WBB: American Southwest Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, March 17, 2005, 02:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

baddog

What's happening at HSU?  ???
I have been following on the GameTracker. That showed 44-26 at halftime over an hour ago. Now it shows the same score as a final.
Not really a bad dog. Just misunderstood!

sethhpu

Anything on HSU yet, was that score at halftime?
Defense wins championships

baddog

That was the halftime score, but then showed as the final.
Not really a bad dog. Just misunderstood!

mcmfan

The big McM-HSU matchup is Monday.  Last season, I tried to guess the outcome of the second game between the two teams, comparing the relative point spreads against teams they both played leading up to the match.  Last time, HSU was beating opponents by a higher point margin than McM, and they went on to win the matchup.  Here's the spread this time around, if anyone is interested:

McM                  HSU           
LeT  84-62    +22     79-55    +24
MC   87-62    +25     80-55    +35
LC   95-53    +42      88-48    +40
total             +89                +99

It shows HSU with a 10-point advantage, mainly from comparison of the two scores with MC.  It should be interesting Monday night, if only to see if these kinds of point comparisons have any relevance at all to reality!

Alacumba!

dballa

watch out for that McMurry math 80-55 is 25 pts ;)

Ralph Turner

Quote from: dballa on December 02, 2006, 07:29:06 PM
watch out for that McMurry math 80-55 is 25 pts ;)

Do you know how hard it is to get him to "grade on the curve"?

;) :D ;D :) 8)

mcmfan

dballa,
You're right -- and that makes the numbers dead even!  Good thing I teach history and not math...   ;D
Alacumba!

dballa

well i'm glad you can laugh about what i said obviously someone else can't since i lost a karma point on that comment ;)

fanstand

I'll step out there and go with my ladies from McM tomorrow night. Based on they are my favorite team and I want them to win. I look forward to Pat's opinion after tomorrow, since he has gotten to see the top three teams play. He is probably the most unbiased, unless someone has fed him better BBQ (Underwood, Joe Allen's or Sharon Allen's) The season is still young and I think all three teams are as good or even better than last year. Since the tourney is in the West this year and the travel won't be so tiring, it will be a survival of the fittest.  Can't wait until tomorrow, and hopefully we will be even stronger than yesterday. I say Mcm by 9,

McM Blue Devil

Wow, what a game it will be....

only an hour and a half before tip...

I am out of here from work..

dsc

Is anyone else having the same problem?

That is...the gametracker is locked up with the score 7-3 McM.

And the "server is not working" when I attempt to hear the game through D3's stream.

Anyone know the score of the W game?
HARDIN-SIMMONS UNIVERSITY: AN EDUCATION ENLIGHTENED BY FAITH.

dsc

Finally got the audio.

Halftime:

29-27 HSU over McM.

dsc

Final 61-56 McM...

Close game all the way.

thundercat

what was the deal with Henley (or Contrussi) tonight?  I would have expected more out of a senior leader on the HSU team.  Did Mcm just play that great of defense on her or was she just not on?  I would love to know more details about the game.  I would have guessed it would have been a higher scoring affair.

HSUats

Defense On Henley/Contruci Was Very Tough, The Other Players Had Trouble Even Getting The Ball Down Low To Her And Hobbs. Melissa Also Had Some Early Foul Troubles.

I Am Proud How My Cowgirls Battled Back From An Early Deficit, And Were Able To Keep It Close.

I Look Forward To The Next Cross Town Rivalry!

Go Cowgirls!