge about talent assessment on these message boards...

Wow. That's bad. This may belong in the Saterday and exited pantheon.

I guess we need to retire this, although it still makes me laugh. Congratulations to the young man on his excellent college career and his seemingly bright future.

Bartman

Quote from: jknezek on February 17, 2015, 02:00:17 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 30, 2013, 01:15:21 PM
Quote from: Frank Rossi on October 28, 2013, 05:01:15 PM
Quote from: WhittFoot on October 28, 2013, 11:55:48 AM
Been hearing a lot about Hobart's Left Tackle Ali Marpet, the best tackle in LL? Country? Has anybody seen him play this year and is he as dominate as people have been saying? I do remember him last year against us and he was as good as advertised. Also listed as a junior captain for the statesman.

I think you might have, ummmm, misspelled your handle... Since the team that faced Hobart last season was Wittenberg.  You might want to ask iamhuge about talent assessment on these message boards...

Wow. That's bad. This may belong in the Saterday and exited pantheon.

I guess we need to retire this, although it still makes me laugh. Congratulations to the young man on his excellent college career and his seemingly bright future.
Yea, I remember this post, and well worth a good laugh...again, but you have to say W(h)ittFoot was right ! Do you think WhittFoot  will follow Ali to the NFL combine?  ;D
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

Bartman

Marpet finishes 5th out of 52 linemen in bench press today with 30 reps. Nice. Good luck tomorrow.
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

ITH radio

He and several other east region players getting props at ECAC banquet too:

http://www.ecacsports.com/sports/fball/AllStars/2014_North

Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

ITH radio

Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

thewaterboy

Saw the feature on Ali Marpet on NFL Network at work earlier tonight. Thats awesome for him and Hobart!